Chapter 5

In Between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Don't forget to leave a comment :) your reviews mean a lot to me

Rosé checked her appearance in the bathroom mirror for what felt like the hundredth time. The nevers  of knowing that Suzy would arrive at any minute didn't help. 

She walked out of the bathroom and towards the front desk. She sat down in her chair, crossed her legs, uncrossed them, crossed them again. She couldn't believe how much she felt like a nervous teenager who was about to see their crush.

'' Good morning, Rosé.'' Suzy said as she stepped out of the elevator, hand firmly grasping a cup of coffee though no presence of a smile.

'' Good morning, Miss Bae,'' Rosé replied, looking up with a smile.

'' It's just the two of us, call me Suzy.'' The CEO said as she brought her cup up to her lips.

'' Am i not the one who's supposed to bring you coffee ? you know as your assistant.'' Rosé said.

'' Only if i ask. '' Suzy replied as she watched Rosé for a moment and considered what she wanted to say next. She told herself that she shouldn't talk to Rosé unless she started the conversation first. Irene was right, she shouldn't mix work with play in the first place. Mixed signals never end well.

'' You have a meeting at eleven.'' Rosé said with a smile.

'' Great. Thank you.'' Suzy said as she brought her coffee cup back up to her lips and walked off into her office. Rosé felt a little disheartened that Suzy didn't try to say something sweet or flirt with her. She could sense that something was off with her boss.

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Suzy walked inside the conference room at 10:59, commanding the attention of the room. Rosé noticed how Suzy remained neutral, no eyebrow raise, no smile, no curve at the corner of .

'' Everything is set up Miss Bae, do you need something else ? '' Rosé asked.

'' No, thank you.'' Suzy replied and made way for Rosé to exit. Nothing, there was nothing. Rosé sighed as she sat down at the desk.

Two hours later, the people began to make their way to the elevator, Rosé made her way into the meeting room where Suzy was still at the desk.

'' How was the meeting ? '' Rosé asked as she leant against one of the tables.

'' Good.'' Suzy replied, not even looking up from the screen.

'' Suzy, you can talk to me if you need to.''

'' I have to make a call.'' Suzy stood up as she pulled her phone out of her pocket.

As she walked towards the door, Rosé grabbed her arm, halting her in her tracks '' What is it, Rosé ? ''

'' Suzy, is it to do with me ? '' Rosé asked softly.

Suzy sighed '' Take a seat.'' She said, beckoning to the couch. She sat on the edge of the piece of the furniture after Rosé sat down. '' I would like to apologize for being harsh.'' She placed her hands on her knees '' I've been struggling to figure out my feelings. '' Her eyes remained glued to the floor. Sitting in her office trying to speak to Rosé about her feelings made the CEO nervous.

'' That's okay. '' Rosé replied as she moved closer to Suzy '' Have you been able to figure out your ... your feelings ? '' She asked.

'' I should be asking you the same thing.''  Suzy countered '' Can i take you out to dinner tonight ? '' She looked up at Rosé.

'' To dinner ? '' Rosé remained quiet for a moment as she pondered the offer '' Okay, you can take me to dinner.''

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter