Chapter 4

In Between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your comments always motivate me to update faster :) 

There had been no kisses, no flirty texts or calls, nothing for six days. Sure, there was the odd glance here and there but it hadn't gone beyond that. Suzy gave Rosé space. She felt like she needed to give her assistant time to give her some sort of answer.

'' I'm going to miss this place.''

'' How long have you actually been working here ? '' Rosé asked.

'' A little bit over four years.'' Hyeri said ''Miss Bae got promoted to CEO after my first year and i knew it would happen because she is a very determined woman. Mr Bae was very proud of his daughter's achievements at the company and he handed her the CEO position before he retired.''

'' Yeah, i can tell she's very passionate when it comes to work.'' Rosé commented '' She seems so focused on work though.'' she slipped the comment with an awkward laugh. She wanted to know more about her boss.

'' You'll hear a lot of things after being her assistant.'' Hyeri lowered her voice and moved her chair to Rosé '' Do you know the real reason why your job interview was postponed ? '' Rosé shook her head although she already knew about the elevator incident and was even a part of it '' The elevator Miss Bae was in was about to fall from the 15th floor. This wasn't the first time.''

Rosé's eyes widened '' What? what do you mean this wasn't the first time ? ''

'' Someone started a fire in her office a few months ago. Her father thinks someone is trying to hurt his daughter but there is no proof. I think it's just a coincidence.'' She paused '' Or maybe it's her crazy ex. They were dating when she got promoted, his name was Lee Min Ho, he seemed like a nice guy but then, they broke up after he cheated on her. Miss Bae looked very hurt and angry. She did seem different after the breakup.'' Hyeri paused for a moment '' She seems more like her old self this past two weeks. She comes out of her office more often and she looks actually happy.''

'' Oh ? '' Rosé raised an eyebrow and tried to fight the smile forming on her face.

'' Yes, I .. '' Hyeri trailed off when they heard Suzy's office door open and the sound of footsteps slowly making their way down the hallway until she was standing in front of them. She looked quite tired as she leaned against the nearest wall '' Is everything okay, Miss Bae ? ''

'' Yes, I was getting suffocated inside my office. I just needed a breather.'' She replied.

'' I'll make you a strong coffee, you gonna need it for your next meeting.'' Hyeri said as she stood up and walked towards the kitchinette.

'' Thank you Hyeri.'' Suzy replied softly before she looked at Rosé '' How are you? '' She asked, head tilted to the side a little.

'' I'm good,'' Rosé replied with a soft smile on her face.

'' Have you had enough time to think ? ''

'' Yes.'' 

'' And? '' Suzy watched as Rosé stood up and walked to the front of the desk.

'' Are you free tonight ? '' A small smile graced Suzy's face and she pushed herself away from the wall.

'' Here's your coffee Miss Bae.'' Hyeri said as she walked towards them. Suzy took a step back as she walked past, dropping her eyeline to the ground.

'' Thank you Hyeri, you can leave early if you want.'' Suzy said as she glanced at Rosé '' Tomorrow is your last day at work and i want to see what Rosé has learned so far.''

'' Oh, are you sure? ''

Suzy nodded '' Yes. You will still get paid for the hour.''

'' Thank you '' Hyeri smiled '' I'll see you both tomorrow.''

Rosé gave her a little wave as Hyeri got into the elevator and watched the doors shut, then turned back to Suzy who had an amused look on her face.

'' Oh look, suddenly we have some free time.'' Suzy said '' You look so beautiful today.''

'' Can i get a kiss ? '' Rosé asked hopefully, inclining in a little closer.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter