I am a wielder...

Being a Wielder

A warrior. My parents got me a warrior. Every muscle in my body stiffened as I continued to stare at the card. The being that is encased in the object. A being forced to obey everything their master. Those masters granted to power to wield their powers as they wish. My parents wanted me to become a wielded like them.

"Honey?" My mothers voice brought me back from my thoughts. "Look I know you have a difference of opinion, but we think it's time that you accept your bloodline and claim your first card." She gave me a teary look as she held my father's hand.

"Yes, it is time you became a wielder as you were born to be," my father spoke up. "You're mother and I have also spent time looking for the perfect card for you. An acquaintance of mine actually introduced me to that card. He said that he has been loyal and has never given him any issues."

My fingers flexed, but I was careful to not put pressure on the card. Someone who was loyal and never gave any trouble? Those were the words to describe this warrior. And yet he was easily give away or sold to another person? How could wielders even be considered people? My parents want me to become like them? I know that they have never laid their hands on me, but I know the same cannot be said of their warriors.

I gently put the card down and stood up. I stared at the floor as I gave a formal bow, "Thank you for dinner." Those were my only words before turning to walk away. They called for me to return, but I just kept walking.

They were right. I have a wielders blood inside me. It was what I was meant to be. Never did I want it nor did I think it would be forced upon me.

I closed the door and locked it behind me. My bed seemed the most comforting place so I threw myself on it. Must I become a wielder? A piercing pain struck my head and the room started spinning. Before I could collect myself, the small black particles took over my vision and the rest of my senses. 

**************************************************************

"Ah!!" A pained voice broke the silence.

My body froze. I did t want to move. I knew somehow in my soul that it was a warrior's voice.

It happened again, that yell.

It was my fault that he was in pain. He wasn't in my hands l. I didn't claim him. That's why he's in pain. Someone else is inflicting it. No... 

I felt my body running in the darkness. I knew where to go. I need my warrior. I need to protect him. 

**************************************************************
With a jolt, by body cane back to reality. I couldn't catch my breath. I was sweating as started to feel the pressure of the pillowed against my face. A soft blue hue brought me out of my darkness. My eyes cracked open and my neck squeaked internally as I searched for the source of the light. My curtains didn't get closed yesterday. The sun wasn't completely out. With a sigh, I turned to the otherside. "5:37" Oh gosh. I squeezed my eyes shut with a deep breath I stretched out all of my muscles. Its time to get up.

I blindly went to my closet and grabbed some clothes before making my way to the bathroom. I stink from all the sweat my brief nightmare put me through.

The shower definitely woke me up. It was Saturday, so I was free to do what I wanted - as long as my parents didn't have plans for me. As walk out the room drying my hair with a towel, a knock is heard.

"Good morning, my master wanted me to bring you breakfast," a voice called out.

I opened the door for the warrior to come in. She brought in a cart that had many covered plates. I made my way around her as she found a good place for me to eat. My hair was dry enough, so I didn't need the towel anymore. 

"Have a good breakfast. I will come again after you have finished," she bowed.

"Thank you, Eunjung for bringing it up for me," I replied before she left.

I put my towel on its respective hook before walking toward the food cart. I made quick work to take off all of the covers. There were eggs, a soup, some side dishes, and some coff- the card was under one of the lids. I froze. Bang Chan. It read. I put the lids down and lifted card. He was on the paler side and had bright blue hair. His eyes looked like they were about to cry for help. He need to be tough but didn't want to be. I couldn't even imagine what he's gone through.

I went to sit on my chair by the patio window as I continued to stair at the card. I grabbed an exacto knife. Holding the card with all but my pointer finger, I proceeded to make a cut on the top of the finger. Once I saw blood starting to come out, I put the knife down and held the card underneath the drop of blood forming. My heart was racing. As I was about to take a deep breath, the drop fell on to the card. The outline of the drop sparkled before being absorbed into the card.

A softer light gathered on the floor in front of me. A blue head of hair appeared with a shadow of black clothes followed.

"Greeting master, my name is Bang Chan and I am your warrior here to serve you." He spoke with his head down.

"My warrior?" I couldn't help but ask out of disbelief.

"Yes, master," he lowered his head even more. "I am here to follow your every wish as you have claimed me with your blood."

"You're my warrior," I repeated. "And I'm a wielder..."