Not Your Average Evening

You are My Saviour

Chanyeol's POV

Chanyeol takes a minute to breathe in the air around him, it's a strange mix of stale pine cleaner, cheap coffee, and a smidge of something that smells like feet and misery. Yep he's back at the precinct after two weeks undercover tracking down a drugs mule. Back to three weeks desk duty to decompress after an intense couples of weeks. Rolling his stiff shoulders he'd much rather get straight back out on the beat, finding the drug lords behind the rising drug use.  

 

One thing he was grateful for was the extremely hot shower and bath he got to have when he was finally able to finish processing the arrest. Of course he could of gone back to his own apartment, used the expensive rain and steam shower he has. It would've ended up with him falling in to his massive king bed and sleeping for a week. Yes he's dreamed of his bed, his shower, the gym and his mother's cooking for the weeks he's been undercover. Instead of his mother's famous ginseng soup he's here about to start reports and paperwork.

 

Yes it's been a tough two weeks of hard grafting and slumming it in the back alleys of the city, thankfully it was not a long job undercover. Chanyeol is not ashamed to say He definitely would not of been able to deal with that deep, dark, seedy part of city for much longer. Of course he's done longer stints undercover, but cases that involve drug dealing kingpins and underage struggling school students are never easy. Even after all his time in narcotics it never gets easier. 

 

He can sympathise with every one succumbing to the highs drugs can provide, totally gets the pressure on all these barely of age children to do well at school. It must be crippling to not only do well in exams, but to ace them for a very limited spots at the two only prestigious colleges available. The expectations of their parents, the pressure to always be the top by the schools so they can uphold their reputation must be immense. It's not any wonder to him that some young adults are using their allowance for mood enhancing drugs. He just wished it wasn't so easy as the drug lords prey on their innocence and get them hooked. Leading them down paths no one should go, and into situations like he's just been involved with. The star student turned grungy addict high on , doing what ever he can to get his next fix. 

 

It's a sad sad fate that school boy will face now, and a long road to recovery, Chanyeol hopes he makes it. Making a mental note to add visiting the child at the rehab centre in the weeks he's going to be precinct based. Taking a seat in his leather office chair, he fights the urge to groan, its  that soft leather that moulds to your form, it's got a perfect height to support his giraffe legs and enough cushioning not to give him a numb as he starts the dreaded paperwork. 

 

He has missed this place the precinct may not be the best base in the world. Yes it's very 80's with chunky wood desks set out in little quads, The walls more grey then the magnolia they should be and the desk creaking with every move of pen or pencil, at least they have shiny computers. Chanyeol is also grateful he shares his with Sehun his patrol partner and Kai another tall bronze precinct favourite. They make a formidable trio to the those poor fools in their lockup, and it's the closet set of desk to the coffee station. That cheap brown stuff is like liquid gold when they pull all nighters and their closets coffee shop closes as it's not 24 hours. 

 

He's a bit bombed there's no welcome back party, but he forgot all about what would be waiting for him. His desk is stacked high of evidence bags and a stack of reports and paper work he needs to finish before the weekend. He could say that this is a the worst part of his job, but he would be lying, there are sights he has seen that are far worse, but he will not think about that now. Paper work is a pain in his but it needs to be done, fully aware that if he gets the promotion he put in for paper work is going to be a daily thing. He will however try his best to stop the need to do these long repots straight after a undercover stint and successful arrest. Insist on more down time for all those who participated in a raid, letting them let their hair down and party. 

 

Chanyeol feels a smile on his face as remembers how it feels to ride a high after an arrest, when that adrenaline is still pumping though your veins like wildfire. The type that fizzes under your skin the one that feels like it never ends. The one where you should go out to a club and basque in its glory, heightening that buzz with alcohol and maybe, just maybe a roll between the sheets. A romp with a gorgeous stranger who's bed you could warm for a few hours before completing a stride of pride. He chuckles to himself that's what he would do and what he wishes he was doing instead of completing the reports stacked high on his desk.  Taking a peek at his phone it's only 10pm, the night is still young and with his own partner out with the rest of the boys, it's only a matter of time before he's called to pick up their drunk asses.

 

He totally willing to be designated driver this time, they all have worked hard, and if he wants this promotion he needs to knuckle down. Being the boss will be totally different to being a detective, appreciates the fact that his captain is willing to support his wish to become a precinct captain, he just wished it wasn't so desk based. Long arduous hours filled with paperwork will be a stark change to his role now. He's been a vice and narcotics detective for the last 10 years, and being out on the beat daily and under cover will be what he misses most. Yes he will get to be the one calling the shots should he get the promotion, it will still be a change one that will take getting used too. 

 

He's been a cadet, an officer and a detective in his 18 year career, even his mandatory military service was spent as a military police. Each promotion he's had has been hard earned, as decorated officer he's won merits for his chivalry and his valour. Won the favour of all the bigwigs for his commitment to delivering justice, for always being in the thick of the chase too. He could of gone down the homicide route, perhaps even the counter terrorism team, has even been offered a place with national service, but his heart has always belonged to vice. Nothing beats the thrill of the chase and getting drugs off the street. 

 

Stretching out his arms and shoulders, and cracking his neck, he fires up his computer it's time to get on it as it's already after 10pm. When the lights suddenly switch on and off, Making him instantly on edge  as stands he reaches for his firearm. Letting out a breath when the lights flicker back on and his partner saunters through the double doors with all the flamboyance of being the favourite and youngest detective.

 

"Hail to the conquering hero!"

 

"Sehun! I thought you were at the club?"

 

"Nah Kai is there shaking his for all and sundry, completely ignorant of me and my bruised heart. So I thought I drop but with your favourite iced Americano!"

 

"Sehunie you just have to tell him how you feel,  and how did you get Starbucks at this time of night?"

 

"I went to 24 hour Starbucks, next to galleria  for the coffee, I needed to calm my bruised heart after Kai hip ing and twerking with some blond . So I went for a drive and saw the Starbucks and thought of you, figured I could start working on the evidence."

 

Chanyeol gently squeezes the shoulder of his partner, he's watched Sehun pine for months now, and knows hers hesitant to start anything as this life can be tough and any distraction such as thinking of the man or woman waiting for them fatal. Maybe one day Kai will realise Sehun's feelings, but until then he silently promises to be there for his partner and best friend. Moving away he goes to turn on Sehun's computer whist the love struck man sorts  out their caffeine fix. When movement  out the corner of his eyes, surprises him. Blinking again he frowns when the shadow doesn't dissipate, looking up towards the double doors he finally sees that they aren't alone. 

 

He can feel Sehun deflate beside him when he realises this is not Kai, the man standing at doors is at least a foot shorter and doesn't have the ballet dancer athletic build Kai is famous for. Chanyeol casts his eye quickly over the man in front of him, he's wearing a beanie and drowning in a that hoodie and is trembling like a leaf in the wind. This man's nervous disposition puts him instantly on edge, and yes he shouldn't but Chanyeol willing to bet this is another potential snitch. Sehun clearly thinking the same as he immediately whispers "you can take this one," and is already heading towards the back of the precinct to where the drug tests and chocolates are stored. 

 

Chanyeol can feel the headache at the extra paperwork this is going to cause, they get tip offs often and snitch's appear daily trying to save their own skins. He's about to grab the first papers, when he stops dead in his tracks at the sound the man well boy makes it's a mix between a cry and a scream. A very unusual sound for anyone to make, Chanyeol turns back to face who he assumes is a boy under the layers of wool that's covering him. He watches as a pale and tiny hand shakily removes the beanie covering his head. That's when he feels his muscles in his stomach drop and time stands still as that dirty dark beanie reveals clean shiny platinum fluffy hair and big beautiful hazelnut eyes. Eyes that may be zipping around the room, but are not under the influence of any drugs. Chanyeol would know straight away as those reliant on substances have a tale tale glaze to their eyes. Plus this man is a little too and dare he say it far too old to be someone the drugs barons would be able to manipulate into selling drugs. 

 

The crystal clear eyes him front of him could stare into his soul, he is a bit concerned about the way this young man carries himself. That's when he hears the scrunch and crackle of the envelope he holds in his hand, how those dainty shaking fingers appears to hate holding what ever is in his hands. Chanyeol is conflicted on the one hand he knows getting to close will spook this already spooked man. Its clear this poor boy has just witnessed something he shouldn't, those gorgeous eyes may be clear of a drug glaze, they are not clear of fear or tears. The other part of him, one he long thought dormant wants to wrap this younger man up in cotton wool. His planned average night of paper work going down the pan when he hears the softest voice declare, "Im here to report a crime, I think I have a stalker!"

 

To be continued.....

 

Hello my lovelies, the response to this story is so phenomenal I truly can not believe it. I really am grateful as I've had a bit of a wobble this week with my writing. The ugly side of anxiety is how much you doubt yourself and I have massively this week please don't panic I'm ok and not giving up. 

I imagine your all screaming at me for the next part already, have no fear it will be coming and next updates will be dual points of view. You know me I like to set the tone and keep you hanging at the same time.

Let me know what you think.

Next to be updated Children of The Moon