KeV1z: Babies and Their Unnies

KeV1z: V1V1Z in Kep1er's Eyes

"Unnie!"

Xiaoting

Sinb sunbaenim has always acted mature that it's really not hard to look at her with utmost respect. She has always acted as the oldest sister within our group (KeV1z). I can see it in the way she smiles at us with encouragement for every practice. I can feel it in the way she pats my back every time she thinks I did well, I just know it's her form of compliment, and it's also undeniable that Umji sunbaenim gets support from her every time just as much as she also depends on the latter. Well, as I have said before, they are each other's pillar of support.

Sinb sunbaenim is such a shoulder to lean on that I somehow forgot that she's also one of the maknaes in her group now and even before. It's also interesting how every Gfriend member is actually a maknae in their family--like how is that even possible? Well, Dayeon told me it is already possible with the sunbaenims. 

Basically, Sinb sunbaenim had always been the youngest until KeV1z and now I can see that side of her as she runs to the door with such glee to greet the person who just arrived.

"Unnie! Why didn't you tell you're coming over?" Sinb sunbaenim exclaimed and now I can see why the Queendom staffs had once described her as a kid.

 

*****

Hikaru

Umji sunbaenim chuckles behind Sinb sunbaenim as the other rushed to the door to greet and instantly give a bear hug to whoever it was by the door. I couldn't actually get a clear sight as the figure crouches to cater the two girls clinging at her not to mention that she's wearing a cap and still with her mask on.

"That's basically the essence of surprise Eunbi," the woman said but stopped when she realized there are other people in the room. "Oh! You're preparing your Queendom performance here!" she exclaimed with a smile that never seemed to have left its place.

"Annyeonghaseyo, sunbaenim," Dayeon unnie, Xiaoting unnie and I greeted with a bow. We already stood up when we heard Sinb sunbaenim just as the door was opening. We just know that it's one of the Griend sunbaenims.

"She's so beautiful!" Xiaoting unnie gasped beside me.
"Not to mention, so tall." Dayeon unnie added.

"I'm Sojung." the tall, beautiful woman extended her hands to us with a smile. 

 

*****

Dayeon

I couldn't help but have clammy hands that I had to rub them on my pants before accepting Sowon sunbaenim's hand, (or should I say, Sojung sunbaenim?) What should I do? I have always known her as Sowon sunbae.

"Kepler, Dayeon-imnida."

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you'd still be here at this time," Sojung sunbae apologetically said as she bows to us to which we quickly shook our heads to.

"A-aniyo. It's alright, sunbae," Xiaoting unnie remarked. "We were just practicing and this is not even in the broadcast." She added to which Sojung sunbae realized the lack of staff despite some cameras set up. We just really wanted to perfect our choreography that's why we chose to stay later than what was actually planned.

"We were just monitoring unnie." Umji sunbae added still by the taller sunbae's side. She and Sinb sunbae had never left but hugged each of the older sunbae's arms.

"Yahh! You two, aren't you embarrassed acting like this in front of these babies?" Sojung sunbae playfully scolded them. But wait, were we just referred to as 'babies'? I'd usually be offended with the word but why do I find it sweet the way sunbae had said it?

"But I miss you, unnie. You have not come to play in a loooong time!" Hikaru and I had to hold our chuckles seeing Sinb sunbae whining and even stomped her feet like a bratty kid. In our defense though, we have never seen this side of sunbae before and it's such an interesting sight. Like, hey! Where's that cool and composed Sinb sunbae we always see in Queendom?

"Well, we can't play now." Sojung sunbae replied and ruffled Sinb sunbae's hair. Umji sunbae had to release her hold as Eunha sunbae arrived at the exact time.

"Wae?"

"You have practice to do! But unnie will treat you to something yummy."

"Assa!"

 

*****

Hikaru

"Biji-deul! Naui aegi." 

"Unnie!"

"Oh! Naui kang-aji," Eunha sunbae cheerfully embraced Umji sunbae who just rushed to her in a second. Just like Sojung sunbae, she must not have expected that their two maknaes have company at that hour as she paused in surprise and then turned Umji sunbae to her side to greet us.

"Uh! Kepler babies are here, too! Annyeonghaseyo!" It will not really be an exaggeration to say that she has the sweetest voice of all. Well, I guess Gfriend sunbaenims all have sweet voices but Eunha sunbae, I can say that she's another level of sweet.

"Annyeonghaseyo, sunbaenim." 

"Babe!" It was Sojung sunbae who had to fake a cough the moment she blurted it. "-ees. I mean, Eunha-ya, the babies need food, I guess. She then turned to us and asked, "Do you want some midnight snacks, babies?" 

 

*****

Xiaoting

I guess it won't be wrong to say that Eunha sunbae wanted to just hide or turn back time and avoid the slip that Sojung sunbae had made. If it's not her eyes that had doubled in size the moment Sojung sunbae turned to her while addressing her with a special four-letter word, then I guess it's in the way her face flushed red when the taller girl faked a cough without so much of a success, that confirmed everything for us.

The snicker that Sinb sunbae never even tried to hide as she releases her hold on Sojung sunbae and Umji sunbae's subtle way of getting out of the two older girls' sight didn't also help hiding their case--their case of a love story, I guess? 

 


A/N: the KeViz journey ends here... I guess? ^^