KeV1z Eye-View

KeV1z: V1V1Z in Kep1er's Eyes

~Dayeon

Sometimes, netizens are ready to throw words and insults on another person even without really knowing the whole story. Well, it's not really sometimes but most of the time. I sadly know that now.

I was about to fall asleep when a thought comes to mind. A smile forms on my face as I remember the recent episode of Queendom 2 being released. We might not have gotten the best of results but I know for myself and from the assurance from people around us that we did well. 

Completely awake by now with the sudden surge of dopamine brought by my memories while preparing for Purr performance, I scrolled through my social media. However, somehow, my happy hormones were dampened by what I saw.

Though I am happy to see one fan's tweet praising Hikaru and Umji sunbae, it saddened me to know that this certain fan is also quick to judge Sinb sunbae without knowing the whole story. If only they know how she worked hard and actually took care of us, especially Umji sunbae.

*****
"It's quite amusing how Sinb sunbaenim's eyes are always focused on Umji sunbaenim." Xiaoting unnie once remarked.

Indeed, one must be blind not to see how Sinb sunbae can't seem to take her eyes off Umji sunbae when the latter is around. It's funny how sometimes she'd act so occupied with her phone when her eyes are actually scanning around for 'her Yewonie'. We accidentally heard it once- how sweetly she addressed Umji sunbae. hehe

I especially remember that one time when Hikaru guided Umji sunbae in our choreography. Somehow, Sinb sunbae got fixated with the mirrorr. Well, when we, Xiaoting unnie and I, looked closely, she actually had her eyes on Umji sunbae's reflection though from time to time she also smiled on Hikaru as our younger member carefully explained each point for the choreography.

*****

~Xiaoting

Dayeon and I silently exchanged looks and I know just as I did, Dayeon also held a giggle seeing the hearteyes that Sinb sunbae has for her younger member. 

I didn't know at first that Sinb sunbae has been a well-known tsundere among idols. But I clearly see it with my own eyes. She's a bit shy and aloof and also as you may have known already, her face looks expressionless or mad most of the time. Contrary to that, she's actually a softie and a keen observer so she reads the room well.

She knows it when Umji sunbae needs something or when  WE need something. It could be a breather or a cheer that she awkwardly gives but nevertheless, it makes our practice fun. At the same time, I am not so sure with my two other members, but I do find Sinb sunbae dependable- like a shoulder to lean on.

*****

One can't deny the special bond the VIVIZ members have and to be honest, I envy what they have. They make me long for the same bond with my group. But of course only time could tell how tight we'll be tied to each other. 

VIVIZ sunbaenims are tightly knitted through hard times that I can only imagine for now.  They became each other's pillar of strength through waves that have tried parting them. 

At first, I thought that was it for Sinb and Umji sunbaenim when I got to interact with them closely for the first time. 

"Do you think we can do it?" I noticed Sinb sunbae whispered to Umji sunbae who had a dazed look as if she's weighing things. I can see that Sinb sunbae was really hyped up when she saw the choreography for Purr.

"I think we can do it, Jiya." I think Hikaru also noticed the way Sinb sunbae had addressed her team mate as she suddenly smiled after she stole a glance to the sunbaes.

"I don't know, Bi." I am not totally sure but I guess even Dayeon noticed, too. These two were talking, though quietly, you can tell that they are lost in their own world.

*****

~Hikaru

"We can do it. You can do it." 

Though it was not directed to me, even I, feel encouraged with the way Sinb sunbaenim had tenderly enunciated the words. I just know however that what the words really meant reached the heart of who can truly understand it.

Umji sunbae has twinkling eyes as she quickly exchanged gazes with Sinb sunbae.

They do not need to say it out loud as their actions speak louder than what their voices would carry.

We can hear it out loud with the way Sinb sunbae's arm snakes around Umji sunbae's waist in a subtle attempt to keep her close or in the way she'll lean a little closer and somehow offer her shoulder for the other to lean on.

At some point we even got worried at how their closeness will be portrayed in the show. Somehow, we want to keep what they have, a secret with us. We wouldn't want others to throw insults to them just because they are in another level of closeness, would we? Nahh! No way!

But then, that's how we realize that we worried for nothing and indeed, we are still 'babies' when it comes to broadcasts. 

Sinb sunbae is surprisingly clever- I don't mean that I thought she isn't, I mean she somehow knows it if she'll be edited or if one shot or frame will end in the last cut or not. Unfortunately, that's how their sweet moments were cut out of the episode we are talking about.

Though I know that the producers only meant well to show me teaching Umji sunbae, it still doesn't sit well for me that some netizens are pointing fingers at Sinb sunbae saying she is too laxed and complacent. She was there when everyone needed her. She was there in the shadows when Umji sunbae needed guidance. However, she made those unsuitable for broadcast as she already knew what kind of image Queendom has already set for her.

Who do you think helped Umji sunbae perfect her moves and boost her confidence during such hectic time? We, Kepler members are always not there and as much as I know that Umji sunbae practices nonstop, she still needs someone to check and correct things for her because that's who she is. 

She does not settle for less.

What I learned is that both of them are such perfectionists. Moreover, Umji sunbae sometimes doubts herself that she can't continue unless someone affirms her. Sinb sunbaenim is her constant affirmation.


*****

~Dayeon

"Uhm. You might find me lost and a little slow but I will work harder to not get in the way. Please take care of me."

We couldn't properly respond other than nod at Umji sunbae as she said that out of nowhere. Sinb sunbae had just sat down after pointing things out for her and actually guiding her. She had insisted that Sinb sunbae rest for a moment as she digests the choreography.

I noticed too that Sinb sunbae's attention was caught by the staff for a moment. They are pointing at Umji sunbae to which Sinb sunbae can only nod, her words left unspoken as she realized what the staff were trying to do.

There, she sat stiff as she can only keep her eyes trained to the front and steal glances to her friend from time to time.

 

*****

~Xiaoting 

"I told you, you can do it." I am not sure about Dayeon but I know that Hikaru also heard it. I am not one to actually be nosy or listen to other's conversation but the way Sinb sunbae had worded it out made me extremely curious.

"Thanks, Bi. But you know, I actually don't know..."

"Hmmm?"

I find myself fangirling over the two of them especially with how sweet Sinb sunbae just sounded with that simple hum. 

"I just want to break the ice with girls, I guess?" 

I can't help but glance at them as they awkwardly sat at an arm's length beside us. Hikaru is the closest to them and judging with her face, I just know she's feeling the same thrill as me.

"Girls..." everyone of us instantly paid attention the moment we heard Sinb sunbae's voice. 

"Oh... ah, I've been meaning to ask," she started a bit awkwardly and let me just mention since here I am talking about their 'chemistry', Umji sunbae subtly squeezed their entwined hands as Sinb sunbae can't seem to continue with her words. We can only focus on her as we waited for her to continue.

"ahm... about practice, should we practice in our company building?"

The idea actually pleases me and I can see that my members are pleased too as we all nodded as one. "Ne, sunbae. We like that!"

"Are you sure? I mean, it's also alright for us to go in your building." This time, it is Umji sunbae who spoke.

"It's really alright sunbaenim. It will be a new environment for practice. It will be fun for us." Dayeon explained and I'm just thankful that we do think the same.

"Right!" Sinb sunbae remarked with a smile. "Don't worry, the food is on me."

"How are you thinking about food everytime we talk about practice?" Umji sunbae commented playfully.

"Well, that's how you take care of girls Omuji. Sowon unnie said that." Though it was meant just for Umji sunbae to hear, we can't help but snicker as we clearly heard them with the room being quiet. I just know that everyone is all ears on them- the staff included.

 

 


A/N: I wrote this not because I truly know what happened behind Kev1z practice but because I believe Sinb won't and will never, under normal circumstances, let Umji to struggle alone. They have been dance partners from the start and she has always been happy to guide Umji from the sideline. It's a shame that Queendom 2 has to put that fact aside to create a more impactful scenario. 

Also, for Dayeon's 2nd POV here, you might want to refer on the scene during their workshop and you will know what I meant. Still it's 80+% fiction but the point I want to show is there. ^^

I am deducing from there that part of this is a challenge for both Kepler and Viviz.

Anyways, I do respect the Kepler girls for the humility and prowess they showed in the show. I guess they will have a little room in my heart now, especially these 3 in Kev1z.