Five

you're my heartshaker

Mina: Unnie, can I have—
Nayeon, mumbling: Yes, you can have me anytime.
Mina: Did you say something?
Jeongyeon: She did.
Nayeon: NO I DID NOT (proceeds to choke Jeongyeon)

 

 


 

 

Mina is acting weird.

Which Nayeon has noticed, not because she only has eyes for Mina before, after, and in-between their schedules, but also because Sana and Momo keep teasing her whenever it’s just the three of them.

Nayeon thinks it’s a J-line thing because they’re almost always speaking in hushed Japanese, and even though Nayeon can be considered knowledgeable of the language, she’s not exactly native like the three.

Despite the oddity in Mina’s behavior lately, though, Nayeon appreciates the reprieve and opportunity she gets whenever Sana and Momo annoy Mina.

It gives her plenty of time and space to admire her and watch as emotions—varying from flustered to pouty—cross her features.

And did Nayeon mention that Mina looks absolutely adorable when she juts out her lower lip? That it makes Nayeon want to soothe all her worries and shower her with affection and kisses? No? Okay.

Point is, Mina may be acting weird but Nayeon likes having the chance to stare at her without her noticing so it’s totally fine.

Until Mina comes up to Nayeon during one of her ‘staring sessions’—as Jeongyeon likes to call it—and it’s Nayeon’s turn to act weird around her… crush.

“Unnie, can I have—”

Nayeon is still starstruck by the way the fluorescent lights hit Mina’s hair just right and accentuate the sharp line of her jaw that she doesn’t even notice herself saying absentmindedly, “Yes, you can have me anytime.”

Mina’s brows furrow and it’s the only indication Nayeon has that Mina most likely heard Nayeon’s stupid murmur and she might have just outed her feelings to the person she’s crushing on and—

“Did you say something, unnie?” asks Mina, head tilted to the side as she examines Nayeon.

Beside her, Jeongyeon decides it’s time for her to pipe up with her usual unhelpful comments. “She did.”

This time, Nayeon doesn’t think twice before deciding that this is it. It’s time for Jeongyeon to go. “No! I did not!” she exclaims as she lunges at Jeongyeon and proceeds to choke the living daylights out of her.

Mina is too stunned to stop them, Momo and Chaeyoung only cheer Nayeon on, Tzuyu couldn’t care less, Sana is laughing her off, and it’s only Jihyo and Dahyun who try to separate the two.

Later, much, much later when Nayeon has managed to make Jeongyeon yield and apologize to her, Nayeon learns that Mina only wanted to ask for the Stax she was eating during their break.

And so what if Nayeon wished she was a Stax instead? Mina nibbles on a piece of it like she’s savoring every last bit and it’s not stupid for Nayeon to get jealous of a snack. Because she’s also one, okay?

She just wishes she’s the snack Mina nibbles on instead.