Three

you're my heartshaker

A/N: I’m not super sure about TWICE’s living situation. So, for the sake of this fic, let’s all pretend the nine of them live together in one place.

 

 


 

 

Nayeon: Ugh, I didn’t sleep at all last night. I’m so tired.

Dahyun: Well, you know what they say. if you can’t sleep, somebody is thinking about you.

Nayeon: Who the hell is thinking about me at 3am?!

Mina: (panicked silence)

 

 


 

 

The incident in the bar and the van won’t leave Mina’s mind.

Mina has always thought that Nayeon is a very charismatic, funny, sweet, and kind person. Not to mention extra confident and extremely talented.

Literally just perfect—although Mina won’t admit that out loud to Nayeon lest she makes her even smugger and overly confident.

But despite her outgoing personality, Nayeon as their unnie is also really considerate and warm. As the eldest, and despite not being their designated leader, Nayeon has always taken care of Mina the way she does for every member of their group.

Which is the main reason why Mina doesn’t think that there’s any place for her budding romantic feelings for Nayeon.

She’ll forever despise herself if she were to break the bond that their group has simply because she happened to fall for one of their members.

For Nayeon, no less.

Loud, competitive, no-holds-barred Im Nayeon.

But hearing the end of Nayeon and Jeongyeon’s conversation earlier makes hope flicker in Mina’s fragile heart.

Hope that maybe her… crush is reciprocated.

“What? So you go tell Mina she’s cute, what’s the worst that could happen?”

“She could hear me.”

Still, though, Mina tries to stomp down the feelings that threaten to swallow her whole in fear that she may not be able to look into Nayeon’s probing eyes.

Nayeon has always had the knack to stare into Mina’s eyes whenever she feels like it—which is always random and makes Mina’s heart gallop right out of her chest—and Mina is half-afraid that Nayeon will be able to learn of her feelings if she looked hard enough.

Her thoughts don’t let Mina sleep, and by the time she feels her eyes slowly close, Jihyo is already shouting that breakfast is ready.

Her limbs feel heavy and Mina swears she’s about to fall face first on the floor as she trudges down the hallway and into the kitchen where Jihyo and Jeongyeon are setting up the table for their breakfast.

Mina doesn’t even know how she manages to slot herself in the empty space between Sana and Momo on the table without falling down, too focused on her plan to sleep right after breakfast (made possible because of their clear schedule today).

But it seems that Mina isn’t the only one who hasn’t slept a wink because Nayeon is also slumped against the table across from them, her head pillowed by her crossed arms as they wait for Tzuyu and Chaeyoung to join them at the table.

“Ugh,” she groans, eyes still closed as she lifts her head, “I didn’t sleep at all last night. I’m so tired.”

With no coffee in their systems yet, nobody replies to Nayeon’s complaint. It’s normal for her to whine. And no one in their group really pays her any mind, especially in the mornings. Except for Dahyun, of course.

“Well, you know what they say, unnie. If you can’t sleep, somebody is thinking about you.”

With the information, Nayeon’s eyes spring open and she’s glaring at no one in particular as she exclaims, “Who the hell is thinking about me at three am?!”

Mina jumps as panic overtakes her and she barely pays attention to Sana and Momo who suddenly perk up at her unexpected reaction.

And in Mina’s haste to appear nonchalant as Jihyo and Dahyun turn to look at her, she also fails to notice the sudden intrigued glint that appears in Sana and Momo’s eyes as their gazes meet.

Interesting.