Four

you're my heartshaker

Mina: Nayeonnie... Is she dating anyone?

Sana: No, why?

Mina: (blushes)

Momo: (gasp) yOU LIKE NAYEONNIE!

 

 


 

 

It doesn’t take long for Mina to come to someone for advice on her… predicament.

And if there’s anyone she trusts more than Jihyo and Jeongyeon, it’s Sana and Momo.

Although, if Mina is being honest, the two being Japanese is the main reason she goes to them for advice.

Speaking in their native tongue lessens Mina’s chance of getting caught while talking about her feelings for Nayeon, after all.

Even with that thought in mind, though, Mina can’t help but be anxious about talking to Sana and Momo. The two can be tattletales and it’ll be such a shame if anything ever happens to them if they accidentally reveal Mina’s secret.

TWICE isn’t TWICE if there are only seven of them and two less Japanese members.

Mina just hopes that her friends can keep this secret to themselves.

At least until Mina has the courage to confess (which may as well be never).

“Satang? Momoring?” Mina asks as soon as she’s within the two’s hearing distance.

They don’t look up from the movie they’re watching but Sana gestures for her to come closer and Mina takes it as an invitation to settle between the two of them on the couch.

“What’s up, Mitang?” Sana asks as soon as Mina settles in and makes herself comfortable against Momo’s shoulder.

With no schedule and most of the members out shopping (Nayeon, Jihyo, and Tzuyu) or sleeping (Jeongyeon, Chaeyoung, and Dahyun), they have some semblance of privacy that Mina desperately needs.

She has to ask now or she’ll never be able to.

“Nayeonnie,” Mina starts when there’s a lull in conversation in the movie, “is she dating anyone?”

The way Momo freezes completely doesn’t escape Mina’s attention and Sana reaching for the remote to pause the movie is the only indication that they even heard her.

And as if she’s approaching a jumpy animal, Sana softly and slowly says, “No… Why?”

Without meaning to, Mina feels a flush creep up on her cheeks as she looks down and toys with her fingers instead. She only really wanted to make sure that Nayeon wasn’t dating anyone—she is, after all, a very eligible bachelorette—because despite being loud all the time, she can be secretive when she wants to be.

But even without any reply from Mina, her blush is enough to confirm whatever Momo’s thinking because she then gasps out loud, “You like Nayeonnie!”

Sana extends her arm to slap Momo’s thigh. “Momo-yah! I told you we’d let her say it first!”

The sudden shock she has upon hearing Momo’s exclamation is quickly replaced by confusion as she turns to Sana. “Wait. What? What does that mean? You know?”

Sana’s eyes widen comically, and Mina would’ve giggled at how Sana looks a lot like a kid who got caught with their hand in the cookie jar if she weren’t reeling from the fact that they know?

With no answer forthcoming from Sana, Mina turns to Momo instead who immediately ducks her head to avoid meeting Mina’s questioning gaze.

Fed up with the silence, Mina finally says with as much threat as she can muster, “Momoring.”

Momo swallows. Her eyes flicker up. Her fingers fidget with each other. Still, she doesn’t say anything.

“Momo-yah.”

Mina can practically see Momo slowly cracking under her pressure. One last push.

“Hirai Momo, I swear to God, if you don’t answer my question this instant—”

“Yes, we know! We know that you like Nayeonnie. We also know that you’re pining after her. We also know that you were the reason why she couldn’t sleep that one time. We also know that—”

“Momoring, shut up!”

“Just how much do you know?” Mina asks, bewildered at the flood of answers to questions she didn’t even ask.

Momo has the decency to look contrite. “Sorry, Satang. Mitang can be really scary when she wants to be.”

Sana only sighs. “Our Mitang won’t even hurt a fly even if her life depended on it.”

It’s Sana’s turn to be glared at. “Yah!” Mina whines. “What are you trying to say?”

“That you’re too gentle and you won’t even think of ever hurting us,” Sana answers diligently. “It’s a compliment.”

Mina doesn’t dare say that she actually contemplated having her two bandmates taken out if they were to rat her out.

They won’t believe her, anyway.

Instead, she focuses on the issue at hand. “You know?”

Sana nods. “We’ve started paying more attention after we saw you silently panicking when Nayeon-unnie screamed about who was thinking about her at three am.”

“It was hilarious.”

Mina turns to glower at Momo again.

Momo backs away from Mina—or as much as the small couch allows her to. “Yah, stop glaring at me already. You’re really scary.”

Sana sighs, again. “Anyway, we wanted to let you come to terms with it yourself before we bring it up. It’s been quite obvious for a while now, after all.”

Mina is only getting more confused with every word that comes out of Sana’s mouth. She’s come to them for some sort of advice and all she’s gotten is the knowledge that Sana and Momo know. “What does that mean?”

Instead of answering, Sana only looks up at the ceiling and says, “Oh, dear God, help me. This is going to be a slow burn.”