About Love

One Fine Day (in Japan)

Joshua didn't remember a thing from last night. He out after ranting to the bartender about his personal life. However, he wasn't sure that something didn't happen? The thought of this made the man dart up in his bed and looked around hastily, however, that made his headache  more . He groans and falls back onto the mattress. "Can't believe I exposed myself to a stranger," mumbled Joshua into his sleeve, he was also wearing the same clothes from last night.

There was a knock at the door which caught the man by surprise, he was worried that it could have been his parents. In a slow process, Joshua dragged himself out of bed to open the door. He was greeted with the prettiest face to ever exist.

"It's me, again," Seokmin said to the older man, "I just came to see if you were alright. Last night you got pretty tipsy."

"Oh God," cringed Joshua, pinching the bridge of his nose, "If I did anything to offend you, I-I am terribly sorry—"

Seokmin interrupted him with a chuckle, "No need to apologize! Nothing happened, sir."

"Thank goodness," sighed Joshua, "Thank you for listening to whatever problems I had. I know they're small things that you probably can't relate to, but I appreciate you hearing me out."

Seokmin sent the man a beautiful smile, "It's no big deal, sir—"

"Oh, you don't need to call me sir, just call me Jisoo," says Joshua with a smile, but it wasn't as bright as Seokmin's, "Wait, I want you to take this." The man retreated into his room to grab some money from his wallet. He stumbled as he returned to offer it to the latter.

"Sir, I can't take this. It's your money!" Seokmin declined, trying to return the money to Joshua.

The other man chuckles and shook his head, "No, you can take it. Use the money to give your family something nice, or hell, even get yourself something nice."

"This is too much for me to take," Seokmin placed the cash back into Joshua's hand, "And besides, I'm not spending Christmas with anyone this year. Not even my family." He lowered his voice a little bit, feeling guilty all of a sudden.

Joshua gasped quietly at Seokmin, "I'm so sorry to hear that. How about we go out right now and buy you a Christmas gift? I'll buy you whatever you want." Why was he saying that? He's practically hungover and barely knows this man.

Seokmin shook his head furiously at the other man, "No! You can't do that! I have to work today and there's nothing I deserve anyway."

"If you don't tell me what you want for Christmas before Christmas Eve," says Joshua, "Then..." he trailed off, trying to think of a threat. He obviously couldn't.

"Or you'll what?" Seokmin said with a smirk.

"I'm getting you a Christmas gift and that's final!" Joshua stuck his tongue out and politely shut the door on Seokmin. The sound of the slam was a bit too much for his headache.

"So I'm assuming tomorrow's a date?" said the hotel worker with a hum, the door still closed. There was an obvious blush across his cheeks now.

Joshua bit his lip and gave an awkward yes. He was going on a date with a person he barely knew? What was wrong with him? Japan was strange, nothing like this would have happened back in Korea.

Once Seokmin left, Joshua was quick to dial up his best friend back in Korea. "Jeonghan, I need your advice," the younger spoke quickly into the phone as he huddled himself under the covers (even though the lights were off, the light peaking through the shades was just enough for him to cower).

"Jisoo, it's so early," mumbled Jeonghan, who was tired at nine in the morning, "What are you so concerned about this early in the day?"

"You know I'm in Japan right?" asked Joshua.

"Yes, and your point?"

"I met a guy only yesterday and now all of a sudden we have a date tomorrow," Joshua said, expecting a civil response.

Jeonghan hummed, "Okay, what's he like though?"

"He's very generous and humble," Joshua hummed, deciding to finally get out of bed and change into a new pair of clothes, "He's a worker at the hotel I'm staying at and yesterday I got drunk at the bar while ranting to him about my feelings." If he was going to go out, maybe some water and an Ibuprofen would help. He puts Jeonghan on speaker as he does so.

"Yikes, that was a handful," said his friend, "Is he handsome at least?"

Looking around first, Joshua quickly slid on a new shirt before replying to Jeonghan, "I-I guess he is," the younger didn't realize how much of a blush was spreading across his cheeks, "He and I are about the same height, he's got these long legs and very well sculpted face—"

"So you admit that he's handsome?" smirked Jeonghan on the other line.

"Shut up! Just help me for tomorrow because I told him that I'd go out and buy him a Christmas present," the younger let out a stressed sigh as he finished dressing before laying back on the bed, "I haven't been on a date in years, literally."

"Just don't flex off your wealth and act like a snob," says the older friend, "Act natural and gentleman-like, then he'll like you and maybe you'll get to sleep together."

"You're gross," cringed Joshua, "Thanks for the advice I guess." He hung up and began to brush his teeth, getting ready for the uneventful day ahead of him. But at least his hangover was going away. Joshua doesn't mind sightseeing but doing it with his family ruins the point. He wanted to quietly reminisce in the scenery, not run around from place to place. Any opportunity he had, he would try to sneak away, but every time his little brother would catch him. This was going to be such a boring trip, ruined by his parents.

Joshua didn't dislike his siblings, they were just dumb sometimes; nevertheless, he loved their company when he needed it. They could tell if something was off with their older brother, Jisoo was bubbly and silly a lot of the time and they would have thought that Japan would keep him happy. Something was off.

After spending the whole day running around Tokyo and barely managing to find the hotel, Joshua and his family returned. He was so happy to be back, he was going to do nothing for the rest of the day. As his family walked through the lobby to get to the elevator, Joshua caught a glimpse of Seokmin running around, tending to people's needs.

It made Jisoo smile.

His family went up to their suites to rest for the evening; Joshua took the opportunity to sneak out. He contacted Jihoon and Soonyoung again, he thought they should enjoy some time at the bar together. Nothing wrong with some alcohol, dinner, and friends.

After changing into some new nightclothes, he snuck out of his room and slyly head to the elevator. Once he got downstairs, he proceeded to wait in the lobby for his friends to meet up with him.

Seokmin snuck up on the older man, scaring him with a quiet, "Boo."

Joshua jumped in his seat, he wasn't fond of being frightened. "Don't do that, Seokmin!"

The employee laughed, "I'm sorry, sir. I just thought I'd swing by to check up on you. Why are you down here anyway?"

"Meeting some friends for drinks," Joshua told Seokmin, "Had a long day with my family and I need a break from them."

"What happened today—that is if I can ask," said the younger man.

Joshua shrugged, there was no harm in telling the other man about his troubling day, "Well I had to spend a whole day with them around Tokyo. We, or should I say they, got lost about four times, so I'm surprised we even made it back to the hotel."

A small man came up and nudged Joshua's side while Soonyoung did the same to his other side. The duo gave Jisoo a scare (again).

"Stop scaring me!" the man whined out to his friends.

"Is this man bothering you?" Soonyoung asked Seokmin with a smug grin.

Seokmin chuckled and shook his head, "No, Jisoo and I were just chatting."

"Jisoo? I thought we were only allowed to call you that!" Jihoon complained to the older man because, in fact, not many people were allowed to call Joshua 'Jisoo' (Soonyoung and Jihoon may have been overreacting).

"Look, don't take it personally," Joshua muttered as he stepped back to get some personal space, "Would you wanna join us for drinks and dinner? We'll only be down the road."

Giving Joshua a soft smile, Seokmin rejects the older man's request, "As much as I would love to join, I have documents to organize. But I wish I could come with."

"I'd suggest ditching your duties and enjoying some Japanese street food," said Soonyoung with a cheeky grin, causing Jihoon to jam his elbow into the other man's side.

"Don't encourage skipping work!" Jihoon snarled, "I'm sorry about him, he's always been the reckless one in this group."

This all made Seokmin laugh, "Ah well, I am flattered by the offer to skip work and join you all, but I will sadly stay here and not get in trouble."

"Well if you want to join us," said Joshua, "I'd love to have you."

This made Seokmin blush, however, he declines once again and leaves the group off for the evening. As the trio strolled down the street, Joshua purposefully avoided eye contact with his other friends, since he knew they were going to interrogate them about the cute employee from the hotel.

"Come on Josh," Jihoon smacked his hand onto Jisoo's shoulder, trying to peer pressure an answer out of him, "We saw you catching looks and chatting with him."

"You can tell us~" cooed Soonyoung. The three walked into a small Japanese barbeque bar and sat down in a booth near the front of the restaurant (so Seokmin could spot them easily if he joined them).

"Why should I tell you?" Joshua disputed with an attitude, "You'll make fun of me."

Jihoon let out a laugh as he took off his jacket, the bar was very warm due to all the food being grilled. A waiter came up to their table and told them all about their food and alcohol options for the night, giving the group her personal suggestions on what the best thing on the menu was. They all ordered drinks, mainly sodas, but had an idea of what beers to get later, and began searching the menu for something to eat.

"Look, you can pick the food, I'll be okay with whatever," Joshua said putting his menu down, casting a look towards the other two men.

"Alright, as long as you tell us about that hotel boy," smirked Soonyoung.

Joshua rolled his eyes (out of his skull), "You two are so annoying."

"Exactly, which is why you chose to hang out with us," said Jihoon. They all ordered their food for the evening and Joshua (sadly) spilled the beans about Seokmin.

And all Soonyoung had to say about that was, "If you like him so much, just get him a Christmas gift. You have four days."

Jihoon agrees, "Yeah, just buy him something. No harm in that, is there?" He was right, no harm in buying a stranger a gift. The trio continued chatting until the food arrived, they all couldn't wait to dig in. Joshua couldn't get enough of it, Japanese barbeque was probably the best food he'd ever eaten in a  long  time.

"God," exhaled Joshua, laying back in his booth, "This is  so  good." The three were only halfway through their meal and Jisoo wasn't sure if he could finish his part.

"Well, it's Japanese barbeque," a new voice spoke, "Nothing get's better than this." The men turned to the new visitor, who greeted them with a sweet smile.

"Seokmin!" beamed Soonyoung, "Come and join us, we can't eat anymore." The aforementioned man laughs as he slips into the booth next to Joshua. His eyes glimmer as he watches the food, he was so tempted by it. "Oh! Go ahead, take some. We don't mind," Soonyoung gave the other man a bright smile.

"Are you sure? I don't wanna intrude," Seokmin sheepishly exclaims, even though he was allowed space to sit next to Joshua. "This all looks so delicious, you all picked a great place to eat!"

Joshua nods softly and gives the other man a gentle smile, "I agree, I've been eating well while I've been here."

The group ate and drank for the rest of the evening, talking about God-knows-what, and bonding. Joshua wasn't sure if it was the alcohol talking or if it was him, but he felt warm and enamored with Seokmin even  more . His laugh was so precious. His smile was beautiful. The way he spoke and got along with others. God, what was wrong with him? Soonyoung wasn't sure if his friend was completely there, but the man knew he was in good hands. After they finished, their beers and food, the group knew it was best to part for the night (it was getting close to midnight). Soonyoung said his million goodbyes and wished that the pair got home safely, despite the hotel being literally down the street.

Seokmin held onto Joshua, knowing the other man was a little tipsy, he wanted to make sure they both got back okay. Josh was mumbling about something, the other man didn't want to intrude and ask (again, despite allowing him to drunkenly rant about his family problems). "I'll get you back to your room perfectly fine, sir," he smiles with good intentions down at Josh.

Luckily for him, the tipsy man was easy to manage. No complaints from Lee Seokmin! When he got to the other man's room, he pulled out the key card that unlocked every single room in the hotel and stepped in carefully. Josh let out a tired groan and stumbled into his room, "Mnhmmmmm."

"I know, I know," chuckled Seokmin as he turned the light on, "let's get you in bed now."

"Do we haveeee tooooo?" Joshua whined.

"Yes!"

The pair dragged into the room more and the hotel worker was able to plop Josh onto the bed in a fashionable manner. The other man automatically hides his face in the pillow. Seokmin knew his job was done here and turned to leave.

Joshua grabs his wrist, "hey," he pauses for a minute.

Seokmin is a little lost and inches closer again, "Everything okay?"

Joshua groans and sits back up slowly, "Hmn," he lets out and makes eye contact with the other man. They stare for a moment and Josh leans in close.

Seokmin can't help but slowly close his eyes and lean in too; he knows Joshua isn't too drunk

"I'm not drunk," the older man confirms right before pressing his lips onto the others.

Seokmin kisses Josh as well. He can taste the alcohol on his scent, but it doesn't matter because his lips are so soft. The two slowly pull away and give each other hazy looks.

"I said I'm not drunk," Joshua repeats as he leans in again.