Last Morning on Vacation

The Brain vs The Heart

Mineul was awakened by the blinding sunlight on her face. She opened her eyes to see the curtains wide open. She tried to move but she suddenly noticed an arm draped over her waist. She turned her head and saw Leeteuk’s angelic face sleeping. Mineul smiled and checked her phone for the time. 7:34AM.

“Good morning,” she turned so her body was facing Leeteuk.

Leeteuk’s eyes flinched but he continued sleeping.

“Park Leeteuk, wake up. Let’s eat breakfast.”

No response.

“Aish!” Mineul lightly scratched her fingertips up and down against Leeteuk’s tummy in an attempt to tickle him. “Wake up!”

A smile slowly formed in Leeteuk’s lips.

“Awake now? Awake now?” Mineul lightly patted his cheeks on either side with her hands.

“I woke up before you did,” Leeteuk slowly opened her eyes, still with that smile.

Mineul smacked his chest with her fists and said, “Yah!” Mineul got up and tied her hair in a bun.

“Breakfast?” Leeteuk sat up on the bed.

Mineul nodded as she closed the curtains. “It’s too bright,” she muttered.

“How about Tiffany and Donghae?”

“Call Donghae oppa. I’ll call Tiffany.”

The two reached for their phone and started calling their friends.

“Yeoboseyo? Donghae?”

“Oh, hyung?” Donghae answered his phone in the bathroom—he was preparing to take his morning shower.

“Let’s have breakfast. Same place as last night. 8:00AM.”

“Neh, hyung. We gonna swim after?”

“Yes. Bring your things,” Leeteuk instructed.

“Arasseoyo, hyung. Bye,”

“Bye,” the boys hung up. Leeteuk turned to Mineul who looked problematic and asked, “Have you talked to Tiffany yet?”

Mineul worriedly shook her head.

“But Donghae’s already awake. Try calling her again.”

Mineul did as Leeteuk said and sure enough, Tiffany answered at the third ring.

“Oh, Min~” Tiffany’s voice sounded like she really just woke up. “Sorry for the missed call. Just woke up.”

“Aniyo, it’s okay. Let’s have breakfast downstairs,” Mineul said.

“Where we ate dinner last night?” Tiffany rubbed her eyes.

“Neh, neh. Be there at around 30 minutes from now. And we’ll swim afterwards so bring everything you’ll need.”

Tiffany checked the time on her watch in the bedside table and replied, “Arasseo. See you there. Bye.” She hung up and looked at the other bed. It was empty and made up. “He must have gone ahead,” Tiffany shrugged and got up from bed.

She stretched and made her own bed afterwards. Tiffany sat on her bed, looked at the time and mumbled to herself, “Good thing, I still have time to take a shower.”

Tiffany stood up to get some clothes and headed straight for the bathroom. She turned the knob and walked straight in, closing the door behind her.

“AAAAHHHHH!!” Tiffany screamed as she quickly turned around with her one hand covering her eyes, the other hugging her things against her chest. “MIANHAE! THE DOOR WAS UNLOCKED! I THOUGHT YOU WERE DOWNSTAIRS!” She shook her head while trying to get rid of Donghae’s topless image in her mind.

Tiffany heard Donghae laugh. “You want to take a shower first?” he offered, wearing his top back again.

“A-Aniyo,” she quickly replied and headed outside. When she closed the door behind her, she leaned on it and put one hand on her chest. “Babo Tiffany!” she scolded herself.

At exactly 8:00AM, Leeteuk and Mineul were already in the dining hall, waiting for the other two.

“Hyung! Mineul-ah!”

The couple turned to who was calling their names.

“Good morning, Donghae oppa,” Mineul bowed with her head as Donghae took his seat and put his things on the floor beside him.

“Oh, Donghae. Where’s your roommate?” Leeteuk asked.

“She’ll be here in a short while, she wanted me to go ahead,” Donghae scratched the back of his head and tuned to Mineul. “That friend of yours is so funny,” he laughed.

“Oh? What happened?” Mineul asked.

“Well, last night..” Donghae started telling them the stories of what happened between him and Tiffany last night and earlier today—the accidental confession and the bathroom incident. He just didn’t tell Leeteuk and Mineul about how he replied to Tiffany last night.

“So now you know,” Mineul sat back with a smile. “Tiffany can be cute and childish sometimes. You’re lucky she likes you.”

Donghae laughed.

“So she saw you half-?!” Leeteuk blurted.

Donghae laughed louder and this time, Mineul laughed with him.

“Well, you can say that,” Donghae said. “Anyway, what’s taking her so long?”

“Why? Are you concerned?” Leeteuk wiggled his eyebrows.

“I think he is,” Mineul pointed and giggled.

“Aish! You two are so--”

“HEY, GUYS!” Donghae was interrupted by a sweet high-pitched voice approaching them. Tiffany.

Instantly, the three acted all innocent like they were not just talking about her just seconds ago.

Tiffany, whose hair was in a tight high ponytail, took her seat and like the other three, put her things on the floor.

“So, where’s the food?” she asked, smiling. “I’m starving,” she rolled her eyes with a smile.

“I’ll get mine and Mineul’s,” Leeteuk said and continued, “Donghae?”

“Neh, hyung?”

“Do you mind getting Tiffany’s food and yours?”

Tiffany looked at Donghae, waiting for his response.

“S-Sure,” Donghae stood up and followed his hyung.

Tiffany did not seem to notice this gesture and Mineul had to make a move.

“Soooooo~” Mineul started.

“What?” Tiffany looked at her weirdly.

“Any stories worth telling?”

Tiffany had to lie. She had to lie. “Uhm. Nope,” she avoided eye contact with Mineul and acted all busy with her phone.

“I know you’re lying,” Mineul laughed at her friend in her mind but just said, “Okaaaaaaay~”

 

 

 

 

 

P.S. THIS IS MY FIRST FANFIC SO BEAR WITH ME PLEASE! :)

 

*Please leave your comments & suggestions. I wanna receive some love from you, readers! No bashing please! Tell me what you want the story to be like. I receive polite criticisms, too!

 

 

 

 

NOTE THE SMALL CHANGES IN DONGHAE :)

4 MORE CHAPTERS BEFORE THE ENDING! Sorry! Mianhae! Forgive me, I know this chapter's kinda boring compared to the other chapters.. :(( Anyway, Leeteuk and Mineul are so persistent in trying to make Donghae and Tiffany fall for each other. JJANG! Everything is unusually more descriptive, right? Because this fanfic is almost ending, that's why. *sniff* Endless gratitude to you, readers & subscribers! ^.^