A not-so-Fairytale-ish Night

The Brain vs The Heart

-----MINEUL’S POV-----

Yay! Everything’s back to normal with Leeteuk-ah and Donghae oppa.

Oops! I take that back. Everything’s getting better especially with Donghae oppa. I still can’t believe that he invited me again to a night out. Life’s just so full of surprises.

 

From: Donghae Oppa

“Mineul-ah. I’m on my way to Han River. See you!”

 

We agreed to meet around Han River and I don’t know what to expect from oppa tonight. Would he be the cold and uninterested oppa? Or the happy oppa I liked a lot better?

“Oppa!” I ran towards him.

“Yah, yah, yah. You’re late and fans almost recognized me.”

“Mianhaeyooo~”

“Aigoo. Don’t use your aegyo on me.”

I slapped him in the arm, “that wasn’t my aegyo!”

“Ehh~ Really?”

“Yes! My aegyo would render you speechless,” I stuck my tongue out to him.

“So will my Ppuing Ppuing! HAHAH!”

“Whatever! Foolish oppa,” I laughed at him.

“Come, come. Let’s get something for dinner,” he started to walk towards his car.

“Neh!” I followed him.

So the fun and happy oppa it is. I’m so glad being with him like this. Inside his car as he was driving, I stole glances of him and seeing him driving (which was, by the way, sooo cool) made my heart flutter. Unfortunately, I quit doing so when he said, “What are you looking at?!” without looking at me.

“Nothing,” I blushed in my seat.

He laughed. “What do you want to eat, Mineul-ah?”

“I eat anything, oppa.”

“Really? Then I would love to do this often! Eating out with you.”

“Me, too. Especially when you always pay the bills.”

“Aigoo. I take that back!” He laughed again.

I would never figure out what made him change into this fun loving, easy-to-be-with, smiley oppa that’s in front of me here now. I wouldn’t want to know just as long he stays like this. With me. I really need to tell Tiffany about this! She would definitely squeal so loud and shake me ‘till I’m unconscious. I can almost see the expression in my friend’s face. Maybe, I would need to tell Leeteuk about my feelings for Donghae oppa sooner or later, also. A fantasy that’s coming true. A step closer to what I’ve always dreamt of. Kring kring.

“Are you not going to answer that?!” he asked me while we were still driving to somewhere for dinner.

“What?”

Donghae oppa pointed to my cellphone that was ringing. I quickly answered it, “Yeoboseyo?”

“Yah. Mineul-ah, why didn’t you tell me about you and your Donghae oppa?” It was Tiffany.

“What do you mean?”

“I meant that I read an article on the Internet about a non-showbiz girl who was spotted twice with a Super Junior member.”

“Ehh?!”

Tiffany continued telling me about pictures that surfaced on the Internet. I guess I don’t have to tell her,  after all. She found out. Donghae oppa with me. Oh no, I wouldn’t wanna ruin oppa’s career for selfish reasons.

“Oppa..”

“Yes?”

“Jeongmal mianhae.”

“Why? What happened? Wae? Why are you apologizing?”

Kring kring. This time, it was his phone that was ringing.

“Noona! You called!”

Oppa’s face turned from being confused-slash-surprised to being shocked. Who was the noona he’s talking to?

“What?!” oppa exclaimed.

The other person on the line must have been explaining something because oppa just kept listening without saying anything. He was obviously surprised about what the caller told him. EOMO! Can it be that the caller had already told him about the articles?!

“Neh, noona. Bye.” He got off the phone.

“Who was that?”

“Mineul-ah, I’m sorry but I think I should take you home. It’s too risky for us to eat dinner out tonight.”

“Oppa, I’m really sorry.”

“Don’t be. It was not purely your fault. I’ll take you to your dorm.”

So Donghae oppa found out about the articles also. He said he was too careless and I kept on apologizing. He told me that it was not my fault, he just wanted to have some time away from the lights, the camera and the Showbiz stuff but the articles proved it to be impossible. It was somehow a relief that I was not named by the articles but Tiffany said that anyone who knew me well, and had seen the article, would definitely recognize that it was me with Lee Donghae IN THE PHOTOS.

-----AUTHOR’S POV-----

So it was true. He was correct, Leeteuk thought to himself. The reason why Mineul was unusually happy was because she and Donghae had been frequently going out. Dating? He does not know.  Lee Hyori, the manager noona of Super Junior had called him and told him about the article. Hyori did not know who the girl was but the second Leetuk laid eyes on the pictures, he had recognized that it was Mineul. Everything that he saw just confirmed everything that’s been boggling his mind ever since he last talked to Mineul. 

 

 

 

 

 

P.S. THIS IS MY FIRST FANFIC SO BEAR WITH ME PLEASE! :)

 

*Please leave your comments & suggestions. I wanna receive some love from you, readers! No bashing please! Tell me what you want the story to be like. I receive polite criticisms, too!

 

Preview for the next chapter:

                So what was the fight about? Why did Mineul have this gut feeling that she has to know all about it? What was the whole truth that Leeteuk had planned (but failed to do) to tell his best friend about? Why was Lee Donghae acting differently nowadays?

 

 

THE PROMISING CHAPTER 13 IS UP NEXT! :)

Too bad for Mineul, her second 'date' with her Donghae oppa did not push through.. They had their moments, though..  :) Who was the 'noona'? Whadya think, guys? GAHH! So many questions!! :) *FEEDBACK PLEASE* btw, did you notice the typos on my character chart?? i hope BlingBlingDiva could do something about it.. BUT IT'S SOOOO PRETTY, right? (and so is my poster..) \m/