Park Jieun Pt. 6

Seven Makes One

 

After such an intense beginning to the night for the girls they all decided with Goeun’s permission to spend the rest of the night at her house. Despite Jieun’s claim that her parents will never care about her, they tasked Hyun-woo to take Jieun and her friends to Goeun’s home to make sure she arrived safely. They rode in silence for a bit with Jieun seated between Yuki and Eunseong. After some time Eunseong breaks the silence.

 

“So…Jieun unnie…how are you feeling?” She asks as softly as possible hoping it won’t upset her too much.

 

“I’m not sure honestly. On one hand I feel a load off my shoulders. On the other hand, part of me is thinking if I made a mistake standing up to them.” She stated with confusion and slight sadness in her voice.

 

On the other side Swan piped up in an attempt to wash away Jieun’s doubts.

 

“Ya Jieun unnie don’t beat yourself up about it. They had it coming. It was only a matter of a time before you blew up on them about how they treated you.” Despite her best efforts it seemed to have no effect on Jieun.

 

Then both Ireh and Chaein tried.

 

“Jieun unnie I know it was hard and I know deep down you probably think they never will care about you…” started off Chaein.

 

“But from what we can tell they do care, they just don’t know how to show it. I mean they seemed to have a massive change of heart after you stood up to them.” Ireh continued.

 

While it seemed to work, Eunseong then pitched in her thoughts.

 

“Them not knowing how to show they care is no excuse for how they’ve treated her for the past 18 years. Jieun unnie’s parents have ed up and shouldn’t be forgiven so easily.” Her voice remains level but there's a hint of bitterness and resentment in her tone.

 

They all look at Eunseong slightly confused as to why she feels so strongly about the situation.

 

“Eunseong? Are you ok? I’ve never seen you this tense before even during the moment you were tearing into Jieun unnie’s parents.” Goeun asks with concern.

 

Eunseong quickly realizes she’s let her emotions spill out too much for comfort and quickly brushes it off.

 

“I’m fine. I just hate seeing Jieun unnie in pain over something she shouldn’t be blaming herself for.”

 

“Right, ok. Anyways Jieun unnie the choice is yours. You can forgive them or you can continue to hate them. Whatever you choose, we'll support you.” Goeun reassures her with a small smile and a quick hug.

 

“Thank you everyone. I think I have a middle ground now as you all brought up good points. I won’t forgive them. At least not yet. But I will give them a chance to redeem themselves per say. If they do truly care then they have to prove it and I’ll give them that chance.” Jieun states with confidence as she starts feeling better about her future moving forward.

 

“That seems reasonable to me. Eunseong…what do you think?” Goeun asks her gently with a hint of curiosity. She still looks at her expectedly.

 

“...I think it's fair…but I want you to promise one thing Jieun unnie.” Eunseong states with an uncanny seriousness in her voice.

 

“What is it you want me to promise?” Jieun asks, slightly confused.

 

“Promise me that the moment your parents up again…you won’t give them anymore chances.” Her voice is cold and yet it has an underlying tone of protection and concern. Despite her straight face her eyes betray her emotions as worry fills them to the brim.

 

Jieun in all her life has never experienced what a friendship was like with friends who truly cared for one another was like. At the tone of Eunseong’d voice and the look in her eyes she knew for certain these girls would do anything and everything for her. Secretly she made an unspoken promise to herself. She promised to herself that for them she would do whatever it took to protect them and would show them the same love and support they’ve shown her.

 

“Alright Eunseong. I promise if they make one more mistake, no matter how big or small, they will not get another chance.” Jieun says with tears stinging in the corner of her eyes at the subtle love Eunseong shows towards her and the girls.

 

After this the ride to Goeun’s home remained silent. However it was a peaceful and comfortable silence.

 

Once they arrived at Goeun’s home they collectively decided to watch a couple movies and agreed to turn what was supposed to be a hangout into a sleep over. Lucky for the girls Goeun’s mother was always prepared for anything and had sleeping bags that could be used. The girls made some popcorn and started watching their movies.

 

Midway through the first movie Yuki made a mistake.

 

“Chaein can I have some popcorn please?” Yuki asks normally.

 

The last thing Yuki expected was to get an ear full from Seoyoung and Chaeyoung from calling Chaeyoung Chaein.

 

“What did you just say?” Chaeyoung asked with slight anger in her voice.

 

“I just asked for some popcorn…did I say something wrong?” Yuki asked, fully confused.

 

“You just called me Chaein right? No one in this world is allowed to call me Chaein except for Seoyoung and no one can call her Ireh except for me.” She states with venom in her voice.

 

“That's right no one else is allowed to use those nicknames for us. Only Chaeyoung and I can use them. Understand?” Seoyoung says with an icy glare.

 

Yuki didn’t realize how scary Seoyoung could be despite her squirrel-like cheeks making her adorable.

 

“Ok ok I’m sorry I didn’t know. I won't call you guys by those nicknames anymore.” Yuki says with terror hidden in her eyes. Beside Yuki, Sujin asks why no one else can use the nicknames.

 

Seoyoung sighs before speaking again.

 

“Look I’m sorry we didn’t mean to snap at you Yuki. It’s just…the nicknames are special to us. We…chose them for each other…when we had no else but eachother.” She explains before Goeun chims in.

 

“If that's the case then we won’t use them unless you guys specifically say we can.”

 

The night went on until the girls were in their sleeping bags aside from Goeunn who was on her bed. Before they all fell asleep Eunseongs voice piped up from the darkness.

 

“Guys…can I ask you for a favor?” She asks quietly, her voice sounding small and shy. Much different from the more mature tone combined with her typical tired demeanor.

 

“What is it unnie?” Yuki asks her.

 

“Is…is it possible instead of calling me Eunseong…you can call me Dosie?” She asks, unsure of herself.

 

“Is there a reason why?” Jieun asks her, curiosity filling her voice.

 

“I just like the sound of it. Plus…I like the idea of having a nickname only people close to me can use.” She states, sounding a little more confident now.

 

“Of course Dosie unnie.” Swan says with the new nickname making Eunseong feel warm and happy on the inside.

 

“Thank you.” She replies before finally going to bed. The events of the day replaying in her mind, filling her with joy that she hasn’t felt in a very long time.

 

Meanwhile somewhere in Seoul someone is packing her things into a suitcase. She fill’s it with enough supplies to be gone for a couple weeks. Before she walks out the door she picks up a small picture frame and looks at it. In the photo is a much younger version of Eunseong with someone else around her age. In the photo both the young girls are laughing with smiles on their faces. She speaks to herself softly before replacing the picture on the counter she grabbed it from and walking about the door.

 

“See you soon, Eunseong.”

 

Hello readers of our Seven Makes One fanfic. For those of you that don’t know this fanfic is being written by multiple people. I, the author of this chapter, specifically want to apologize for the long delay of this chapter. I got a massive influx of work both with home/school and also at work that I had very little time to write. We’re all doing our best to consistently upload chapters and will continue to do so. Thank you for patiently waiting for our uploads and we hope you continue to read our fanfic till the very end.

 

:3

 

-Author 2