Shopping District (Pt 2)

Seven Makes One

Goeun leaves the small office supply store with a cheeky grin on her face,

“ers, they didn’t even bother with price matching, rookie mistake” she snickers and pulls out her spoils from the plastic bag,

“Hello, beautiful” she sings as she stares in awe at her new label maker. She saved a whopping one thousand won compared to online, successfully evading the evil scam of online retail.

“I can’t wait to use this little baby on all my dividers.”

She carefully places the item back and pulls out her shopping list

“And that is…well would you look at that Eomma, all finished.” Goeun scoffs in triumph, but frowns upon an item that hasn’t been crossed out.

A backpack?

“Ah right,” Goeun realizes, remembering her old backpack’s demise. She brought in four full-size textbooks that day to class despite the heavy rainstorm, but the moment she arrived, the loudspeaker announced that school was canceled students were allowed to go home.

Goeun sighs remembering her mother scolding her for walking when it was clearly going to rain that day, and her backpack was soaked not to mention most of her textbooks now were falling apart from water damage. Goeun spent the entire night washing and drying her backpack until it looked brand new, but sadly it still had a tear near the bottom corner. The corner where it eventually teared completely and left poor Goeun in the middle of a crosswalk picking up all her textbooks and growling at any strangers that dared to pick up what was hers.

She walked around the shopping district, taking in all of the sights and sounds of fellow students scrambling to find the best bargains, and some forced to throw out money for items that they know for sure they'll never use. That's when Goeun found herself in front of a small office supply store, where she happened to see homemade backpacks hung up on the store window.

The first one caught her eye, it was purple with a large flap and belts and a cute little cat design on the side. It was the perfect size for Goeun, who was constantly lugging around books everywhere she went.

"It's so adorable!" Goeun squeals with joy and runs over to the backpacks. She inspects each one, noticing the quality of the materials used and the stitching.

"Wow, these are made by hand!" she smirks to herself and decides to go inside the store. She carefully opens the door and looks around the store, examining each backpack in awe,

"Oh look at that little kitty in purple," she squeals in delight. Goeun goes up to one of the shop workers, and peers at the backpacks carefully.

"Hello there!" the store owner smiles at her, "Are you interested in any of our backpacks?"

"Ah yes, what about this one?" she asks and grabs onto the purple backpack, "How much is this?"

"Only thirty thousand won if you pay cash, or thirty-five thousand if you use credit," the man responds cheerfully.

“I’ll look around a bit and I’ll get right back at you.” Goeun grins

________________________________________

Ireh groans as she slumps on the bech, "Chae *burp* in. Why did we order five order of tteokbokki?"

Chaein who is rubbing her stomach also groans, "Seungwan-ssi was so nice to give us extras."

"We should have just ordered a lot more then," Ireh smirks.

"Yah!" Chaein weakly swings at Ireh, "don't take advantage of Seungwan-ssi's kindness"

Ireh laughs and puts her hands up in surrender, "Don't worry I'll be satisfied for the next two hours."

"You're such a glutton," Chaein groans.

Ireh laughs and pulls out her phone, "Chaein..."

"What?" Chaein responds in a food-coma like state

"We still need to buy backpacks..." Ireh mutters, "And everything else on the list."

"Ah yeah...damn, am I even gonna be able to get up?" she whines in response.

Ireh laughs, "C'mon we can walk around to burn off the tteokbokki" she says as she gets up from the bench

Chaein huffs, "Fine..." but spends as much time dramatically getting up from the bench with passerby's staring at her. She then follows after Ireh, who is already walking away.

"Hey! Where are you going?"

Ireh points at an office supply store, "Look, look! We can buy backpacks and our stuff there."

Chaein furrows her brows at the boring looking store, "Nah."

"Wanna try somewhere else?" Ireh asks.

"Yeah." Chaein nods and walks off towards another store. Ireh sighs and follows after her,

After a bit of walking around aimlessly they encounter a small, cutely decorated office store, and decide to check it out. They enter the store and look around.

"Ah! Ireh! Ireh!" Chaein calls for her best friend. Ireh turns around and sees her,

"Is that...?" she whispers to herself in awe as she takes in the sight of the backpacks.

"They're soooo cute!!!" Chaein squeals, "I want one!"

"Me too!" Ireh agrees.

"Well, well, well, look who wants a new backpack now," Chaein giggles. "See why I didn't choose that crumby looking store earlier?"

Ireh laughs, "You're hilarious, you know that?"

"Why thank you." Chaein grins and gives herself a pat on the back.

"Alright alright, let's go! We'll buy them both!" they get in line behind a purple-dyed hair girl.

________________________________________

Dosie wanders around the shopping district with nothing in mind. Truth she already had plenty of school supplies at home, she just felt like she needed to get out of the house

Dosie comes around a particular small supply store and looks through the windows, "Ah that one's so pretty..." she grins at blue backpack with a yellow zipper and a white shark design on the back. She enters the store and looks through the different backpacks,

"Excuse me are you shopping for backpacks?" a shop owner asks with a pleasant smile, "If it isn't you, how about if I help you pick out one?"

Dosie smiles gently, "Actually I was thinking of that one," she points to the backpack she looked at earlier, "The one with a white shark design on it."

"Sure!" the shop owner grabs a nearby hook and lifts the backpack setting it down gently onto Dosie's arms. "Are you a student?"

Dosie nods shyly, "Yes...I'm a 3rd year now. You must think I'm childish picking such a backpack..." she looks down at the backpack.

"No, no, no. I think it suits you!" The shop owner laughs and pats her on the back, "You like sharks?"

"Yeah..." Dosie nods.

"Ah great, so do I! That's why its perfect!" the shop owner exclaims.

"Oh...it is." Dosie smiles and tilts her head.

The shop owner gestures towards the line, "Are any of them your friends?"

Dosie squints at the group, "No. I don't really have any friends at school, really.

"Well you can always start." the shop owner smiles, "Go ahead and wait in line."

Dosie smiles at her and runs off to join the line.

________________________________________

"Hey, owner-nim," Yuki whistles to the front desk, "Do you got any gym bags or of the sorts?"

"Gym bags..." the woman at the front desk pokes her head out from behind the counter, "I believe we have some in the back."

She calls over to a worker that was hanging up coin pouches, "Seulgi-ssi do you mind assisting our customer with the gym bags?"

"Not a problem!" Seulgi salutes playfully and gestures to Yuki, "Please follow me, miss." she bows politely to Yuki.

"Thank you!" Yuki smiles and follows Seulgi who leads her to the storage area in the back. There are a ton of purses, bags, and pieces of clothing in the storage room, as well as an old man who was walking around with a clipboard on hand.

"Ah! Seulsi!" the man smiles warmly but it earned a pout from Seulgi

"Sajon-ssi, it's Seulgi!" she grumbles in faux annoyance, and it leads to them both chuckling, "Anyways our customer here is looking for gym bags."

The old man nods, "Oh? Are you a first year student?"

"Second!" Yuki jutts out her chin proudly, "And ace of the baseball team"

"Oh!" Seulgi looks at her in surprise, "You play baseball?"

Yuki grins widely, "My passion."

and she turns to face the shop owner, "Say owner-nim, you got any designs on those gym bags?'

"Hm? Sure thing miss." the owner grins and brings down a large box with the help of Seulgi, "Take your pick!" she reads the labels on the boxes, "These are just temporary designs, but they should suit your taste!"

All of the bags have different designs from simple to wavy to sleek, vibrant designs and even some cute animal designs,

Do you like animal designs?" the shop owner asks seeing Yuki stare at them

"Do you got one with a fox?" Yuki asks the shop owner.

"Of course!" the shop owner smiles warmly and pulls out a beautiful bag with a bright yellow zipper and black lining, A fox head stitching tightly woven on the sides

"Oh wow!" Yuki gasps in awe, "That's hella nice."

"It sure is." the shop owner nods, "And its on 30% off just for you"

"Whoa..." Yuki blinks in surprise, "You're giving me an exclusive discount?"

"I'm giving you an 'ace' discount." the owner chuckles, and Yuki bites her lip in amusement.

"Wow!" Yuki gasps, "Thank you so much!" she gasps and hugs the owner tightly.

"Don't worry about it." the owner smiles, "Seulgi, ring her up at the front, please." he requests and Seulgi nods and bows.

Sujin nods firmly when she makes her final decision

A black and white backpack with a penguin plush hanging on the side.

"This is so cute!" she squeezes gently miniature plush before getting a tap on her shoulder

"Excuse me?" Swan turns around to see an extravagant looking girl with a man on her side smiling at her gently

"Is this the store where to buy backpacks?" she asks curious

"It is." Sujin replies politely, "I picked this one because it has an animal on it." she shows off her penguin themed backpack and the girl's eyes widen in awe.

"Is that a special design?" the girl asks curiously

Sujin chuckles, "I think they only make several of these per year so yes, all of them are special."

The girl raises her brows, "Is there one with a dog on it?"

Sujin ruffles through the arranged hung up backpacks until she catches one

"Do you like Shiba Inus?"

Jieun's eyes widen, "MORE THAN ANYTHING!"

"I know right?!" Sujin giggles happily, "Then this one should be for you." she declares and hands over the backpack to Jieun

"Thank you, thank you!" Jieun bounces happily in place

"Jieun-nim, you shouldn't make a scene." the man next to her says

"Oh." Jieun's face quickly turns red before she clears

"Thank you for your assistance." she bows deeply and Sujin bows back,

"Of course." before smiling watching the two walk to the counter

Hyun-woo finds himself impressed at how well Jieun was conversing with a total stranger.

"Nice job, Jieun-ni- Jieun-nim?" he asks concerned that the blush on Jieun's face is still there

"Is there something wrong?"

Jieun tightly grips onto the backpack, "Her name..." she mutters

Hyun-woo leaned in closer, "Huh?"

"I forgot to ask her her name!" Jieun whines, and Hyun-woo could only do his best trying to manage a high school girl throwing a miniature tantrum in a backpack store