Park Jieun Pt. 2

Seven Makes One

Hello avid readers of this fanfic, we apologize for the delay of this chapter. We are working hard to upload on a consistent basis so please be patient with us and enjoy our work! Thank you! ❤️


New day, new round of detention.

A heavy sigh escaped Jieun's mouth but quickly got overshadowed by the cheery first year, already sitting in the seat next to her’s and a smile on her face.

 

She gave a quick nod to the rest of the classroom as well, it still felt awkward but Jieun felt reassured by them. She didn’t know them that well but most of them got detention for no real reason at all so they snickered about it like some inside joke. The detention squad was formed because of it.

 

The bell rang just in time when Solar stepped in the classroom and clapped her hands together. “Okay everyone, i know some of you are a delight to have in class but it's officially time for detention” 

Several groans are heard through the classroom

“Remember, no noise, just sit quietly and do your homework, the more you cooperate the faster we can get this over with. Trust me, i don't like doing this either” Solar sits at her desk in the front and gets busy with her own work
 

 

“Psst Chaein, what do you have for question 3 on the english worksheet”

“I put C, why? We just learned this today tsk tsk” Chaein teased

“Don't underestimate my knowledge, i was just making sure”

“Besides, who else will help you with your biology huh” Ireh continued

Chaein playfully hit her, causing Ireh to let out a small shriek and having Solar look up to see what the fuss was about. She hushed them and went back to her work.

 

Jieun hated sitting behind them, they were always so noisy and seemed so inseparable. She always liked the peacefulness and quiet until those two open their mouths again. Does that make her a bad person?

 

She wonders.

 

A bond like that is something she has desired deep down in her heart, seeing them like that revealed some previously unknown jealousy in her that she didn't know she had. Emotions won't get you anywhere in life so she shakes her head and resumes her work, desperately trying to drown out the sound of the hushed and giggling voices in front of her

 

She got snapped back to reality after hearing the bell ring and an unfamiliar face stood in front of her

“Hey, are you okay? I don't think we’ve properly talked before, but you've been looking absent for the past hour” Her purple hair illuminated by the classroom lights made her look so bright and soft, like an angel.

 

“Yeah, I'm okay. I was just really focused on my work you know” She chuckled awkwardly  “You’re in the 3rd year too right? I think you’ll understand” 

Goeun stared at her for a bit before responding “That’s right! I think we might have shared some classes together previous years” She added hurryingly “Ah but don't worry, i didn't always have this purple hair so i understand if you didn't recognise me, we didn’t speak much after all, sorry” 

 

“Oh i see… it's okay” Jieun appreciated the conversation but wasn't sure why someone like that would want to talk to her. The only way to be truly safe was to shut everyone out anyways, but the girl seemed to be very softhearted so Jieun couldn’t help but be intrigued by her. Could this be a spark of hope that there are good people after all?

 

What they didn’t know is that the two of them were not the only ones left behind after. Behind the walls close to the door was a shy, short-haired and blonde girl clutching her bag while listening to their conversation. She didn’t know why, but she seemed to sense some sort of resemblance to Jieun. If only she wasn’t such a coward, she could’ve made friends with her instead of Goeun. She admired her for her ability to make friends with everyone quite easy. She heard footsteps approached and ran away from the classroom.

 

Goeun was standing in the doorway, ready to leave after they finished their conversation and Jieun was packing her bags.

“Hey”

Jieun looked up “what is it?”

“Let’s study together some time, i think it will be good” Goeun said as she walked away, leaving Jieun staring at an empty doorway. The girl didn't leave any time for Jieun to reject the offer.