One Thousand Years

One Thousand Years
Please log in to read the full chapter

Time stands still

Beauty in all she is

 

Yongsun nervously fiddled at the back of the school yard, standing on one leg to another. The prom was about to start and her prommate was nowhere to be found. Gasping sound made her look up from the ground, and fell agape at the sight. 

"W-what the-? B-Byulyi? Why are you here? I saw your partner earlier, you should be there with her by now. H-"

"Hajoon? For some reason he suddenly wanted to dance with her and and asked me to be in his place, so here I am." Byulyi shrugged nonchalantly, but conceded under her best friend's incredulous gaze. "Fine, fine, maybe I have or have not begged him to switch pairs, but he actually likes my prommate so isn't it hitting two birds with one stone?"

Yongsun could only roll her eyes. For one, she didn't know how to react at her friend's lame excuse. For another, she could care less about that. The fact that her best friend, her most important person was going to dance with her in the graduation prom already made her an emotional mess. And the black suit just didn't help either.

Byulyi chuckled at how her friend just straight out drooled over her appearance. "You don't like it?" She raised her eyebrows, teasing her reaction. 

"IT'S NOT LIKE THAT!" Yongsun replied a little too loudly, gaining multiple looks from other people. Her cheeks burned, not sure because of embarassment or amazement. "I like it. You look good today."

"I'm happy you like it." Byulyi grinned as she reached out to hold her hand and pulled her to where they should be standing, trying hard not to think about how their hands fit perfectly together. The song to which the students had practiced started to play on the school speaker. "Let's go, it's starting."

***

I will be brave

I will not let anything take away

What's standing in front of me

Every breath

Every hour has come to this

 

"May the brides have their first dance together."

 

Everyone spread out and created a circlular space in the middle of the hall, leaving the spotlight to the newlyweds. The chandelier's blinding light was reflected on their wedding rings' diamonds. The familiar piano intro started playing and they began to walk towards each other with a smile.

 

One step closer

 

Yongsun's heart pounded loudly in her ears as she was closer to Byulyi with each step. She silently thanked their days apart, the challenges that helped strengthen their bond and led them to today, opening a new chapter together. And despite how much time had passed, Yongsun felt the same excitement and happiness everytime her lover was in her sight.

"Kim Yongsun," the latter politely bowed. "may I have the pleasure to dance with you?"

"It'd be my honor too," she returned her smile, and accepted Byulyi's hand. 

***

"There's not much space here."

"Well this is all we can get. Not to mention our school's small, our grade has lots of students too."

"Okay now stop talking, I need to hear the music."

"You're the one that spoke first though?! Aish, you almost stepped on my dress!"

In spite of the constant banter between the couple, Yongsun and Byulyi still managed to move in rhythm with the song, as if they had practiced this many times. (And they did. No one had to know just how many afternoons were spent together immersing in th

Please log in to read the full chapter