An Uninvited Guest

Heirs of Magic: The Heir of Blood and Spells
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The couple took Wheein to a guest room and set her down on the bed, both noticing how pale and gaunt the young girl was.

Yong sighed and shook her head in worry as she looked at Wheein's thin body on the bed. The young intruder was pale, her clothes dirty and torn in some places and even as she slept, the crease on her eyebrows stayed, as if she was eternally worried about something.

"We should let her rest, babe. Come on." Byul says as she stood by the door, waiting for Yong to leave the room with her.

Yong nods at her and they leave, closing the door gently behind them.

Yong went to the living room to check on their dogs who were peacefully sleeping and Byul goes back to the kitchen, looking for clues on how Wheein was able to get past the protection spells she put on the whole house.

No one was supposed to find them let alone get inside their house so easily, especially not someone from the magical realm.

She went around the kitchen, checking the wards, looking for a broken window or door or maybe a broken spell. But she found nothing.

"What's wrong, babe?" Yong asks as she enters the kitchen, carrying their new puppy, Keongang and then taking a seat at the kitchen table.

Byul shook her head and replied, "Nothing's wrong, except for the fact that someone broke into our house and didn't even dent any of the protection spells I have on here. Not a single door or window was broken and not one spell out of place. It's like she just fell from the sky and landed inside our kitchen."

"Or maybe someone dropped her off here? Someone who knows how to use portals..." Yong suggested but Byul shook her head again.

"I don't think anyone would be able to easily create a portal inside a protected house, it's way too dangerous," she replied and sat down on a chair, opposite Yong and ruffled the ears of the little corgi in Yong's arm.

"Not even Maur?" Yong asks, an eyebrow raised.

Byul looked up and sighed, "Maur may be able to do it," she admitted, but quickly follows it up, "But why would he? And we don't even know if he's still alive. The last I heard, he went missing after the demons started rampaging through the magical realm."

They sat in silence, mulling over the event and wondering how and why Wheein showed up inside their house after all these years.

After a few minutes of quiet contemplation, Yong finally speaks up, "Someone out there is hunting for us."

Byul nods slowly, "Yeah, I know. And Wheein might be the bait."

Yong gently put the puppy down on the floor, "I don't like being hunted." she said in a soft voice and Byul understood exactly what her wife was trying to say.

She knew, they both knew that they couldn't hide forever. A war was happening in the magical realm, a war that Byul started and she had always known that people were gonna be looking for her.

With a sigh, she stood up slowly and walked out of the kitchen, "I'll talk to the children."

Wheein looked around her surroundings and got confused.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter