Chapter Two: Dahyun Time

Twice Fever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

     I had my arms outstretched to the crowd basking in the view of thousands of candy bong z’s set to all the members' colors. We had just finished the first set of the concert when probably the most shocking yet surprising thing happened to me. It was a night I shall never forget and one I shall always hold most dearest to me. 

 

      “Du Du Du Du Du” I heard the crowd start to chant, they always did that when they saw me they did it in the last concerts in February in LA and it lasted the entire tour so I guess it's going to continue. I danced along to it before begging for my part. “ Are you having fun?” I asked hearing ONCE’s scream back yes at me “There’s something that we always do to enjoy the concert and I need your voice and your energy.” I said lifting my arms up, shaking them slightly. “This is Dahyun Time!” I said as I drew a heart around my face. “I love this time,” I said, continuing. “Please follow me okay?” I heard them scream back yes “Ahh ahh” I tested to see if they really would and to no surprise I heard it back. “Ahh ahh” I said one more time before my mic made a sound “Mic okay?” I said and to my surprise ONCE told me “YES” I chuckled at that. “Mic Check?” I said and I heard them reply with a loud “MIC CHECK '' back. “ 1,2,1,2” I said next and that's exactly what I heard back. “Oh wow amazing yes, I say ONCE you say Twice” I said as I pointed out at the crowd. “ONCE” I said and then pointed out hearing a loud “TWICE” in return. I smiled wider before saying “One more time! ONCE” I pointed back out hearing a loud “TWICE” in return. To be funny I went on to say “I say Da you say Hyun!” I pointed to myself yelling “Da!” and hearing a loud “HYUN” back. I repeated it again laughing as I continued. “I say We Love you say, Dahyun.” I pointed to myself yelling “We Love!” and hearing the loudest “DAHYUN” I think I've heard all night. I chuckled lightly hearing Jihyo ask “Dahyun can’t you do one for us too?” I continued with my set telling ONCE’s “Today is the last concert so I want to do everything I want too.” I said, hearing the cheers. However I heard the chant “Du Du Du DU” again so I paused for a moment. “But uh you say du du du du whats that?” I said as if on cue they all started chanting again. “My nickname is Dubu, Dubu is tofu, my skin is very soft, so my nickname is tofu in Korean.” I said grabbing at my arm laughing at myself ever so slightly. “So shorten it du du du du?” I said and all I could hear was the crowd respond with a loud “Du Du Du Du Du” I can’t help but find it all so amusing.


 

    I was when the chats died down when I heard the unmistakable beginnings of “Happy Birthday to you” I was shocked  I had to lean in to make sure I was hearing correctly. “Their singing happy birthday to you” I heard Nayeon say but I was too shocked to really say anything. I could only look around at the crowd and hug myself slightly. “Should we start over and do it properly?” Jihyo said to the crowd and they erupted into loud screams, I was still too shocked to do anything but stand there. Nayeon started the count “1,2,3 go!” and ONCE started singing “ Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Dahyun, happy birthday to you!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter