Chapter One: To Love A Hitman

Twice Fever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo: The best of the very best. Do you need someone killed? She’s who you call. Need it done in public? She can do it. Need it done in private? She can do that too. Need it to look like it was an accident? Mastermind. She had gotten so good it was almost frightening and to the normal person it would have been but good thing for Dahyun she wasn’t of the normal category. She just like Momo was a hitman, not nearly as good as Momo but could hold her own ground. 

 

The day it happened was just like any other day when they weren’t out for a hit. They were lounging out in their apartment in Seoul with their two dogs Boo and Dooby when there was a knock on the door. Expecting it to be a contract for one of them, they were quite shocked to open the door to find Jihyo their boss. “May I come in?” was all she said. “Of course” Momo moved aside as she was the one to answer the door. Jihyo walked in and greeted the two dogs as they ran around her ankles. “Hello Dahyun,” she said. Dahyun waved to her, surprised to see her here. “May we ask what brings you today?” Momo said sitting back by Dahyun looking at Jihyo questionably. “Well nothing good I’m afraid, rather something I was hoping would never happen.” I made both Dahyun and Momo sit up straight. “What are you talking about Jihyo?” Dahyun asked. She didn’t answer, she simply handed Dahyun a big vanilla envelope, one of the ones that had the details of a hit. It was only when she opened it did she finally understand why it was Jihyo who brought it instead of the normal delivery boy. 


 

HIT NOTICE: HIRAI MOMO

 

NATIONALITY: JAPANESE

 

AGE: 26

 

DOB: NOVEMBER 9, 1996

 

HEIGHT: 5’4” (164.5 CM)

 

OCCUPATION: HITMAN

 

CURRENT RESIDENCE: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA

 

PAY OUT: DISCUSSED AFTER PROOF OF DEATH


 

“I’m so sorry guys, there’s nothing I can do to stop this from going out. However there’s a catch to this” Jihyo said, confusing both. “Read the very bottom, Dahyun.” she said pointing. There it was bright as day. Whoever this was, was one curle bastard if they knew the two were together. 


 

HITMAN PICK: KIM DAHYUN



 

    Dahyun dropped the papers standing fast enough to make her dizzy. “No no you…you can’t Jihyo no!” She said walking towards the woman Jihyo grabbed her by the arms. “Listen to me Dahyun, listen!” She yelled. “It wasn’t me who picked you! It was the person who sent this hit out, I’m not sure who it was as we were never told but I’m sorry there's nothing I can do I already tried!” She explained “ How could I kill the woman I love, Jihyo I-” She couldn’t even finish before Momo spoke up. “You won’t have to, at least not right now Dahyun” she said walking up to the younger woman. “I’ll go underground, you know I’m great at that” Jihyo shook her head, “Unfortunately you know she has to actively try and find you, plan anything at all” Momo turned her head away, running her hands through her hair. “Yeah I know but I’m gonna make sure she never finds me, not until I’m ready and I feel like she's ready.” Momo said with resolve. “Very well then, I’ll leave you alone then, I wish you the very best Momo.” With that Jihyo took her leave, walking out of the door and closing it behind her.


 

    Dahyun was the first to run into her arms breaking down in Momo’s grasp. “Look at me baby please” she said trying to meet the girl's eyes. It took some time but Dahyun finally looked her in the eye. “There’s my beautiful girlfriend, please don’t cry. I don't want the last image of you to be you crying” she said, hugging her tightly. “I’m gonna go on the run and I’ll leave you clues to where i've been” Momo said “Are you crazy! Then they will know where you are and then they would know I’m not truly trying how-” Momo cut her off “That's the thing my love, only you will know where these clues would lead too” she said in an attempt to calm her down. “I have to go now Dahyun but I want you to know that even if you have to kill me, know that I will love you till the very end.” Momo said, kissing her one last time before taking her phone out of her pocket, handing it to Dahyun and walking out of their apartment.





 

    As promised Momo did start leaving clues for Dahyun and as she said only she truly knew what connected them to her destination. She never told anyone, not even Jihyo. The first clue came four years later when she was walking down the street and a child walked up to her. “Excuse me ma’am” the little boy said “Yes how could I help you?” Dahyun asked, the little boy shaking his head. “No ma’am I’m only helping you” he said, taking a red ribbon out of his pocket and handing it to Dahyun. “I was told to give this to you” he said, handing it to her before walking away. It only took Dahyun a few seconds to figure out where this came from.




 

    I was very much late, not a great first impression Dahyun, now you're still out of a cover story for why you're here. I didn’t even think to order something from the cafe I just wanted out of here and to crawl into bed and worry about a cover story later. I opened the door only to get caught on the door by the red ribbon that was on the side of my dress. As it yanked I was smashed into someone else. “Ouch! Hey please watch whe- '' the lady stopped when she looked and saw Dahyun, seeming to be caught in a daze. “I’m sorry that's rude of me” she wiped her hands on her jacket. “Are you okay?” this mystery lady asked. “Yes I’m fine are you?” Dahyun said, moving away from the doorway. “Oh I’m fine, oh your dress!” Dahyun looked down to see a whole where the ribbon used to be. Momo quickly got rid of her jacket, wrapping it around Dahyun to cover her. “Now you're fine, but I have to go see you around.” The mystery woman waved to Dahyun. “What! Can I get your name? Also what about your jacket?” Dahyun asked. “Well, my name is Momo and as for the jacket? How about we meet here at the same time next week?” Dahyun slightly blushed at that but agreed. “I’ll see you next week Momo, also my name is Dahyun.” Momo smiled “Dahyun, I like that” and with that she walked away. 


 

Momo had been to what became their favorite cafe in Italy.




 

The next clue came three years later when Dahyun went to the local library, she was trying to buy herself time from the fact it had been three years and she still made “no progress” with finding Momo, the contractor growing irritated. In reality she was trying to find ways to get them both out of this contract. Jihyo had advised her to try and dig something but had given her a bunch of documents to go through

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter