I Nearly Lost Him. Pt.2

Black Magic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Days after that night flew fast. 

Mirae felt nothing at all, only tiredness. But there was her inner voice, which always reminded her to save her husband from that witch's claws. 

She was really tired and there was nothing she could do anymore. She can’t probably really kill Sunhee, tight? 

She begged Sehun to believe her, even showed him evidence, but his brain refused to believe anything. 

The shaman was right, those things make people lose control over their minds. Sehun would never do that, if he wasn’t manipulated with those things. 

In two days, she opened her shop again. 

Her old clients asked where she was. She couldn’t tell them truth, so she said she was out of city. 

Actually, to her surprise, Sehun started coming to their house, only to see Jihye, but only when she is not at home. 

Mostly her mom is staying with Jihye, when she is at work. Her mom told her, that she hasn’t told him even a word. Whenever he comes, she is just leaving them alone and let them play.  

Probably Sehun is avoiding Mirae and she doesn’t want to meet him for a while. 

For Mirae, it would be better for her mental health. 

She hasn’t met Sunhee either or she would have rip her into half. 

Mirae still can’t believe how blinded Sehun is. He can’t even think straight. If she didn’t ask him, he wouldn’t even come to see Jihye. 

And how could he not feel anything? Even after that kiss?  

Mirae felt like she left her heart there when she left his house. But there was this spark she could feel again after so long, but still couldn’t make Sehun to come back to her. 

She still spends her nights alone in her bad while crying till her tears dry. Because there is nothing that she can do. Only waiting. Because Mirae knows Sehun still loves her, even though he can’t see the truth. 

Sometimes she doubts about her own decision.  

Well, she is fighting for his cheater husband, but is he worth it? 

But then again, Sehun is father of her daughter and he isn't doing it intentionally. 

Mirae would give up on him, because of what he did, but she doesn't know what Sunhee gonna do to him. 

Only God know how frustrating those things are for her. 

When everything ends, she will move out of this house with Sehun and Jihye, because she hates this place now. This house has seen more tears than joy and she hate it. 

Hopefully they will find new home, where they can live happily.  

 

 

 

 

One month later... 

 

It's been one month after she last talked to Sehun. He still comes to see Jihye and goes back without meeting Mirae and it kills her. 

Her mother went back to Busan with Jihye, only for a week. Even though older female didn’t want to leave her daughter, but Mirae asked her to take Jihye there, because she wanted her little daughter to be far from this stressful environment, even if it’s only a few days. 

Mrs. Oh is constantly checking on her. Calling her sometimes coming to her house or shop. Her mother-in-law's gesture aways warms her heart. 

Mirae didn’t know it would take their divorce to make Her mother-in-law be kind to her. 

Mrs. Oh even called Sehun to tell him about Jihye being with her grandma, in Busan. 

So, that’s why Mirae was shocked, when she saw Sehun standing at the door of their house, after she come back from work. 

He was facing the door, but when he sensed her presence, he turned around and looked at her with sad eyes. 

,, Se-Sehun, what are you doing h-here?”, she asked and stepped forward. 

,, Mirae...”, he called with desperate voice, walked towards her and kneeled, both of his hands clutching onto hers. ,, I-I'm sorry, I’m so sorry Mirae, please forgive me please...” 

Mirae was too stunned to talk. Sehun pleading for forgiveness is the last thing she expected today. 

,, Sehun please stand up.”, she ben done to help him, But Sehun shook his head. 

,, No, I need to properly ask for my forgiveness, I know I-” 

,, Sehun, please stand up and go inside, we can talk there.”, this time Mirae pleaded, as she freed her hand from his grip, 

Sehun looked into her eyes, then stood up and dusted his legs. 

She went to unlock the door. She opened it and lead the way inside. 

Once Sehun was sitting on the sofa, she went to kitchen and brought him a glass of water. After placing it in front of Sehun, on the coffee table, she sat down on the armchair. 

Sehun looked nervous. He unexpectedly drank whole glass of water and placed empty glass on the table nosily. Then he sighed. 

Mirae observed all his movement, trying to understand what happened to him, what made him change his opinion. 

,, Mi-Mirae, I-I'm so sorry, really, I know I don’t deserve your forgiveness for what I did, but please, I was so wrong, I should have listened to you and mom-”, he desperately asked for forgiveness again. But Mirae stopped him. 

,, What happened?”, she asked with surprisingly calm voice. 

Sehun sighed once again, then gulped. 

,, You won’t believe what I saw today...”, he said with terrified voice. 

,, What did she cheated on you?”, Mirae snorted. 

Sehun shook his head. 

,, Wait let me talk. “, he straightened his back and cleared his throat. ,, I’ll start from the beginning. Umm... we have been having some problems in company for two weeks. Apparently, someone was stealing the money from financial department. Yesterday the CFO personally asked me information about Sunhee and-” 

,, I already told you don’t mention her name in front of me!”, Mirae gritted her teeth. 

Sehun nodded and raised hands in his defense. 

,, Okay, okay, the CFO asked me information about her.” he continued, ,, I was surprised, I didn't know why would he ask me about her. Then I heard she wasn’t at work and she wasn’t answering her phone. So, after I was done my work, I headed to her place, where she lives with her mother. I ring the bell for couple of times, but no one answered it. Then I went to the window to peek inside, but the lights were off, I couldn’t see anything. But there was something...”, his voice become lower, as he continued talking. 

,, Can you cut it short?”, Mirae asked impatiently as she rolled her eyes. 

,, No!”, Sehun snapped. ,, Let me talk. So, and then, I saw red spots on the pathway. And you know what it was?”, he asked with widened eyes, while Mirae mirrored his expression. 

,, Wh-What?” 

,, Blood, it was blood and I followed the trace and it led to the small door. I got scared, I thought something bad happened so I break in. When I walked inside, there was most disgusting smell, I nearly vomited.”, his face showed all expression, that made Mirae listen to him wholeheartedly. 

,, There were some strange things inside, some plants I’ve never seen in my entire life, old books, measuring glasses, flasks, like in the movies... and finally I saw huge white sac in the corner, which was dirty and red from blood, I assumed that was where the smell was coming from. I walked towards it and opened it-” 

,, Was it corpse?”, she asked with overly excited and intrigued voice, but Sehun shook his head. 

,, No, the sac was full of donkey’s heads...”, he exclaimed. 

,, I’ve told you so!”, Mirae yelled and covered with her palms, not expecting that reaction from herself. 

Sehun just nodded repeatedly. 

,, That's when I remembered what you told me, so I immediately napped the picture and left to come here.” 

,, Did you call the police?” 

,, No.” 

,, Why?” 

Sehun shrugged his shoulders. 

,, I don’t know. Should I call now? What are they doing to do?” 

,, I don’t know, probably arrest her for torturing animals or something like that?”, she said. ,, Let’s call tomorrow, it’s already late, you must be tired.”, she stand up. 

,, You are right and my company might already call for the other case.” 

He stand up to. 

,, By the way, what were you doing out till 9? You were never late.” 

Mira looked at him with raised eyebrow.  

,, I was at shop, I got new batch of flowers and I needed to arrange them.” 

Sehun nodded again and started walking towards door, but she stopped him. 

,, Y-You know, you can stay here, it’s already late and you seem to nervous to drive.” 

Sehun seemed surprised. 

,, Relly? Are you sure?”, he asked with shaking voice. 

Mirae shrugged her shoulders. 

,, Yeh, I mean this is your house too, you sure can stay here. Oh, and do you want dinner?” 

,, No, I was hungry before, but after the things I saw, I’m not sure I can look at food without vomiting.” 

,, Okay, it’s time to sleep...”, she mumbled and started walking towards the stairs as Sehun trailed behind her. 

,, What about you? Aren't you hungry?”, he asked. 

,, No, I already ate at work.” 

Sehun said nothing as he followed her towards their bedroom. Mirae opened the door and turned around. 

,, Where do you think you are going?”, she asked with eyebrow raised. 

,, To the room.”, he answered innocently. 

,, Do you think I’ll let you sleep on the same bad as me?” 

Sehun stared back at her with wide eyes as he reluctantly shook his head. 

,, Then go to the guest bedroom, but in the smaller one, my mom has her things in smaller.” 

Sehun pouted and nodded. 

,, Goodnight.”, she said and immediately shut the door not letting him say it back. 

,, Goodnight...”, he whispered, then chuckled and turned around to walk to the said room. 

 

 

 

 

It was 7 in the morning, when Mirae slammed the guest bedroom door open. 

,, Sehun!”, she called his name to wake him up. ,, Oh Sehun wake up!”, she called again but there was no response. 

Then she walked to the bed and smacked his arm earning groan from him. 

,, I said wake up!” she yelled. 

Sehun rubbed his arm and turned his body around. 

,, Good morning Mirae.”, he said with sleepy voice. 

,, We don’t have time, get up now, we have to go somewhere.”, she said and went to the window to open curtains. 

,, Where are we going Saturday morning.”, he said and sit up, his foot touching the floor. 

,, We need to meet shaman, she told me once you would realize everything, I need to take you to her.” 

Sehun nodded and stand up, heading towards bathroom only in his boxers. 

He was about to open the door, but he turned around and caught Mirae staring his body, it made him smirk internally. 

,, By the way, can you bring me some of my clothes that I left here?” 

,, No.”, she shook her head. 

,, But why?”, he frowned and leaned his body to the wall next to him. 

,, Because I already burn them.”, she said and quickly walked out of the door. 

,, Oh.”, he just nodded and went to the bathroom to freshen up. 

Meanwhile, Mirae changed her clothes and went downstairs. 

She took her phone to call her mother. She dialed her number and waited her mom to answer. 

,, Good morning mom, how are you doing?” 

,, Good morning you too sweetheart. We are doing fine, Jihye sis still asleep I had hard time making her sleep last night.” 

Mirae frowned. 

,, Why what happened?” 

,, Nothing dear she was just asking for you and Sehun, she missed both of you.” 

She bit her bottom lip and nodded. 

,, Mom, I actually called to tell you something.”, she sighed and sat down to armchair. ,, Sehun stayed here last night...” 

,, What? Really?” 

,, Yeah, he knows truth now, I’m taking him to shaman.” 

,, Right, hurry up then, she will have a lot of clients later and you will have to wait.” 

,, I know, I’m just waiting for him to come down...” Mirae said as she stared at her shoes. 

,, By the way, did you see any change? Is old Sehun back?”, her mother asked warily. 

Mirae sighed and leaned back. 

Did he change? 

Not much. She still can’t feel warmth in his eyes, softness in his smile. Hes face still look somehow unfamiliar to her and that makes her a little uncomfortable. And that's one of the reasons, why she didn’t let him stay in her room last night.  

She felt uncomfortable and she can’t let him slip off that easily. He has to be punished for making her cry for two months, even though he couldn’t control himself. 

,, Actually, I don’t see any change, he... he just doesn’t seem as lovestruck towards her as he was. 

Her mother hummed. 

,, That’s good. Oh, and we will come back next Thursday, I already booked train tickets.” 

,, Great, hopefully everything will be settled by then.”, she said and looked down her watch. They were going to be late, if he doesn’t come down in 5 minutes, then they will have to wait for hours. 

,, Okay then dear, wish you luck.” 

Mirae smiled at her mother’s words. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter