I Nearly Lost Him. Pt.1

Black Magic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

At the age of 30, Mirae is buried under the covers of her bed, bawling her eyes out, because her husband cheated on her... because her husband asked for divorce.  

And it’s her fault... everything happened because of her... her... Jung Sunhee is the reason why her family is broken now.  

Everything started three months ago. When Mirae went to her high school reunion party and brought Sehun along with her.  

They were enjoying the party when her old friend, Jung Sunhee appeared.  

She was really delighted to see her friend. Mirae introduced Sunhee to Sehun and she could swear she saw that glint in old friend’s eyes, but decided to ignore it.  

A week after that day Sehun come back home, telling he met Sunhee again. Apparently, she started working in the same company as him. Miera was really happy to hear the news and even decided to invite her old friend for dinner.  

And like that, Sunhee find the way into their life. She would hang out with her and Sehun often.  

At first everything okay, but then Sehun started coming back home late. He would barely pay her and their baby girl attention, he somehow become aggressive and started arguing with her over every little thing. And the worst nightmare, Mirae could ever expect was her husband not kissing her goodbye before leaving for work.  

She knew something was wrong. Something bad was happening, because this wasn’t her Sehun, the man she lived with for years. And she needed to find out what was wrong, before it was too late.  

And she find out, in the worst way possible.  

On her 30-th birthday, she caught Sehun and Sunhee making out each other desperately in the back yard of her house.  

And this moment she felt like she died, her soul left her body.  

Her knees buckled, but Mirae has always been strong person, so she stands straight, her chin up and stared at them furious face.  

When they felt her presence, immediately stopped and looked back at her with apologetic eyes.  

Sunhee even dared and told her she and Sehun were in love and Sehun already wanted divorce.  

She was angry, so angry that she could rip both of them in half.  

Sunhee left after five minutes and left the couple to talk.  

Sehun told her he was bored of their relationship and he needed someone new, who he already loved. He said the divorce papers were ready and would send her next day. He didn’t ask custody over the baby. And just like that he walked out.  

Mirae sat there on living room couch and stared their wedding picture on the small table, while hot tears were sliding down from her eyes.  

Next day Sehun come back and gave her divorce papers, while she gave him suitcase filled with his clothes. He said almost nothing, just went to their daughter’s room kissed her and said goodbye.  

 

 
 

 

 
 

Now it’s already been a week and she is still crying alone in her bed. All the thoughts running her brain.  

She couldn’t understand what happened, how they fall in love with each other in just three month and what happened, what made him break their seven years of marriage. How could he leave their baby, who is just 3 years old and is already asking her where his daddy went.  

When she couldn’t take anymore, she wiped her eyes and crawled out from blankets, took her phone to call her mom, who lives in Busan.  

The woman almost immediately answered.  

,, Mom?”, she asked with broken voice.  

,, What happened sweetheart? Is something wrong? You sound strange.”, her mom’s voice sounded worried, as always.  

,, Mom, can you come here? I mean, I know Busan is far, but I really need you right now.”, she started sobbing again.  

,, Ow, my darling, tell mom what happened.”  

,, Just... Sehun asked for divorce.”  

,, What? Is he out of his mind? What happened?”, she started screaming from the other end of line, making Mirae stop crying.  

,, I’ll tell you everything when you came here. Please mom, I need you.”, she said and threw covers off of herself.  

,, Okay darling, don’t cry, I’ll be there as soon as possible, I’ll come to Seoul as soon as possible, don’t worry.”  

,, Okay, I’m waiting for you.”  

She hang up and went to the bathroom to wash her face.  

When she was done, she walked out and made her way down stairs towards kitchen, but she was interrupted when the bell rung.  

She haltered her steps and turned around to walk to the door.  

She had no idea who would it be, because she was sure Sehun wouldn’t come back this soon, she looked through the peephole and saw her mother-in-law standing outside. Sadly, she was the last person Mirae wanted to see right now.  

Her mother-in-law wasn’t really fond of her. Mirae once heard, she wanted better daughter-in-law. She always complained about her food too.  

Now probably she come here to tell her how happy she is for her son and how good choice he made.  

But she was surprised, because as soon as she opened the door, she was pulled into bone crushing hug.  

,, Mirae, my beautiful daughter!”, she cried oud and pulled away. ,, I’m sorry my darling, I’m so sorry. I would kill him if he wasn’t my son.”, she said as she started brushing Mirae’s hair out of her face.  

Then grabbed her wrist and dragged her to living room.  

,, Come on, come on and tell me how are you doing.”  

Both women sat down on the couch.   

Mirae could say sincerity in her mother-in-law's eyes was strangest thing ever.  

,, I-I don’t know if I’m okay...”, she said with low voice. ,, By the way, would you like to drink something?”  

The older female looked at her with teary eyes and shook her head.  

,, No darling, I’m okay. Just, please remember I’m on your side.”, she said and squeezed younger’s palm.  

Mirae raised a brow.  

,, Are you really?”, she asked with doubt.  

,, Sure I’m, I hate my son because what he did to you. How could he... how could he broke this perfect family and you know what? I’m going to skin that alive as soon as I see her...”, she gritted her teeth.  

Thet words made her smile first time in a week.  

,, Darling, I love and you should know that. I know I’m always complaining about you, but you know I’m your mother-in-law and that’s my job.”  

After that they both sat there silently, neither of them said anything. But then Mirae burst into the tears again.  

The older female cooed and pulled her into the hug once again.  

,, I-I c-couldn't … I couldn’t recognize him, he wasn’t my-my Sehun anymore...”, she muttered between sobs.  

Sehun’s mother started crying too as she rubbed her back.  

,, I know darling, I know. Everything will be okay... I’ll make sure.”  

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

Sehun’s mother stayed at her that night, because she didn’t want to leave Mirae alone. Also, her daughter Jihye was happy to see her grandma, who she missed a lot.  

On 10 a.m. in the morning her mom was already at the door, with red eyes.  

,, My little baby, I missed you so much.”, she said and wrapped her arms around her daughter.  

,, I missed you too mom.”, she said and pulled away.  

They walked to the kitchen where Jihye and her mother-in-law were eating breakfast.  

Mirae’ mom quite surprised to see Sehun’s mother here, since she had same thoughts as her daughter.  

None of them said anything in front of Jihye. How could they explain why her father left. They couldn't possibly tell her Sehun left them for another woman and he doesn’t want them anymore.  

So, they waited for a couple of hours, before Mirae would lay her down for afternoon nap. Before that Jihye played with her grandma's with new toys from Busan.  

As soon as Jihye fall asleep, all three women went down in living room and Mirae burst into the tears, she was holding for hours.  

She once again find herself in her mother’s embrace.  

,, Cry my girl, cry... let it all out.”  

Mirae continued sobbing, as older woman rubbed her arm. Sehun’s mom was there too, staring at mother and daughter with sad face, holding her own tears. 

,, We were so happy mom, I can’t believe this happened.”, she mumbled. ,, I miss him so much, Jihye misses him too, you know... yes-yesterday she asked me she wanted him to read her bedtime story.”, she wiped her eyes and pulled away from her mom.  

Then leaned down buried her face in her palms.  

,, God, I hate him so much, I hate him... I will never forgive him...”  

,, No, no, don’t say that please...”, Sehun’s mom pleaded, earning glare from Mirae’s mom, but she ignored it. ,, Please, I know, my son is blinded now, I’m sure he will come back.”  

Mirea raised her head and snorted.  

,, Yeah, after I break his head.”, she said making her mother-in-law pout. ,, How could he do that me? On my birthday? How could he?”, she nearly screamed, but remembered Jihye was sleeping upstairs, so she held herself. 

,, By the way, who is that woman? Do you know her?”, her mother asked with hesitation, she didn’t want to make her angry.  

,, Yes, you remember my high school friend, Jung Sunhee?”  

Her mom’s eyes widened.  

,, What? How did she meet him?”  

,, We meet her on my high school reunion, then she started working in same company as him and like that she got close to us, she even come here for dinner-”  

,, What? How did you let that witch’s daughter in house?”, her mom screamed earning curious look from other two.  

,, Witch?”, Mirae frowned. And her mom shook her head.  

,, I know what is wrong now... Ah that wench...”, she suddenly stand up, others followed her as she walked towards front door.   

,, Mom where are you going?”  

Her mother opened the door and stepped outside.  

,, I need to go somewhere, I’ll be back in hour don’t worry, before that call Jihye’s nanny to take her somewhere.”, she said and closed the door behind her back.  

,, What is she going to do?”, her mother-in-law asked with worried face.  

,, I don’t know... I hope she isn't going to to kill her.”  

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

Mirae and Sehun’s mother did as they were told. The nanny come and took Jihye to the zoo five minutes before her mom come back.  

But she brought someone with her.  

She was with strange woman, who wore strange colorful dress, she had piercings and tattoos, some on her hands and some on her face. Somehow, those things looked quite familiar to her, but she couldn’t remember where she had seen this.  

Well, at first Mirae was terrified, because that woman really looked scary, with her gray eyes.  

,, This house has heavy aura...”, she said as soon as she stepped inside. She walked around making women gape at her.  

,, Mom who is she?”, she whispered.  

,, She is shaman.”, she answered with same voice.  

Mirae’s eyes widened.  

,, Shaman? What is she doing here?” she whisper-yelled, making older woman roll her eyes.  

,, You will see...”  

,, Mom, you know I don’t believe this kind of things. “  

Her mother said nothing, she just put her finger on her lips telling Mirae to shut up.  

Mirae rolled her eyes and led them in living room and they sat down around the coffee table.  

,, So, tell me now what is your problem.”, she folded her arms.  

Mirae cleared .  

,, My-My husband cheated on me. He told me he is in love with the woman he met three months ago. I don’t know what is wrong with him, he totally changed, he isn’t the person he used to be.”, she said, single tear slipped from her eye.  

The shaman nodded her head.   

,, Can you bring him here?”  

Mirae shook her head.  

,, I haven’ talked with him for a week. He isn’t answering his mother’s calls either.”, she said and looked at her mother-in-law.  

,, Then can you bring me his picture or his clothes...”, Mirae nodded and opened the drawer, which was next to couch, took Sehun’s picture and gave it to the shaman.  

The shaman put it down on the table and pressed her palms on it, then closed her eyes. Then she opened them and looked directly at Mirae.  

,, His aura is very heavy, I can feel he is under the spell, even now someone is reading some spells for him. This kind of things make people lose their mind.”  

Three women looked at shaman with widened eyes.  

,, Now?”, they asked in unison and fourth woman nodded her head.  

,, Right now.”  

Then she closed her eyes again and opened them in a minute in the same scary way she did before.  

Then she suddenly stood up and started walking, other three followed her silently.  

The shaman walked up to the stairs and headed towards Mirae’s bedroom she opened the door and stood next to the bad.  

,, Come here!”, she called Mirae and younger walked to her with hesitation. ,, Lift the matrass, but don’t touch whatever under it is.”  

Mirae frowned and did as she was told. She grabbed the matrass and lifted it with force.  

She froze on the spot after she saw something really ugly.  

The shaman leaned down and picked that thing, along with the something that seemed like picture.  

The shaman showed at the what it really was.  

,, Look at this toy. “, she said. ,, Women use this to make man fall in love with them. “  

The toy had pins pierced on the left side of chest.  

Then Shaman showed them picture and all of them shrieked.  

,, Oh my god, my son. “, her mother-in-law cried before cupping .  

It was Sehun’s picture, which had the pins on the top and the one on the chest area.  

Mirae started crying, she couldn’t understand what was happening, seeing her husband’s picture in this condition made her heart split in half.  

,, Did she do thi-this? “, she asked with shaky voice   

,, Apparently yes. “  

,, But she has never been in this room. “, she said, trying not to believe what was happening.  

,, She has been in this house, right? “ the shaman asked and Mirae nodded. ,, Then you can’t be sure. Do you have his dirty clothes here?  

Mirae nodded and walked to the bathroom to bring laundry basket. She couldn’t even pay attention to her mother calming down her mother-in-law, who was crying.  

She walked inside and saw herself in the mirror. That moment she realized she was trembling.  

God, why was this all happening to them?  

What did they do in their past life to deserve this?  

And thought that Sehun might be in danger, makes her go crazy.  

She grabbed the laundry basket and walked out.  

The shaman started taking out clothes one by one, as she started to smell them.  

At first it was creepy for Mirae, but probably this woman knows what she was doing.  

She picked up the white shirt, Sehun wore probably week and a half ago.  

 Actually, she wanted to wash them long time ago, but had no time to do so, because she was bawling her eyes out for entire week.  

The shaman smelled it and grimaced.  

Damn, she felt so embarrassed right now.  

,, That’s it, I found it. “, the shaman said loudly gaining all three womans attention.  

Sehun’s mom wiped her cheeks and walked closer to them along with Mirae’s mom.  

,, What is it? “, she asked   

The shaman said nothing, she just fished the lighter out from her pocked and light it up, then brought the fire close to the neck of Sehun’s shirt, but surprisingly, it didn’t burn.  

What the hell?   

Mirae and everyone in the room where beyond the shock.  

,, This is donkeys' brain. “  

After hearing that Mrs. OH nearly fainted. Mirae too, but she tried to be stronger.  

,, Donkeys what? “  

,, It’s donkeys' brain, women use this for same reason as that toy and picture. “  

Mirae facepalmed. This was sick, this was insane.  

,, H-How can I-I help him? “, she asked as her voice trembled with fear.  

,, You only can pray for him. Although it’s up to your husband, he needs to realize it by himself, we can’t help him with anything. “  

,, I-Is it r-really serious? I-I m-mean can he die?”, Mrs. Oh asked as tears slid down on her cheeks. 

,, He might die as time passes, it will drain all of his energy and dry him up.” 

After hearing that, older female nearly fainted, while Mirae was speechless, she couldn’t utter the world, it was truly terrifying.  

,, Where are you going to take this? “, her mother asked.  

,, We need to take this in the forest and burn this there. Right now.  

Four of the walked out of the bedroom, the they left le house and walked to the forest, which was near to their district. The shaman told them not to put these things in the car.  

Mirae knew she needed to somehow help Sehun. Before it’s too late. Before she loses him forever.  

 
 

 

 

 
 

That night sleep didn’t come to Mirae, like every other night. But this day was different.  

She couldn’t understand how Sunhee did those disgust

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter