3/3

He thinks.

He thinks he looks calm and steady but the other members can definitely see through him.

 

Youngjae breaks the silence first by asking him how Himchan hyung is. The other members begin to stir out of their slumber and Yongguk finds himself on the couch with four pair of eyes looking back at him.

 

They just nod without any questions. Yongguk sees the doubts in Zelo's eyes but the latter stays mum. They figure that if their leader is trying, they shall do the same. Yongguk seems to sense that and he is thankful. Silence follows soon after.

 

There is never silence in the dorm, unless they're all sleeping. Even so, Himchan still talks in his sleep.

 

'Yah! It's 2am! Wash up! No wonder the dorm smells!' Yongguk tries to lift the mood. He leans back on the couch and closes his eyes. 'I'm going to rest for a while. First come first serve. Zelo, you better wash.'

 

He feels them finally moving from their places. He peeks and sees only Youngjae returning back to his room.

 

'Hyung,'

 

Yongguk opens his eyes and sees Jongup sitting on the couch beside him. Zelo and Daehyun are still sitting on the floor, picking at the mat.

 

'Hyung's coming back tomorrow right?' Jongup also, picking at his green bunny.

 

Yongguk decides to think before he speaks. It still doesn't help.

 

'Well, even if he doesn't come back, we still have Daehyun as our visual.' Yongguk jokes.

 

He thinks again, that this is why he needs Himchan. Right as the words leave his mouth, the situation becomes stiffer in a second. Jongup's eyes widen and his face turns pale. He stutters and runs into his room without a word. Zelo glares at Yongguk angrily, mumbling incoherently. Yongguk can only manage to make out several words.

 

Daehyun hyu-
What-

Himchan hyun-
Never!

 

And he runs off after Jongup, purposely bumping into Daehyun who was frozen. Yongguk gapes as he watches the door close with a slam. Daehyun turns to Yongguk and takes off his mask, angrily.

 

'What the , hyung! Are you ing out of your mind? Look at what you did!' Daehyun momentarily forgets his manners.

 

'I know we've always joke about this but this is not the right time! Think before you speak hyung!' he continues as he returns back to his room, dejected. The door too, closes with a slam.

 

That is how their night ends.

 

Yongguk knows it is not a dream when he sees Youngjae's back in the kitchen at 8am. Firstly, they are all not usually up till late noon. And secondly, only Himchan goes to the kitchen. He sits up from the couch and rubs his eyes.

 

He thinks he fell asleep on the couch last night because he was too tired last night, not because he wants to be the first there when Himchan recovers. Not that he doesn't need Himchan every other time, but there is never a time he needs the other badly right now.

 

He scrambles around the couch to find his missing phone.

 

'I placed your phone on the kitchen table. You were gripping it too hard in your sleep,' Youngjae says as he places a hot pot of ramen on the kitchen table. Youngjae heads into the two different rooms to wake the other three.

 

He heads over to the kitchen table and sits on one of the chairs. There are six chairs on the table and one will be strangely unoccupied.

 

He thinks it is fate when Himchan fought for the table set even before the other four members officially enters the group.

 

Slowly, Yongguk hears beds creaking and footsteps walking towards the kitchen. Unable to look at them, he picks at the table.

 

He begins to eat and the others follow suit. They eat in silence. The taste is really bland, and Yongguk knows it is not only his taste buds. Just that, Himchan has always been doing the cooking and the fact that he was better at it..

 

He notices a dubboki in his bowl and looks up. He sees Zelo looking back at him, biting his bottom lip. He nods, apologizing for yesterday's incident. Zelo smiles and continues eating. Yongguk scans the table and he is glad that the tension is away. Just at that moment, Yongguk's handphone rings and they hear Himchan's voice on the other line.

 

'I'm taking a bath first! No more first come, first serve! We'll do it the usual way!'

 

Zelo sighs.