2/3

He thinks.

Bang Yongguk drags his feet out of the lift and makes his way to the dorm. Not only is he physically tired, he is exhausted beyond his wits. Everything happened so fast, so quick that he was unable to grasp the reality of it all.

 

He remembers hearing Jongup's cries in the dark. It was not even frantic, it was hysterical. The fact that they were still onstage makes him scared, really scared. He quickly rushed to the poor boy and saw him shaking. As he got nearer, he felt as if his heart weighed a ton.  He dropped to his knees and shook Himchan desperately.

 

Kim Himchan! ! Wake up! Come on.’

 

In fact, he was shaking the motionless body so much as if trying to the life out of it.

 

‘Hyung! Hyung! What are we going to do? Hyu-’

 

He tries to block out Jongup's pleading voice in vain effort to keep calm. His hands were trembling from all the shaking till he could almost see his knuckles turning white even in the dark.

 

By then, everyone has gathered around them, including the members. Their manager rushed onstage and lifted Himchan onto his back. Some of the dancers helped him to do so as they rushed offstage. Yongguk quickly reacted by directing the members offstage, but when he saw the looks on their faces, that was it.

 

They looked at him, with worry, confusion and a tint of helplessness. All of them were wearing the same expression. He almost lost it, looking at their awfully young maknaes. He wanted to comfort and tell them that everything would be okay and their hyung would be fine.

 

But like them, he felt as if he has suddenly lost his ability to speak. He too, felt helpless with the whole situation. This was supposed to be Himchan's job.

 

Damn you, Kim Him Chan.

 

He cocked his head, signaling them to head offstage as he pulled the frozen Jongup to his feet. He didn't forget to bow to the audience before leaving last.

 

Without a breather, Yongguk rushed to the hospital with their manager while the other members wereto return to their dorm. They left, very reluctantly.

 

He fainted due to a long-term fever and severe exhaustion. The only problem we have is that he hit his head pretty hard when he fainted. We’lllet him rest for tonight. We'll update you when he's awake.

 

He reaches the front door of their dorm, half-hoping that the other members are already asleep. Yongguk unlocks the door and enters the dorm slowly.

 

He sighs. He sees Youngjae first as Youngjae paces the living room back and forth. He then senses Daehyun sleeping with his head down on the kitchen table. Zelo and Jongup are sprawled all over the couch. Zelo is staring at the ceiling blankly, an untouched PSP on his lap and Jongup, well little Jongup is sleeping with a green bunny held tightly in his arms.

 

The green bunny that Himchan gave him as a joke on his birthday last year.

 

Yongguk tries so damn hard not to break at the sight of it.