1/3

He thinks.

 

'Himchan, himchan. Wake up, it's done,' the makeup noona shakes him lightly. Himchan who slept looking up, wakes up and looks into the mirror. He blinks a couple of times to get his vision back.

 

He thinks he sees an undeniably pale guy staring back at him, mimicking his actions. Even the makeup cannot lie.

 

Thanking the noona with a smile through the mirror, his right hand moves to tidy his messy fringe. His hand accidentally brushes past his forehead, feeling it burn. He sighs, feeling hot and uncomfortable. He stretches his neck to ease the tension.

 

He hears Daehyun and Youngjae singing their lines somewhere in the room. His instinct kicks in and he began scanning the room to check on the others. He sees his bestfriend talking seriously with their manager and he suddenly wonders why. He also sees their maknae, fully focus on his PSP. Their visual maknae is however, nowhere to be seen.

 

He thinks he sees the makeup noona looking back at him worriedly.

 

Yes, he has been having a fever. But egoistical Himchan is too proud to admit it. It is their last goodbye stage and he wants to be in it. He made it through last night's hell practice (it felt like hell) so he figures he can make it through today's performance. He just has to sing a couple of lines, only a couple of lines (which he treasures greatly).

 

Himchan looks back at the handsome guy in the mirror and mouths, Let's do this!

 

They still have a long time till the performance hence, he figures he can steal a power nap. As he is about to shut his eyes, he feels a strong presence beside him. A smiling Jongup is now, sitting beside him with a new vitamin bottle on the table. Jongup then offers the vitamin bottle to a confused Himchan.

 

'Hyung, you've been looking really tired lately! So, I got this for you, ' Jongup says, his eyes turning into moon crescents.

 

Himchan smiles blantly while shaking his head.Jongup insists a couple more times and Himchan just keeps rejecting. He does it purposely soon after, trying to bully the maknae. Jongup quickly uncaps the bottle and forces the drink into Himchan's mouth. Yes, with those cheetos, he does it easily. Suprised, Himchan quickly stood up after drinking a couple of quick gulps . He glares at the frozen maknae.

 

'Performing in a five minutes! Let's go!' Yongguk's voice comes from the door. Jongup has never been so thankful.

 

As all the members gather to do their usual group cheer, Himchan scans each of their faces. Maybe it's the fever which he doubt so, but he begins to question his position in the group.

 

Sure he's the visual, but Daehyun can easily claim the position right? Youngguk is the leader, so the members can rely on him just like what Zelo always does. Youngjae on the other hand, can easily fulfill his responsibilities if he's missing. The maknaes can easily lift and create the right atmosphere because, well they're young  There really won't be much of a differe-

 

'Himchan.'

 

He breaks out of his thoughts and sees Yongguk looking back at him. Himchan forces a smile back at him and they proceed with their group cheer.

 

Himchan feels Yongguk's hands massaging his shoulders as they walk to the stage.

 

'You're going to rest once we reach the dorm. I'm just letting you go this time round just cos' I respect your decision.'

 

They run to their positions on stage and they're on. Himchan barely manages to sing his lines. He heaves a sigh of relief as he gets through his second line. Trying to keep a calm expression, he can feel energy draining from his legs.

 

They end their last performance with everyone dying as their backup dancers shoot them.

 

Kim Himchan never saw light after that.