MMC ENT

   « SOL AI »   « APPLY CLOSED »  PLOTTING PHASE
fRGgKg3.png
 
 
 
MMC Ent
EXCELLENCE ONLY
 
MMC Ent.
the past, present, and future of kpop
((People marked with ♡ are available as love interest~))
Founded by 80s pop music darling Moon Manchul, MMC Entertainment has been a main-stay since a time when kpop was just pop. One of the big 3, your idol's mothers, uncles, and siblings and they themselves have grown up jamming to MMC's output.
Scores of idols out there used to train at MMC and their trainee program is lauded as one of the best but also one of the most competitive. Until you sign your name on the dotted line, everyone is competition and nothing is certain. As soon as you do? Well, the group is best friends forever, aren't they?

Recently, however, all of the big 3 have found themselves dwarved by the growth of media giant Hybe and things are not what they used to be. Their latest boy group XFIRE has not performed to the standards Moon Manchul set for them. Now SOL AI looks to be going in much the same direction, being overtaken by CJ E&M pet project of nobodies Dream4U no less. Now that is just embarrassing.
The future, it seems, might no longer lay at MMC's feet.
VYfGm8n.png
STAFF
Moon Manchul
founder
No longer CEO since a few years ago, but you'd be fooled to think that diminished the amount of power he has. The staff fears him walking by and undoing hours of work with just a few words. Trainees both fear him and do everything to make him notice them.
Moon Manchul is notorious for playing favourite and his favourites always end up extremely successful. Does he have a good eye for idols or do they simply succeed because of the amount of exposure they get? Chicken or egg. If he favours you he is a stern but proud uncle. If he dislikes you he is cold and direct with his critique.

Most of all he will never pay his taxes.
In current groups his favourites are Miah, Hwan, Ador, and Changha. 

born: 1957
 
Jang Sumin
main manager
Sumin is the first female manager MMC has ever had, it's kind of a big deal which is why she's so anxious for everything to go well. She used to be assisant manager for Violetta and this is her first gig as the main manager and she needs to succeed. Maybe then the managers will stop asking her to get the coffee during meetings.

She is definitely not the easiest nor most lenient manager. Sumin tries to use iron discipline to make sure that everything goes according to plan. Don't they know that everything that goes wrong reflects badly upon her? It is hard to bond with the girls when she is constantly in survival mode.

born: 1985
 
Min Byungdae
assistant manager
He is definitely the easier manager to work wtih. Before this he's only ever been assistant manager to the boy groups, he has no idea what girls and girl groups are like and it is totally exploitable. You could tell him that menstruation means you have to eat ddeokbokki ever day or you'll die and he'd probably believe you. 

born: 1994
 
 
VYfGm8n.png
horizone
first queens of the hallyu wave
but not all queens are created equal
Everyone knows Horizone, they were THE national girl group for nearly a decade. Debuting in 2007 with Into The New World, they wormed their way into the hearts and ears of Asia with bops like Gee and Run Devil Run and Mr Mr and solidified MMC as the company to idolise.
But all that was years ago, nowadays only a handful of Horizone members are still signed to MMC. They keep saying they will get together for a reunion release but it always gets pushed back.
insp. just SNSD this one ain't that deep
 
notable members
 
u1khbJ5.png
noH miah
main vocal
Noh Miah is probably the name anyone first thinks of when thinking 'Horizone', she had an OST out even before debut and any song she releases is instantly on the top of the charts. She couldn't be more tired. The paparazzi, the crazy fans, the management pressure, everything has chip chip chipped away at Noh Miah until she became nothing but a shell of the joyful teenager she debuted as with some serious trauma to boot. She's healing after finally getting a decent therapist and becoming an iconic queer duo with Howoon and shutting most of it out but it is slow going.

Miah is the biggest hurdle to the great Horizone comeback, aside from the difficulty with the non MMC members. She is simply not up for it. Right now Moon Manchul look at her when they need some extra cash and she releases an album of music that she likes and doesn't step foot on stage but a full group comeback? That means press conferences, music show stages, fansignings, the whole shebang. She gets cold sweat when she thinks about it.

She used to be very kind and helpful to the young rookies who came in her path but nowadays she's just tired. The industry is going to chew them up and spit them out no matter what she does, it's what always happened before. She doesn't have the energy to give a rookie her heart anymore.

1991, fc. yuri (snsd) 
hZri6Wy.png
shin hayun
lead dance, vocal
The daughter of Moon Manchul's most trusted friend, Shin Hayun was shuffled into Horizone late but fit in surprisingly well. She's doing decently post-group as an actress but really she has been getting more and more involved behind the scenes. There are rumours Moon Manchul might be grooming her as a successor.

She doesn't have much time for the rookies, honestly she feels like kids these days have it way too easy. Do you now what Horizone had to go through with their slave contracts, cringy oppa-bait songs and outfits, and mandatory plastic surgery? And they're complaining about pressure?? Please.

1990, fc. Jihyun (ex-4Minute) 
hZri6Wy.png
jung jaena
lead vocal, lead dance, maknae
When the group was at their peak, Jaena was the one fans would always speculate to be the first to leave MMC. She always seemed less close than the other girls, less committed to the group. Scandals of zoning out at fansigns or putting in no effort for practices haunted her while she was the first to branch out into other real estate while the others got solos or acting gigs or mc work. Nowadays Jaena mostly thrives off her investments and the occasional cf deal and is hardly ever seen around the company hq. Why Jung Jaena renewed her contract to MMC not once but twice remains one of kpop's greater mysteries.

In reality, Jaena is the one lobbying the hardest for a Horizone comeback and she stays with MMC in the hopes that it would make any crumb of group activity easier to arrange that way. You truly don't know what you had until it's gone and it took the group falling apart into their own separate lives for Jaena to realise that Horizone is everything she ever wanted.

Jaena is also one of the kindest seniors to run into at MMC headquarters. A little scatterbrained, but she's always ready to have a chat and offer some encouragement to her juniors before running off whatever appointment she is late for.


1993, fc. sua (dreamcatcher)
VYfGm8n.png
Zeu5
the world is still their oyster
but does mmc remember that?
ZEU5 (notable not consisting of 5 members), debuted in 2012 and quickly rose to be one of the top boy groups of their generation all across Asia.
They were a phenomenon and if you asked them they still are, though their album sales dipped under a million for the first time last year and half of them are doing their military service. Songs like Growl and View and Love Shot are still legendary but MMC is putting all their effort into BE.I and XFIRE and why shouldn't they? ZEU5 will sell no matter what.
insp. EXO, SHINee, 2nd gen boy groups in general
 
notable members
 
u1khbJ5.png
lee junseo
leader, lead rapper
He is the one your seniors tell you to stay away from. Callous, not negligible amount of ism, manwhore, collossal opinion of himself, you know the drill. Will aggressively flirt with you, your maknae, your manager, your makeup artist, as long as they have and he thinks they're hot. All around ty dude. It's always the mediocre ones with the tepid fanbases who are the tiest isn't it? Maybe he's augmenting his own insecurities by searching validation in the worst ways and lashing out when he doesn't get it? Maybe he was just born a ?

He's also still extremely salty that Hwan got a solo while he never did. Junseo has always desperately wanted to be one of Moon Manchul's favourites but Manchul feels neutral about him at best, and feels he was one of his biggest mistakes at his worst while covering up for a yet another would-be scandal. Not a lot of poeple at the company like Junseo and yet he still believes that truly he's the star of ZEU5. 

1992, fc. Chanyeol (EXO) 
hZri6Wy.png
xin (son howoon)
main vocal, lead dancer
Son Howoon is the enigmatic and stunning main dancer who can play a crowd's heartstrings like the best of them. As soon as the music turns off? He's outies. He's always been here for the performance and the music but the constant business squables, invasive fans, and annoying groupmates? He can do without. Alas, he is stuck. They still haven't deigned to give him a solo (please he'd even accept a ballad at this point) so if he wants to stand on stage and feel the music beat through his body then he has to put up with these morons.

He's gay, something that is an open secret around the company. Most people know it, nobody dares utter it out loud. He's most often seen with Miah where the both of them create their own island at once comprised of bitterness and enjoyment. Find them throwing shade in the corner of the party while sipping on martinis and giggling so hard some of that martini comes out of his nose. 

1993, fc. Minhyuk (Monsta X)
5bGZcCi.png
lee hwan ♡
main dance, lead vocal, maknae
Hwan is one of the most popular members in ZEU5. With his smooth dance moves and vocals he makes many a female (and male! and certainly nonbinary!) heart soar, and not just his fans it seems. Hwan has been involved in not one, not two, but three big dating scandals with some of the biggest female idols in the industry. He can't help it, he falls in and out of love very quickly and he is very very bad at being discreet. s all groan as soon as he makes eye contact with another visual and there he goes picking up that inkigayo sandwich hoe do not do it- 

Despite his smooth y image, Hwan is rather awkward cute in real life, not at all as smooth as you'd expect him to be to have such A+ game but maybe that is exactly why he has it. Just a good bub with a love for ladies and not a whole lot of sense. He's looking (respectfully). 

1998, fc. Taeyang (sf9) 
VYfGm8n.png
violetta
the previous generation
is sol ai their end or their validation?
Violetta debuted in 2013 as successor to Horizone. A smaller group with an equally fresh pop sound to enchant the hearts of Korea. They are very successful althought they have never quite risen to the fame of their seniors. Violetta was never front-runner of their generation, lagging behind the fame of BlackPink and Twice, but even years later they still chart high with each release and their albums just keep selling more.
Still, it is not enough. It is never enough for MMC. Violetta is considered a moderate success by MMC standards, but being surpassed by the other big3 companies was always a hit to Moon Manchul's ego no matter how iconic Ador might be.

7 years ago when Violetta debuted is when Horizone started falling apart. Now it looks like they're ready to bench Violetta in favour of SOL AI.
insp. Red Velvet, the transition from 2NE1 to BlackPink, obv Irene's scandal
 
notable members
 
u1khbJ5.png
ador Kim (kim jiyoung)
leader, lead dancer, "rapper", vocal, face of the group
Kim Jiyoung, stage name Ador, is the leader of Violetta and undisputably the most popular member. She is known throughout the world for her acting skills in many lead roles and her beauty. Her fans dub her cold outside but with a heart of gold, an ice princess. The staff at MMC know her as the Banshee. Years of being fawned over as perfect and flawless have done much for her ego and Ador Kim must have absolutely everything the way she wants it to be or you will know about it. In the rare event she takes a liking to you she is charming and powerful and witty. In the more likely event she does not you are nothing but a cockroach under her boot. 

1994, fc. Seola (WJSN)
5bGZcCi.png
won ahra ♡
leader, main dance, lead vocal
Ahra is pretty miffed at the whole SOL AI thing. Sure, the company can debut another girl group if they want, but why so obviously reduce the activities and support of VIOLETTA when they've never sold better? She envisioned herself another Noh Miah, has patiently waited in vain for the solo she deserves, and all she gets is being sidelined just a year before contract renewals.

She doesn't like the way Ador treats them, but she'd be lying if she didn't feel similarly bitter about the situation. She tries not to take it out on the SOL AI girls unless provoked but she's also not exactly warm and friendly. She'd definitely be lying if she said that she isn't relieved SOL AI doesn't have the smashing debut Moon Manchul so obviously envisioned.   

1994, fc. Bomi (Apink)
5bGZcCi.png
skye (eun haneul) ♡
vocal, dance, maknae
Haneul was added to Violetta about a year into their debut and things have always been a little tense, especially with Ador. In fact, she might have trained with the most senior trainees who made it into SOL AI before being whisked away as a smol 15 year old. Fans took to her instantly and she's probably the second-favourite of the group but she's never felt like she really fit in with her unnies and Ador does sometimes let her know it.

She knows she's supposed to avoid SOL AI, that Ador and Ahra has labelled them persona non grata, that their very existence threatens her career. Even still, she can't help but feel curious about these girls much closer to her age, some of whom she even knows well. What do they say about grass being greener on the other side?

2000 fc. Yeonhee (Rocket Punch)
VYfGm8n.png
BE.i
the million sellers
one body-roll and the whole office gets their paychecks
BE.I debuted in late 2017 as part of the new MMC generation and while their rise has been a little slow for MMC's liking, they followed in their sunbae's footsteps soon enough to dominate the new boy group scene.. Their image is that of youthful glamorous stars and ushered in the 4th gen, of which they are one of the only boy groups to steadily chart on Melon. 
With songs like Crazy, y Cool, Boom, and Black Mirror the boys have shown versatility and talent. They've been million sellers since 2019 and are billed as the next big thing.
insp. TXT and their dynamic with Enhypen, NCT Dream and their dynamic with the rest of NCT, Winner vs Ikon
 
notable members
 
u1khbJ5.png
caleb kwon ♡
leader, main dancer
Caleb is a captivating dancer and equally captivating on variety. He's wiity and savage, as billed by the fans, and is very aware of his superstar status. Perhaps a bit arrogant, Caleb knows his smile can sell a million and don't you want to see what a body roll can do? Nothing wrong with knowing your worth, is there?

He's a good leader, he knows when to indulge and when to reign in the egos and his group has plenty of ego. He's also very curious about this new girl group that's debuting. Will they become stars like BE.I or will they fail like XFIRE? He's very curious to see.

He's also a biual king. Open for love interest if you can handle your man finding Lee Hwan just as hot as you do. 

2000, fc. Daehwi (AB6IX)
hZri6Wy.png
cho sejun ♡
vocal, dancer, sometimes rapper if he must
Not a visual, not particularly talented, not the most popular, and yet he has the ego of one. Cho Sejun is the nephew of the chairman of Hankook Tire, which is an extremely lame company to get stupid rich from but money is money and the world needs tires. Nobody look at the charitable donations that have been given to MMC to get a certain favourite nephew into a certain high profile group.

Sejun has never wanted for anything in the world, something that hasn't exactly made him into less of a priviledged . Don't you know that the rules don't apply to him? He has money, he has fame, he can have anything in the world he desires. That is, if he could be arsed to try and get it. 

1998, fc. Johnny (NCT) 
5bGZcCi.png
kim jiho (kim younggyu) 
 lead vocal, visual
Kim Younggyu - better known as Kim Jiho as his name was judged ill-suited to his face - is probably one of the most beautiful people you have ever seen. Don't worry, he knows, you can stare if you like. People have been staring at him since he was a toddler, he's used to it.

Everyone knows why he's here, you just have to look at his face, and he's resigned to it. Nobody tells you how lonely it is to be otherworldly beautiful. People have treated Younggyu- pardon Jiho like a doll all his life. He's not a person to them, he's something to look at or something to fantasise about or something to project onto. He dreams of meeting someone who sees him as a person, but so far in this shallow world he doesn't feel he ever has. Certainly not his group members, with whom he feels like a fish out of the water.

He's the only one in BE.I who's from a lower class background and he has made all his dreams come true. So why can't that be enough?

1999, fc. Cha Eunwoo 
hZri6Wy.png
choi changha
main vocal, lead dancer, rapper
Changha knows he's hot and he is having the time of his life. He's the perfect idol, he lives and breathes fanservice and comes alive on stage. Changha and Jiho are probably tied with most popular in an already superstar group, together they round out the visual core but where Jiho sees burden in that attention, it feeds Changha.

2002, fc. Sunghoon (Enhypen) 
VYfGm8n.png
xfire
the black sheep
always just a few steps behind
XFIRE (pronounces crossfire) is the brother group of BE.I, composed mostly of trainees who didn't make it into MMC's promised group but were too valuable to throw out. They debuted in 2019 with Tamed-Dashed and convey amore edgy and boyish image than their brother group.
So far they have only released tamed-dashed and blessed-cursed, but their last mini album already sold 850k.
Still, none of their songs have charted on Melon yet and the majority of their fandom is internationally based. Behind the scenes they are billed as the failed half of BE.I, the black sheep compared to the golden boys. There is a LOT of tension between the two groups.
insp. Enhypen and their dynamic with TXT, NCT and their dynamic with Dream, Ikon vs Winner
 
notable members
 
u1khbJ5.png
lee seojun ♡
leader, main vocal
Local grandpa just trying to keep his group of extremely priviledged misfits together long enough to amass enough wealth to retire. Seojun is a pragmatic man, he knows why he got delegated to the leftover group and it starts with an Lee and ends with Changha. How does anyone compare to that?? But he's still here, unlike many of his trainee friends he didn't quit to debut elsewhere. He would never settle for less than kpop royalty even if it meant not being the crowning jewel of the group. They are this close to selling a million albums in one go and Seojun is ready to invest into blissful retirement. Now all he has to do is keep his group of ups from creating a career-ending scandal for, what day is it? , six more years.

Seojun sees himself as realistic, though others might see him as a jaded sarcastic guy who's convinced he's starring in an episode of the Office. He does care about the guys but oh my god are they annoying and a handful most of the time like can you pleeease just chill and do as you're told? There comes the headache. And if anything goes wrong you just know management looks to Seojun to explain and what is he supposed to say? Sorry, Kihun is an imbecile and Hyeon tried to set the BE.I dorm on fire again, they'll probably do it again. 

It is a fun joke at the company, how Lee Junseo and Lee Seojun are both leaders, both mains, even look somewhat alike if you cross eyes. Isn't that just fun, they are two peas in a pod? It makes Seojun want to vomit. 

1998, fc. Seoho (Oneus) 
hZri6Wy.png
ki (kwon kihun) ♡
lead dancer, main rapper, vocal
Kihun doesn't really know what all of the fuss is about with this group rivalry but he'll play ball, a little bit of drama is fun after all. BOO BE.I! He got into MMC about half a year before XFIRE's debut and instantly made the debut team on his charisma alone. He's the most popular one now, fans are already saying how he should have been main dancer instead, how he always stands out, how he must be the center of the group. 

Kihun is pretty chill, if a bit full of himself. He's content to just ride the waves just like the rode the waves right into debuting with XFIRE. He likes the group, he likes the fans, he likes the adoration, and he likes the free swag. And have you seen him rocking a crop top? Boy could be the second-coming of Hwan. But he's absolutely blind to the looks of jealousy Hyeon gives him, or the effect the fan wars have.

Honestly he's pretty dense about most things, could probably be classified as himbo if his obliviousness didn't cause so much harm. He doesn't get why you all hate Junseo so much, they went clubbing just last week and he bought the drinks what a champ! Oh wait did the manager give you all because I wasn't there? Oooops.

2000, fc.San (Ateez)
hZri6Wy.png
atsu (nishimura atsushi) ♡
lead vocal, vocal
Atsushi is the reason why a good percentage of their album sales come from both Japan and China. His image is of a prince charming, a beautiful gentleman who lends his coat to female idols with short skirts (as the viral video of him and VIOLETTA shows), the perfect boyfriend to bring home to your parents. And not all image is lies, in fact MMC wanted him to have a mysterious bad boy image but Atsu was just a spacy little dreamer who gets lost in his own thoughts and tries to do the right thing. Was, that is. Now he's a lot more grown up, he sees the choices he's made and regrets a good amount of them. He also sees more than anyone the toll MMC takes on people, especially on women.

Atsu came to Korea to make his dream of becoming just like sunbaes ZEU5 a reality, missing home and defying the increasibly desperate pleas of his parents to come back to Japan after years of training went by without debut. Atsu never lost hope, he just closed his eyes and saw himself in stage and knew he could do it. And here he was, debuted, and finally in a position to meet his idols and tell them how much they inspired him. Well, you know what they say, never meet your idols, and certainly never become them.

2001, fc.Yoshi (Treasure)
5bGZcCi.png
hyeon (Kwon hyeonsu) ♡
main dancer, visual
Hyeonsu was scouted by MMC when he was in elementary school, that's how long he's been training. He was one of the top trainees, he even thought he might be favouried by Moon Manchul himself. And then he got unceremoniously removed from the BE.I lineup in favour of Sejun. Sejun. That hurt. I mean come on! He is the main dancer of XFIRE, would have been the main dancer of BE.I too easily, no offense Hyeonbin (some offense) and he was replaced for someone useless and not even a visual, it was insulting!

He even nearly got poached by Hybe but he decided to stay, he had some hope that he was still at least Manchul's favourite within XFIRE and then Kihoon entered the scene. He's not even main dancer but he got all the center time and fans are constantly comparing them to see who is the real dancer when everyone can see Kihoon just exaggerates a lot.

2002, fc. Minhee (Cravity)