Chapter Three

Listen to My Heartbeat

About 4 years later-

_____ has applied to many colleges and universities in Seoul. She has been accepted to 3 colleges. At the end, she chose University Of Seoul. She'll be majoring in Law and Public Administration. _____ has been learning Korean for about more than a year now. Now her learning's not going to waste. Taking a risk, not knowing anyone over there except for Jay, she moves to Seoul.

Park Jaebeom finally debuted as leader of a new boy band, 2pm. It took him years of training to debut from JYPE. Nichkhun is also in 2pm. She knows about it, but she tries to not acknowledge it.

_____'s POV- it's been about 4 years now, since that day. I've been with other guys during these past couple of years. But I still haven't found that specific feeling when I'm with them. The feeling when I see him, I get butterflies in my stomach. When I'm with him, my heart skips a beat. And when I am with him, I don't want time to end. I don't want him to leave. No one can make my heart skip a beat, like he did. I haven't found that guy yet.

_____'s flight will be coming soon. Her final text to Jay-

_____: Don't forget to pick me up! I sent my flight time to you.- Can't wait to see you! ^-^

Jay: I won't. don't worry. can't wait to see you either. ^-^

Incheon Airport-

Jay's POV- Why am I so nervous? Why am I acting like this is my first time seeing her?

Jay didn't want to arrive too early, he would be recognized, so he waited for the last last minute. _____'s flight arrives at 12:05 p.m. He went in at 12:04 p.m.

_____'s flight arrived.

_____'s POV- I can't wait to see him, It's been a while since I've last seen him. Why is my heart beating so fast? What is wrong with me?

Jay sneakily got into the airport. He was looking around for _____. No one really noticed him at first, but then this unni recognized him, and ran up to him, asking for his autograph. All hottests' around saw what was happening, and immediately crowded him.

_____ got her luggage, and walked around, looking for Jay. She saw that crazy crowd, and somehow she had a feeling that the one that's being crowded is Park Jaebeom. She slowly walked towards the crowd. Hottest, were in no way, going to let _____ through.

"PARK JAEBEOM!" she screamed at the top of her lungs.

All of the Hottest turned around, and looked at _____ in an annoying way.

Jay knew who's voice that was, _____'s.

Jay excused himself, literally breaking the grasps of his fans, bowing his head continuously, while at the same time walking towards _____.

Both _____ and Jay smiled.

Jay walked up to her and gave her a tight hug, The fans' were screaming, and some were wondering what _____ is to Park Jaebeom.

"You haven't changed at all _____" Jay said.

"I know right?" she replied.

The fans were taking pictures from every corner. Some were literally crying, still unsure of _____'s relationship with 2pm's Leader, Jaebeom.

"I miss you Park Jaebeom!" she exclaimed, and fake punched him.

"I miss you too. Really, you look so different. You, you look beautiful." he finally uttered those last words.

"Kamsahamnida! Wow, that's my first time speaking in Korean" she said matter-of-factly and smiled.

Hottest and reporters were everywhere, they were increasing by the second.

"Let's go, before Hottest attack you" Jay quickly explained to her.

"You're scaring me" she told him.

Out of confusion and chaos, Jay took _____'s hands and bags and ran for the exit.

Jay and _____'s POV- Why is my heart beating so fast?

They've reached 2pm's van.-

In the car waiting for _____ and Jay were Woo Young and Taecyeon. The others were at _____'s villa, setting up the BBQ party.

"Um, I'm not trying to be one of those fans', but OMG, can I get you guys' autograph?" she asked.

"Yeah, of course" both Woo Young and Taecyeon replied.

"Hey, were you guys just holding hands out there?" Woo Young out of his curiosity, wanted to know.

"Ani, I was just. .leading her to the van" Jay tried to explain.

"By holding her hand?" Woo Young asked.

"Ya! Be quiet man!" Jay yelled at Woo Young.

"Hey, we haven't really introduce ourselves to _____. I'm Taec." he said, changing the subject.

"Anyong, I'm Woo Young" Woo Young introduced himself.

"It's really nice to meet you guys" she replied.

"_____, if you don't understand Korean, I'm always here to help you translate" Taecyeon offered.

"Aww, thanks Taec. It's really nice of you. And I think I'll be asking you to translate for me, alot. So sorry. I'm not as good, only somewhat of a second level speaker" she explained.

"It's ok, don't worry about it" Taecyeon assured her.

"_____, let's be friends. I like you. I'll call you _____-ah" Woo Young said.

"Ok. I'll call you Woo Youngie then?" she replied.

"Ok. _____-ah! Yay! I'm her first friend in Korea!" he exclaimed.

"Not really Woo Young. Jaebeom hyung is" Taecyeon said matter-of-factly.

"Hyung! Why are you ruining the moment?!" Woo Young cried.

"What, it's the truth!" Taecyeon replied.

"Anyways" _____ tried to change the subject, "I bought dried mangoes' for you guys. I heard how much you guys love them" she said.

"Thanks! Maknae would love it" Taecyeon explained shortly.

"Huh? I thought Woo Young was the maknae" she said, confused.

"Ani, Chansung is" Jay told her.

"Ooh, sorry. I had no idea" she apologized.

"It's ok _____-ah" Woo Young assured her.

Once they've reached _____'s villa, Chansung opened the door, the guys yelled out: SURPRISE!

"OMG, it's 2pm!" she exclaimed, literally going in a panic mode, fan mode. She quickly calmed down.

Nichkhun was shocked, the only word that he could utter was her name. "_____?"

"Khun" she said coldy.

There was that horribe silence that crept in oh so quickly.

"Why is it so quiet? I'm not used to this quietness!" Woo Young said and started randomly singing out loud and dancing.

"Do you guys know each other?" Jay wanted to know.

"Huh? Um, yeah, we were. . .friends back in the States" he choked out the last words. He didn't bring up the whole truth. The truth was that they used to be boyfriend and girfriend. He didn't want things to get more awkward, so he left that out.

"Ohh" Jay, and now Woo Young finally calmed down, said.

Taecyeon helped break the awkwardness. "Ok, let's go eat!"

"Yay! I was hungry this whole time!" Chansung complained.

The guys, except for Nichkhun ran to the kitchen table to get the food. Nichkhun quietly walked upstairs, no one noticed him. He wanted to talk to her, but, he didn't know how to approach her. He knows that it's stupid to write a note this day and age, but he decided to anyway. He quietly walked into _____'s room, found a piece of scrap piece of paper lying on the floor. He started writing. He left the note in her already furnished bedroom, on her bed. He slowly walked out of that room, and closed the door behind him. He slowly walked downstairs.

Chansung and Woo Young were staring at Nichkhun intently. While the others were talking and asking _____ questions.

"What? I needed to go use the restroom" Nichkhun said to them.

Woo Young shrugged and started asking _____  questions. Chansung went back to his eating.

Nichkhun's POV- She's walked back into my life. Or is she just passing by? Can things get back to the way they were back then?

_____'s POV- He looks so different. Cute. No, stop thinking about him. I don't like him anymore.

She got rid of her thoughts, and answered the guys' many questions.

The guys stayed over until around 10.

"Text or call if you get bored. Get plenty of rest _____" Jay said to her before he walked out of the door.

"I will, don't worry. Thanks for everything" she thanked him.

"We have to go practice for our concert tomorrow" Jay explained to her.

"2pm hwaiting! Practice well for your fans" _____ said to the guys.

Woo Young stopped in his tracks, "_____-ah, you're not our fan?" he asked.

"Of course I am!" she said to Woo Young. She whispered to Woo Young, "I'm your all time fan. Shh, the other guys might get jealous" and smiled.

"_____-ah, you're just so-" Woo Young said, when _____ interrupted him.

"Ok, bye guys" she said to the guys.

On his way to practice-

Text: Jay to _____.

Jay: I won't be able to spend tomorrow with you, can't show you around. Our schedule is so tight. Sorry.

_____: It's ok, really. I can manage. I do speak Korean you know :)

Jay:  :)

_____: Just practice hard, ok?

Jay: I will. Good nite.

_____: good nite Jay. Again, 2pm fighting!

Text: Woo Young to _____.

Woo Young: _____-ah!

_____: Mwoh?

Woo Young: Good night.

_____: You texted me just to say that?

Woo Young: Ani. You're awesome! Can't wait to hang out with you again.

_____: Komawo Woo Youngie. Can't wait to hang out with you guys either. Well good nite. You guys practice hard.

Woo Young: Uh. komawo _____-ah. Good night.

After a long day hanging out with the guys, _____ dragged herself towards the villa. She was so exhausted, it was a long day. She reached her bedroom, she noticed a note on her bed.

Can things get back to the way they were? Can we get back to the way you and I were? When none of this happened?

Khun- (010-3942-4923)


She repeated the message over and over again in her head. She was so exhausted that she just passed out on the bed.