Chapter Four

Listen to My Heartbeat

Next Day-
7:38 a.m.

______ woke up, still thinking about the note that Nichkhun wrote.

She decided to call him.

______: How can you even ask me that?

Nichkhun: We should get bac-

______: Khun. Things can't get back to the way they were. You and I can't get back to the way we were.

Nichkhun: Why?

______: Are you serious? You were going to leave me. How can you expect things to go back to normal?

Nichkhun: What? I never wanted to leave you. ______, what are you talking about?

______ didn't listen, she just kept babbling on.

______: I didn't even know how you were over there. I'd have to ask your parents' about your well-being. I-

Nichkhun: You what?

______: Nothing. Khun, we can't go back to normal.

She hung up, just like she did back then.

She dragged herself out of bed..brushed her teeth, pulled on a hoodie, and her dark skinny jeans. .Even though it was cold outside.
she wore her favorite fip flops. She headed out for breakfast at a nearby cafe.

Text: ______ to Jay

______: Good-morning :)

Jay: Hey. You're up early.

______: Hmm, I know! So are you busy today?

Jay: Going to school and then later, interview. That's it for today. Karaoke tonight?

______: Ooh, that's cool..Who's all going?

Jay: all seven of us.

______: Um, ok. call me when you guys decide on the time, ok?

Jay: Ok.

Thanh arrived at the Cafe. She saw someone very familiar in the far right corner of the cafe ordering his breakfast. It was Nichkhun. What a coincidence. She decided to leave, but changed her mind. She didn't need to leave. She hadn't done anything wrong. She sat down in the far left corner of the cafe. The menu covered half of her face, as she leaned over to look at Nichkhun.

She was too focused on Nichkhun, that she nearly jumped out of her seat, when her phone rang. She accidentally knocked down the glass of water that the waitress has just put on her table.

"Oh! So annoying! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to. I'll pay for the glass?" she said.

Naega baram pyeodo neoneun jeoldae pijima baby. Naneun neoreul ijeodo neon nareul itjima lady. Gakkeum naega yeollagi eopgo- (Look Only At Me- TaeYang)

"Karaoke tonight at 10. Ok? We'll pick you up at 9:30" Jay told her.

"Oh" she replied.

"Where are you?" he asked her.

"I'm at-" she said, before she noticed Nichkhun standing in front of her.

"______? ______? Hello!" Jay yelled, on the other line.

______ ended her call with Jay.

It was obvious that Nichkhun would notice her, she was so noticeable with her clumsiness.

She started to leave. Nichkhun blocked her.

"______, you can't run away from me forever" he said to her.

"But, I can try though" she said, and pushed him away. She started walking towards the door. Nichkhun held her back.

"I just want to talk to you" he told her.

"I don't want to though. Can you let go? Or I'll call harrassment. Hara-" she tried to say. Nichkhun finally let her go. She walked out of the door, and headed to the right.

______'s POV- Why is it that I had to run into him this morning? Do I have to stay in my villa forever? Become a hermit? In order for me to avoid him?