Chapter Two

Listen to My Heartbeat

Nichkhun and his family left the next day. _____ and Nichkhun still keep in touch. They still visit each other as much as possible. Like when they're on break, or in the summer.

Nichkhun was later scouted by Park Jin-Young to become a trainee for JYPE. He told _____ about this good news through the phone-

Phone Call- Nichkhun to _____.

Nichkhun: Hey. I have some news to tell you.

_____: Is it good?

Nichkhun: Yeah.

_____: Oh, ok.

Nichkhun: I've been scouted by Park Jin Young to be a trainee in JYPE.

_____: Who? JYP?

Nichkhun: He's the CEO of JYPE. It's a record label in Seoul.

_____: Oh. that's good!. .

Nichkhun: I know! I'll be leaving in a week!

_____: Oh. So I won't be able to see you anymore. .

Nichkhun: Yeah, that's what I want to talk to you about.

_____'s POV- This is the part when we break up. I just know it. I have that gut feeling.

Nichkhun: I don't know how long I'll be a trainee there. When I'll debut and be successful. I'm not sure at all. So I-

_____: I'm happy for you Khun. Wish you the best. Bye.

*She hung up*

Nichkhun tried calling her back, but she didn't answer. He texted her time and time again, but she didn't reply. He didn't know why, he didn't even get to finish what he wanted to say. He wanted to tell her that he's sorry. That he loves her.

_____ looks at her cellphone wallpaper. (Their couple picture taken a few weeks ago) She kisses that picture. A teardrop slowly fell down her cheeks.

_____'s thoughts- What's left for me to do? Avoiding and pretending as if nothing happened is better. Because I have a very bad feeling about that conversation. That he will tell me he's sorry. That he has to leave, and that I should try to move on. I don't want to hear that.

She changed her number. She deleted her email. She had done everything so that Nichkhun can never keep in touch with her.

2 months later-

_____'s POV- I wonder if he's doing fine over there. I really miss him, How I wish I could hear his voice.

She went to her relatives in Washington that summer.

During _____'s family visit to Seattle, she met Park Jaebeom, a funny and outgoing guy at her relatives' house party. He was a relative's friend's nephew. _____ didn't really like him at first. She thought that he was a jerk. She was wrong. Her friend was the one who actually introduced _____ to Jay. They got to know each other. And instantly clicked and became friends. Jay unlike Nichkhun, auditioned for JYPE. He was chosen out of the thousands, and is also leaving for South Korea. It seems as if anyone that she became close with, leaves. Friend or boyfriend. .