-two-

Golden Girls

Miyeon had been on high alert for the weeks following the incident. She couldn't let anything happen to her wife and future child. 

 

"Myeon!!" Miyeon was awoken by her frantic wife. "What's wrong? Is someone in the house?" Shuhua shook her head biting her lip hard. "My water broke she's-" her words were cut off as she had an intense contraction. "oh... I'll call Minnie!" 

 

I'm the years since finding out her best friend was a super hero and constantly in danger Minnie had become a doctor. And an extremely good one at that. She was one of the fastest student in her entire course to graduate as she had a remarkable ability with helping people. Miyeon looked at the time as she picked up the phone to call Minnie. 

 

After three rings a groggy and even deeper than usual voiced Yuqi answered. "What do you want? It's four in the morning." Miyeon sighed. "I want you two to get over here stat it's the baby she's coming." As the words left Shuhua could be heard groaning. Her fingers grabbed onto Miyeons arm as she squeezed through the pain. Miyeon noticed how she felt even stronger than normal. 

 

"Cho Miyeon if you don't go get me something to make this feel better we're getting a divorce." Miyeon widened her eyes. "What am I supposed to get you? Minnie's bringing the epidural and Yuqi." Shuhua glared at her. "Go get them then! and get Soojin and Soyeon Unnies while you're at it." Miyeon nodded and kissed her forehead quickly getting out of bed. "I'll be back soon!" She took off running twords the Thai and Chinese womens house. 

 

After about fifteen minutes Miyeon appeared carrying a half asleep Soyeon. "I told you I have to pee you idiot!" She hit Miyeon on the shoulder as she let her down stomping to the bathroom afterward. Soojin sat beside Shuhua trying to soothe her as another contraction hit her. "She went to bed late she's grumpy." She looked apologetic. "So I should go make coffee or we all die." Yuqi made her way to the kitchen. 

 

Miyeon on the opposite side of Shuhua both her and Soojin taking a hand. Shuhua squeezed hard as she felt another intense pain. "Ow ow Shu when did you get so strong!?" Soojin pulled away her hand. Miyeon bit her lip. "Might be my fault... Well the baby's fault so mine by extension." Shuhua looked confused. "What did you do to me?" Miyeon bit her lip. "I wasn't sure it would happen... But Minnie and I talked about it... We thought there was a chance that you might develop powers from having my baby in you..." She played with her fingers. 

 

Shuhua looked at her holding her hand tightly squeezing it when she felt another contraction. "That explains some things. Any idea if they last? Or how strong they are?" Miyeon shook her head. "I don't know any other heros to ask." She looked guilty. "I'm sorry my angel." Shuhua rolled her eyes. "Sit behind me and hold my hands so I have something to squeeze instead of breaking Jin unnies hand. Miyeon nodded getting behind her holding her between her legs. "How's this?" Shuhua leaned back into Miyeons chest sighing. "Comfy." She squeezed her hands tight causing Miyeon to bite her lip. 

 

Minnie began to do the necessary checks for Shuhua. After a moment she looked up wide eyed. "Shu it's almost time to push." And so began the long birthing process. After five and a half hours with the help of Miyeon and their friends Shuhua was able to give birth to a beautiful little girl. Everyone left the room but Shuhua Miyeon and Soojin who was cleaning the baby off for them. The baby cried and Soojin chuckled. "Yeah I know I would cry too if I were you. But I gotta get you cleaned up." She put a diaper on the baby and wrapped her in a small blanket before taking her and placing her gently on Shuhuas chest. "I'll go make something to eat you must be starving. Call us if you need anything." She left the room. 

 

Shuhua held the baby close looking at her with so much love in her eyes. "She's here Myeon. Our little girl. Our beautiful little Nari." She looked up at Miyeon and saw her crying. "Myeon..." She took Miyeons hand and brought it to the baby's back. "You can finally tell her what she means to you." She smiled encouraging her. 

 

Miyeon gently rubbed the baby's back. "I'm so excited you're here littlest angel. I knew you'd be beautiful just like your mama. I can't wait to spend every day of the rest of my life raising you and loving you and watching you grow." She chuckled as more tears ran down. "I know I won't be the best eomma. But I'll be the best eomma I can be. You deserve it. You're gonna grow up so strong. But don't be silly like me and put yourself in danger." Miyeon kept softly talking to the baby as the tired Shuhua fell asleep. 

 

There was a soft knock on the door. "Come in." Miyeon called quietly. Soojin peeked in carrying a tray of food. Miyeon gestured for her to come in. "I could use help actually." Soojin chuckled and sat the tray to the side. She got the baby from Shuhuas chest careful not to wake her so that Miyeon could move out from behind her. "Thank you." She smiled at the other woman as she took the baby. She held her close to her chest looking at her lovingly. "Isn't she beautiful? Nari you're gonna have so much fun with your auntie Soojin." Soojin chuckled. "More like auntie Soyeon Yuqi and Minnie. I'm the boring aunt." Miyeon shook her head. "You remember how her mama was enamored with you for so long. I know you'll be her favorite too. Just don't tell anyone else I said that." She winked. "I'm telling Minnie first." Shuhua mumbled as she woke up. 

 

"Now give me my baby I'm sure she's hungry." She sat up extending her arms. Miyeon gave her the baby and let her feed her. "I'll go tell everyone they can see her soon." She left the room with Soojin. "How is she?!" An excited Yuqi asked looking at the two expectantly. "She's beautiful and tiny and she's healthy." Miyeon smiled proudly. Minnie got up and hugged her best friend tightly. "I'm so proud of you. I honestly didn't think you'd live this long let alone have a baby." 

 

Yuqi punched her arm. "Don't say that! If anything happens we're the ones in charge of Nari. Which by the way I still think Soojin's a better choice. She oozes maternal instinct." Soojin rolled her eyes. "We wont have to find out if it's a good idea or not. Miyeons gonna be extra careful now. Isn't that right Miyeon?" 

 

Miyeon nodded. "Can't leave my angels without me. Gotta be smart. Besides someones gonna have to help Nari when her powers come in." Minnie nodded solemnly. "I know you had a hard time Miyeon. But you won't leave her like that. You're not your dad." Miyeon looked at her and nodded. "You're right I'm not I'm gonna teach her everything. I'm gonna be there to take her to school to her first date to watch her walk cross the stage twice hopefully. I'll even be there to greet the next generation. I have to be." Miyeon looked determined.