-one-

Golden Girls

Miyeon walked into the house a sigh leaving her lips as she knew now Shuhua was fine. She had a few bruises on her cheeks and a cut on her arm. Shuhua heard her and ran out of the kitchen excited. "Myeon I-" Shuhua saw the cut and frowned. "You know you can't be coming in looking like that when we have the baby. She's gonna grow up and have questions." 

Miyeon leaned over and pecked her wife's lips. "And she'll probably have powers too. I'll have to teach her to use them and hopefully... Talk her out of using them like I do." She looked down guilty. "Hey stop it. I'm the one who insisted we use your egg right?" Shuhua lifted her chin and kissed her softly. "She's going to be strong and brave like her eomma. Just hopefully less stubborn." She wrapped her arms around her neck pulling her into a hug. 

The two stood there for a moment in each other's embrace just enjoying the feeling of being close. "Hey Shu..." Shuhua knew exactly what she needed. "Go sit down. I'll get the stuff." She kissed her cheek careful not to touch a cut that she was just now noticing. It hurt her heart to see the woman like this. But that's what you get for commiting to a super hero for the rest of your life. "So tell me how you were on your way home from work and ended up like this." 

"You idiot! That's not what the boss said to do! We were supposed to go in through the back door!" Miyeon heard the argument from afar and began to walk their way. "So what about that massive dog then? Are you trying to be a dog treat? Cause I'm not. So stop nagging me!" He tried his best to climb up to the balcony but ended up falling causing a lot of noise. 

"Would you shut up! You're gonna wake the girl up!" The first man nagged as he smacked his partner on the back of the head. Miyeon watched for a moment trying to take stock of the situation before going in. Nearby people could be heard. Assuming they were civilians she chose to block it out. She stood at the end of the alley for a moment watching them scramble clumsily to get the window open.  "Hey losers. Who's the mark? Did you need help or am I supposed to stand back and watch?" They looked confused but only for a moment as soon they felt the top of Miyeon's foot connecting with their chins. 

"Ow !" One of them yelled. "Come on guys it's time the is here!" Soon they were surounded by about ten men wielding various weapons. One man stood in the center. His thin but muscular frame as well as his redish brown hair and his tall stature all served to make him stand out. His gaze locked with Miyeon's as he gave her a almost bone chilling smirk. "Trying to figure out where you've seen me before?" He tilted his head as he looked at her. "No we haven't met. But you have seen my face. Perhaps on my twin brother Kwangmin? But you don't remember the names of your victims do you?" Miyeon looked bewildered as she kept her defensive stance.  "A victim? What are you talking about?" She scoffed. "You're the ones who have victims. I'm the one who saves them."

He chuckled bitterly. "Oh really? Cause you're miss goody two shoes golden girl? Or should I say your real name? Cho. Mi. Yeon." She widened her eyes. "How did you... That's impossible!" He smirked at her arrogantly. "Easily enough. All I had to do was pay someone to follow you home. From there he could see everything. Your name. Your friends. Your job. And most importantly he saw that little lady you've got at home. The pregnant one." He chuckled. "You're lucky I don't hurt pregnant women." He was quickly shut up by an angry Miyeon who attacked him knocking him to the ground. The other men tried to stop her but soon found that even with ten of them they were powerless against her. She had a certain gleam in her eye that told them this would be a day they would regret for the rest of their lives. Fists to chins and knees to shins. Several horrifying cracks were heard as one by one Miyeon broke several of the men's bones. She only stopped when she heard another person coming her way. She looked up to meet their eyes and she watched them approach. It took her a moment but soon she recognized them. "Miyeon unnie?! Are you okay? What happened?"

As the adrenaline wore off it was suddenly replaced by a burning pain all over her body. There was no way she could do anything for a few days. "Soyeon? What are you doing here? You need to go it's not safe around here." She tried to stand up and run off but a small hand on her wrist stopped her. "Unnie you need to change. If someone sees you in that suit they'll know who you are and where you live." Miyeon nodded numbly and quickly changed out of her suit. She then cleaned the blood from her knuckles. She alerted the police and left quickly barely even taking a second to look back at the he younger woman. 

Shuhua cupped her cheeks. "They knew your name? That's..." Miyeon nodded. "Bad very very bad." Shuhua sighed. "I know what you're going to say and don't you dare say it." Shuhua said seriously. "Baby I-" Shuhua glared at her. "I said no Cho Miyeon. I said no when you said it the first time and I'm saying no now. I am not going to leave you." Miyeon looked down. "If you get hurt because of me... I couldn't bear it..." Shuhua sat beside her holding her hand. "Well then you'll just have to protect me. I am not leaving you. Got it?" Miyeon nodded and pulled Shuhua into her lap. She held her even though every single part of her body was burning with pain. She couldn't let her go. If she did she couldn't be sure she was safe.

"I will protect you and her Cho Shuhua I promise. I will never let anything happen to my girls." Miyeon kissed her forehead gently. "I love you." She whispered. "We love you too. Come on let me get you doctored up and we can't eat dinner and go to bed early." Miyeon nodded. "That sounds great." She let Shuhua go finally her heart sinking a bit. Shuhua then gently cleaned her cuts and applied bruise cream where it was needed. She pulled up the woman's shirt and winced as she saw a huge bruise. "Myeon next time don't get hit." Miyeon chuckled causing a bit if pain. "I think my rib is broken..." 

Shuhua finished taking care of Miyeon and brought a plate to the living room. "Here we'll share." She held up a bit of food at the end of the chopsticks to Miyeon. "You don't have to feed me..." Shuhua rolled her arms. "You'll be in pain trying t ok eat alone now take the food." Miyeon did as she was told. Shuhua continued feeding her til she said she was full then ate the rest. "I'll help you change." Miyeon looked her in her eyes and teared up a bit. "I'm sorry..." Shuhua shook her head. "Yeah I hate it. It watching you being hurt like this. But you do what you do because you have a big heart. And your big heart is what I love most about you remember? I'll just have to keep taking care of you like the good wife I am." She smiled softly wiping the nearly formed tears from Miyeon's eyes before they could fall. "Now come on it's bed time I think someone could use some snuggles." She smiled helping Miyeon up and to the room.