the tattoo

The Worst Flavor of Guy

hey everyone, sooo.... I thought when I left my 9-5 I'd have tons of time and energy to update my fics, but all of the sudden I got a social life? Huh? So um yeah, this is me saying sorry for the lack of updates. They may come a little slower than they were before but I would never ever abandon a fic entirely so don't worry! More updates are coming! Anyways...enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Can I tell you a secret?" Kun had said to Ten one day during their lunch, being quiet, leaning in slightly. Ten forced himself to not assume a single thing and nodded. "I've always secretly wanted a tattoo." 

"Really?" 

Kun nodded. "I know it'll decrease my job prospects, but you know, I could always put it somewhere not visible, and with today's changing market it's becoming so much more common that maybe it wouldn't even matter in a few years-" 

"I could do it for you," Ten spoke up, despite himself. "I-I mean, if you like my art style, of course. I could also always refer you to someone who might better suit what you want-" 

"No way. I mean, seeing yours was what convinced me to even consider the idea." 

"O-oh," Ten answered in a stupid little breathy voice. 

It was that conversation and Ten's stupid little breathy voice that filled his head as he sat at his dining room chair, Kun in the chair beside him, on a Saturday afternoon. Yes, Kun was at his ty apartment slash makeshift tattoo studio, here to get a tattoo. From Ten. How had things come to this?

"It's...beautiful," Kun said, stopping Ten's thoughts in their tracks as he held the sketch Ten had prepared to the light. "It's perfect." 

"You did ask for a bird," Ten answered. 

"You think it's cheesy, don't you..." 

"No?" Normally Ten was a good liar, but he was having a hard time with it now. 

"But a lot of people get bird tattoos." 

"Well...that is true." 

"This might make it even cheesier, but...I've always wanted to fly," Kun spoke as he contemplated Ten's sketch. "That's why I skydive; why I learned to fly a plane...I've just wished I could fly, so bad. Just...fly away from the life that was laid out before me. Fly away from myself. Fly in the other direction." 

Ten exhaled and nodded; a bird didn't sound quite so corny anymore. "Yeah. I get it." 

"So...where do we begin?" 

Ten grinned. "Follow me." He led Kun over to the ancient dentist's chair in the corner of his room that he'd thrifted for this very purpose and patted the torn and faded faux leather. "Have a seat." Slowly, a little nervously, Kun slid into the chair. "How big do you want it?" 

"The size of your sketch is good." It was a couple of inches wide and tall. Ten spared Kun a brief glance; he'd done a good job with the sketch. It really suited him. 

"And what placement were you thinking of?" 

Kun chuckled. "Here." He rubbed his hand on the top of his ribcage, just beneath his pec. "That way I can keep it hidden." 

How was Ten supposed to function and be a normal good friend slash tattoo artist to Kun when he was shirtless?

"Th-that spot does hurt a lot."

Kun grinned like he had no idea what he was doing. "I'm aware." 

"Alrighty then." Ten cleared his throat and attempted to clear his mind. "Ready?" 

Kun laughed nervously. "Ready as I'll ever be." 

And Ten looked pointedly away, carefully setting things up as Kun peeled off his shirt, tossing it to the other side of the room. Just the sight of Kun's rumpled shirt in the corner kinda sorta drove Ten crazy. 

But Ten took another deep breath, cleaned off the area, and got to work. 

Every ounce of Ten's brain power was concentrated on doing this pretty tattoo and not going absolutely insane. But...it was really hard. Ignoring the fact that his (he had to admit it now) crush was shirtless in his home, it was pretty difficult to get a good angle for this tattoo. Being off to the side and trying to reach over the ty armrest, or leaning super far forward, just wasn't working well. 

After a while with no progress, he sighed. He'd given tattoos around this spot before, but then, he'd just straddled whoever he was tattooing, as they were either a friend or someone he was hooking up with. 

But with Kun, it wasn't different. He couldn't just straddle him, right? 

Ten sighed. He had to do it. As much as he didn't (or did, but didn't want Kun finding out he did) want to do it, it was the most professional thing he could do. 

"Um...is it okay if I kinda, um, sit on you? It'll be the best way to do it..." 

"Oh yeah, sure, of course," Kun said so casually that Ten could have died. Avoiding eye contact, Ten adjusted himself until he was sitting square on Kun's lap. 

Of course he had a very comfortable lap. It kinda felt like where he was meant to be. He channeled half of his brain power into willing himself not to pop a and used the other half to keep working. 

Ten could feel that something had changed. He could hear and feel the inhale and exhale of Kun's breath beneath his fingers with his hands on his chest, speeding up with every movement. Subconsciously, Kun's hand had made its way to rest on the dip of Ten's waist, holding him steady, holding him there on his lap. Ten's eyes were glued to this tattoo, but he could feel Kun's darting between his face and anywhere else, like he couldn't control himself. 

Wait. 

. He was starting to lose control. He couldn't help himself, but there was no way he was going to up something that would be on Kun's body permanently just because he was . He pulled the tattoo gun away and took deep breaths, in and out, attempting to steady himself. 

"Are you okay?" Kun asked, and his voice sounded as breathless as Ten felt. 

Ten finally managed to look up at Kun's devastatingly handsome face. "Yeah." He smiled slightly. "I'm okay." 

As soon as they finally made eye contact, it was like they couldn't pull away. Locked together, like Kun sitting under Ten's legs, an invisible force pushing them together, as it had all along. 

Ten wasn't sure who leaned in first. All he knew was that after a desperate few months Kun's mouth was finally on his. Both masters of self-control, things started out soft and gentle, but being on Kun was driving him absolutely insane so he pushed closer. And Kun pushed right back, leaning forward to capture Ten's lips on his, the build-up that had begun upon their first meeting finally being released; the dam broken. 

"," Ten whispered, violently pulling away. Kun just took a shaky breath. "W-we need to stop." 

"Mmh," Kun protested. 

"I'm gonna up your tattoo." 

Kun sighed. "Okay. When you're done." 

Oh my god this wasn't the end oh my god oh my god oh my god "Yeah. When I'm done." 

So impossibly, Ten returned to the task at hand. 

Turning his mind into a tunnel of focus, the moments of finishing up Kun's tattoo seemed to pass in a blur. He wasn't sure how much time had passed when it was finally done. It took everything in his power to let Kun get a glimpse of it before getting right back on him. 

"Is it done?" 

Ten looked up at him and nodded with a grin. The shiver the ran down his spine at Kun's eye contact felt different. 

Ten took a picture with his phone and let Kun see up close. Slowly, his expression blossomed into a bright smile. 

"It's perfect." Ten just watched him zoom in and out of the picture, sparing glances down at where it laid on his own chest. Ten hoped Kun couldn't feel the fluttering of his heart, seeing the way Kun's eyes sparkled looking at his art. 

"L-let me wrap it up." Ten grabbed some cling plastic and gently wrapped it around Kun's waist, taking every chance he could to feel on his skin. As soon as it was done, they made shaky eye contact. 

"It's perfect," Kun repeated, his voice much lower as he slammed his lips on Ten's. 

It felt too good, it felt too right. Kun pulled Ten close on the chair, hips grinding together, hands tangling and tugging in each other's hair. Before Ten could even register he was kissing Kun's neck and peeling off his own shirt and Kun's mouth was immediately on the mess of tattoos that covered his chest. 

"I've barely been able to contain myself," Kun practically growled against Ten's stomach, hurriedly ing his jeans. Ten felt himself twitch. "Ever since you mentioned it...god, Ten. All I've wanted were to see those damn tattoos on your legs." 

Ten shivered and grinned. It would be a pleasure to show him. 

~~~~~~~~~~

And a pleasure it was. Ten felt the smile permanently etched onto his lips as he and Kun laid in his messy bed together, the tattoo only one hour old, still immersed in the pleasure. It was everything he thought it would be. Maybe better. 

He turned to Kun, reaching his hand out for some cuddles, maybe, but stopped himself in mid air. Kun was laying on his bed, emitting hefty sighs, face buried into his pillow. Ten felt anxiety beginning to burn in the pit of his stomach. 

More hesitantly than before Ten reached out his hand, asking for nothing more than to gently Kun's back. Kun shivered a little, but he didn't move away. Ten decided to take it as a good thing. 

"Is everything okay?" Ten asked, high pitched and quiet. 

Kun sighed again. "A lot of stuff would make sense if I was gay." 

Ten couldn't explain it, but he felt his heart sink and his stomach drop. He released a sigh of his own and swallowed thickly. 

"It's okay," Ten managed to answer. "You can take your time."