Chapter #???: Through the eyes of the one who sees all pt.1

Welcome to the chaotic story of Life and Death living in one roof
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Your humans like each other". Lira looked at a crow perched atop a tree. She huffed at the crow then laid her head on her paws. Lira isn’t an idiot. She knows her two “humans” like each other. She seen it first hand after all. How they dance around one another, saw the soft smile and soft gaze being thrown when the other isn’t looking and all those soft touches and tender moments the two often share but it’s not like she can tell them to just stop dancing around one another and kiss. She’s only a dog after all.

 

Dogs are amazing. They are cute and fluffy, they do all sorts of ridiculous things that make us laugh, they are known as man’s best friend and most importantly they are intelligent. The thing is dogs are deceptively smart. Dogs understand so much more than we give them credit for. They are adaptable, they feel emotions albeit not as complex as what humans feel and it’s mostly instinctual but they still do, and more often than not dogs get to see, hear and feel things that not everyone can or blatantly ignore. Even so not every dog is smart and adaptable but for dogs like Lira who've been abandoned and had to live in the streets for a couple weeks they had to be.

 

The moment Lira met Wendy she immediately had this inkling feeling that this human is different from everyone she’s met so far. Straight away she knew that this human is not to be messed with. Something about her screams powerful. Her gut screams at her that this human is different. Lira doesn’t know whether that difference is good or bad but she'd rather be safe than sorry and so she snarls, growls and barks at the human with all her might trying to deter her from coming closer. But all the human did was smile at her softly with a hint of amusement in her eyes. The human smiled even more when Lira barked even louder at her. Unfazed by this the human took a tiny step closer to Lira then kneeled down to Lira’s height.

 

“It’s okay little one. I’m not gonna hurt you. I just wanna help”. The human spoke softly to Lira beckoning her to come closer. But Lira didn’t budge, opting to squeeze herself further to the corner she’s currently trapped in. She just wants the human to leave her alone. With that in mind Lira decided to make a one last ditch attempt at deterring the human from coming closer to her. She made a faux bite attempt when the human decided to try and reach for her. Lira’s attempt worked for a bit. A flash of shock went across the human's features for a split second, her hand stopping in mid-air before her feature softened to a smile again and she retracted her hand. “You’re quite feisty, little one”

 

Lira was about to do something else when lightning flashed across the sky. Frightened by the loud noise, Lira curled up into a ball and started whimpering. “Not so feisty now huh?”.

 

Lira was then picked up by Wendy but this time instead of fighting back Lira just melted at Wendy’s warm touch. “Don’t worry little one you don’t have to worry about being in the streets anymore”

 

Had you told Lira that time that after this encounter she’d witness the most cliche love story ever, she would’ve scoffed at you.

 

Irene can’t help bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter