Chapter #???: Intro to hot chocolate, encounter with jealousy, and a destroyed toaster

Welcome to the chaotic story of Life and Death living in one roof
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Today Wendy decided to take Irene to a town near her- their cottage. She figured that maybe it's time for Irene to meet other people other than her. That and she needs to get a new toaster since Irene broke the one she had at home.

 

Yep. Death incarnate destroyed her toaster.

 

Apparently Death has never really been exposed to human technology such as a toaster, hence why when the poor little machine had made a dinging noise signalling that it has done its job, it startled Irene who's never really encountered a toaster in her entire life. The next thing Wendy knew, a knife was embedded at the side of her toaster courtesy of a startled Irene's fight or flight reflex.

 

While Wendy is slightly miffed about her now destroyed toaster the situation did bring forth laughter from her when Irene grabbed her and stood in front of her in a protective and defensive manner whilst pointing another knife at the destroyed toaster as if said toaster can hurt her.

 

And if Wendy notices Irene's protectiveness of her, she never points it out.

 

When the two of them got into the town, Wendy told Irene that they should first get coffee before going grocery shopping and getting Wendy that new toaster to replace the one Irene broke out of fright. Irene argued with her that she was not frightened by the toaster but merely surprised by it, but Wendy would not hear her excuse and would just laugh at Death incarnate every time she would defend herself for being scared by a harmless toaster.

 

Wendy was just happily talking about her supposed ‘planned date’ for the whole day and what coffee Irene would probably love to try while walking but then; 

 

“What’s coffee?” Irene asked softly, her head was slightly tilted to the side, eyes sparking with curiosity and confusion.

 

Wendy's steps immediately stopped in her tracks when she heard what Irene had said, her action resulted in Irene bumping into her. Irene, who was confused at the sudden stop, looked at Wendy weirdly while Wendy just slowly turned her head to Irene, shock and horror written clearly in her face. Irene, who has no idea what’s happening whatsoever, just continued to look at Wendy and her horrified reaction.

 

‘Did I say something wrong’. Irene thought to herself.

 

Irene was about to open to ask if she said something wrong when Wendy decided that it was the perfect timing to snap out of her shocked stupor.

 

“Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter