Act 2

날 그만 좋아해 (Stop Liking Me Too Much)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's note: SORRY FOR MIA! :(

 

***

 

(The Next Day)

 

My phone’s alarm rang loudly. 

 

I groaned in displeased and buried my face deeper against my pillow. 

 

I barely can sleep last night. Too many thoughts running in my head and most of them weren’t really pleasant. 

 

I checked my phone and saw so many missed calls from my manager. 

 

Weird, I thought. 

 

Usually Aeri unnie would just barge inside my apartment because she knows the passcode anyway to unlock the door. And wait for me in the living room as she makes herself cozy and comfortable on the couch. But why she didn’t do that today?

 

So I called her back. 

 

“Aeri unnie? Is everything okay?” I asked as soon as she picked up the call. 

 

“Minjeong-ah, go get yourself ready. Quick! We need to get you check immediately. Earlier this morning, we got the news that Jimin-ssi is positive.”

 

I freezed for a moment there and unconsciously held my breath. 

 

Jimin unnie is confirmed positive? Is she okay?

 

“Is she okay?” Is the first thing that I blurted out next. 

 

“I’m not sure. I haven’t heard much about the news aside from her being confirmed positive. But are you okay?”

 

My answer came out almost immediately. 

 

“It depends. I’ll be okay if she’s okay.” 

 

And I heard Aeri sighed. 

 

“Not that, you lovesick puppy. I mean your body condition as of now? Do you feel any symptoms? Fever? Flu? Cough? Sore-throat? Dizziness? Anything??” Aeri impatiently asked, spitting fire like a professional rapper. I always know that she got the talent to be one. 

 

“Whoa whoa, slow down, Uchinaga-san. You start to speak in rapper language and I have a difficulty to follow. But okay I got your questions. I feel normal, so far. Just sleepy.” I said, stifling a yawn.

 

“Ah good then. I’m already in the basement. Come down anytime you’re ready. We’ll get you check.”

 

“Okay, unnie. Give me 15 minutes to get ready. But is it okay for you to share the same car with me? I don’t want to endanger you.”

 

“It’s okay. It’s my duty as your manager.”

 

“How about you drop the car keys in the lobby and I’ll drive by myself?”

 

“Would that be okay?”

 

“More than okay. C’mon, it’ll make me feel less restless and guilty if I’m indeed positive too. Please, unnie?”

 

“Tsk. Fine. I’ll meet you in the lobby in 15 minutes.”

 

***

 

Finally I’m done with the test. 

 

What a long day. 

 

But Thank God the result is negative.

 

On my way back from hospital, I decided to call Jimin unnie. I finally have the time to call her. 

 

“Hello?”

 

Damn, her voice is so strained. 

 

“Unnie, are you okay?”

 

“Wow. Glad you still remember me. Guess I must be dying first huh for you to contact me? After ignoring my calls and texts.” She sounded hurt. 

 

Guilt started to eat me up alive. 

 

“I’m.. I’m sorry.  I—I had a bad day. And I didn’t feel like talking to anyone. Sorry if I shut you out.” I said, half-lying. I’m indeed had a bad day, days. 

 

“Am I just anyone to you, Kim Minjeong?”

 

I gulped thickly. 

 

No. 
You’re my world. 
 

If only I have the guts to tell her that. 

 

“Unnie.. I’m sorry. I really am. I just don’t want to wrongly vent my anger on innocent people, to you.”

 

Jimin unnie was never at fault. It was all my mistake for falling and then not able to control these stupid feelings. 

 

“Okay. But don’t shut me out ever again. You don’t know how worried I am. I thought something serious happened. I thought I did something to you that I’m not aware of, that make you this mad at me. I was so scared, Minjeong-ah.”

 

“Scared? Of what?”

 

“Of you hating me. That thought really scared me.” She sounded so vulnerable. And I mentally kicked myself again to made her like that. 

 

“A-ah. I will never hate you, unnie. I promise." I seriously said to her. 

 

I can never hate you, even if I try to. 

 

I might resent you for awhile, for the things that happened that wasn’t even your fault to begin with, but I will never ever have the ability to hate you, Yu Jimin. 

 

Because I like you too much. 

 

I love you, that’s why. 

 

“Glad to hear that.” She softly whispered out. As if she’s talking not to me, but to herself. 

 

“So, ahem, how’s your condition, unnie?”

 

“Just some coughs from time to time and sore-throat. And a slight fever. Aside from those, I’m good. How about you? Have you get yourself tested?” She asked, voice filled with worries. 

 

“Ah yeah. I just got my result. It’s negative.”

 

“THANK GOD!” She dramatically exhaled in relieved.

 

“Yeah, thank God.” I chuckled. 

 

“I was so so worried that I will bring this stupid virus to people around me. You and Jongin oppa always have the scene with me. I’m so relieved to know that you is not infected. I heard Jongin oppa is negative too.”

 

Him again. I frowned. My mood dropped in instant as soon as I get remin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter