Act 1

날 그만 좋아해 (Stop Liking Me Too Much)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“날 그만 좋아해.” With my cold-piercing eyes, I looked at her right in the eyes, warning her. 

 

I can see her smile slowly faltered, followed by pained expression. 

 

“W-What?”

 

“Stop. Liking. Me.” I repeated word by word, with my face remained stoic all this time. 

 

“I-I can’t. I’m your fan, Go Yurim.”

 

“And I don’t care.” I spatted and left the room. Didn’t forget to pushed her out of my way with my shoulder. 

 

She winced in pain and I couldn’t care less. 

 

*bang* I harshly closed the door behind me. 

 

“Annddd cut!” The director said from behind the camera. And I ran back inside the room as fast as I can. 

 

“Unnie! Jimin unnie are you okay??” I worriedly checked on her. 

 

She shook her head and smiled at me, so prettily, that my heart skipped a beat, like always. 

 

“I’m okay, Yurim-ah. Oh sorry, I mean, Minjeongie.” She playfully said, poking my cheek with her long-slender index finger. 

 

She tried to reassure me but I’m still not fully convinced. 

 

“I’m so sorry. Did I push you too hard? I wanted to make it just in one cut. If I failed to make it look real in one try, we will need to repeat that scene. And I don’t want to keep pushing you like that.” I frowned. 

 

“Hey hey, it’s okay. I’m okay. You did great, puppy.” She softly caressed my hair. And I instinctively leaned more, liking the gesture, like a puppy indeed. 

 

“But seriously tho, you need to stop liking me too much. 날 그만 좋아해 좀!” She cheekily said.  

 

“Huh? Isn’t that my line?”

 

“Yes. That’s exactly what Go Yurim said to Na Heedo. But in real life, it’s the opposite, right, pup? The irony.” She lowly giggled. 

 

I didn’t debate her. I can’t. 

 

“Psh. Whatever. Steal whatever is mine that you want. I’ll let you. You’re lucky that I like you a lot, unnie.” Is the only thing I can said to her. 

 

“Well, I like you lots too, pup.” She replied, playfully ruffling my hair as she put me into a headlock. Our height difference really give her advantage to easily do this to me.

 

I tried to break free from her hold but she’s taller and stronger than me, obviously. 

 

The crew around us who witness this little wrestling we had just laugh, already get used to our antics.  

 

“You like me as a hoobae, a friend, a little sister. 

 

But I like you more than a sunbae, a friend, an unnie. 

 

The love we have for each other is not the same.” I inwardly added. 

 

My tragic unrequited love. 

 

How it started again?

 

Since the first time I laid my eyes on her. 

 

Even before I get to meet her in person, I was already her fan. 

 

I watched all of her movies; Handmaiden, Little Forest, 1987, Space Sweepers. Her first debut drama, Mr Sunshine. Heck my eyes got swollen so bad for two days because of how hard I cry because of that legendary K-drama. 

 

And so when I heard that I will be working with her, excited is such an understatement. I can’t describe how happy I felt. 

 

I almost couldn’t believe it. I kept asking people around me to pinch me to make sure that I’m not dreaming. 

 

And so fast-forward to the day I finally meet her in flesh. 

 

I came with my company’s car, along with my manager since I’m a girl-group member.

 

But imagine how surprised I felt when I saw her riding her bicycle to our meeting place. 

 

Later I found out that she was always like that. Try her best to be eco-friendly, trying to not cause more damage to the mother-earth that already dying. Adding more reason for me to adore her. Not only as an actress, but also as a person. 

 

And when I first witness the way she act right in front of my eyes, I was enchanted. Falling into her charm all over again. 
 

The way she easily turned into the character she played just in a blink of an eye. She looked so natural. Blinding smile, rich facial expressions. Even when she said nothing, her eyes speak loudly and clearly for her. 

 

From that moment, I know she’s not only my favorite actress, but she’s also my role model. As a rookie actress, I want to grow and become an amazing actress like her someday. 

 

And then we inevitable get to spend a lot of time together. Maybe around 80% of my scene, will always have her with me. 

 

Not to mention we also get the fencing training together before the drama shooting for 3 months. Practicing together, having match against one and another just like what Na Heedo and Go Yurim will have in the drama. 

 

Because of that intense training, we met each other twice in a week. 2 hours in each practice. 

 

She gave me lot of bruises. And I didn’t mind at all. Not only because it’s for the sake of our drama, but also because these bruises are like a reminder, a proof, that I really spent my time with her, my idol, my role model, my secret crush. 

 

I wiped away my sweats, still panting.

 

“Ningning-ssi.” I called out for Jimin unnie’s manager. 

 

“Ne, Minjeong-ssi?”

 

“Could you please give me your company CEO’s number? I want to file a lawsuit against his actress. Yu Jimin keeps giving me these bruises with her sword!” 

 

“Yaaahh~ I’m sorry, okay? You know I didn’t mean to hurt you.” Jimin unnie who sits not too far from me, cutely whined. It’s so unfair how everything she does is either cute or pretty. Sometimes dangerously y too. It’s really not good for my weak heart. 

 

But luckily I can quickly regain my composure and show her my playfulness again. 

 

“If you’re really sorry, you better treat me ice cream every time we meet to compensate the hospital bill for wounding me.” I dramatically said. 

 

“You’re an idol, Kim Minjeong. Don’t you have a strict diet or something?”

 

“Oh ho! Are you trying to run away from your responsibility, Yu Jimin-ssi?”

 

“Tsk. Fine fine. Choose whatever ice cream you like. I just hope your CEO won’t sue me for ruining his artist’s diet plan.”

 

“Honestly, I just want to spend more time with you, unnie. So I cowardly making excuses for you to have a date with me. I’m sorry, I get greedy.”

 

And just like that she became a familiar presence in my life. And I got too comfortable around her. 

 

***

 

I was rehearsing my line and my expression as I look at the pool below me. 

 

It’s so damn high. But luckily I’m not afraid of height. Unlike a certain Yu who—

 

“You okay?” Speak of the devil. 

 

I whipped my head so fast toward that low-feminine voice. 

 

“Unnie! Why you’re here?” I immediately stood up from my sitting position and approaching her. 

 

Before, I was sitting at the edge of the jumping board. I was fine with it, but I know it’s not okay for Jimin unnie. 

 

“I just want to check up on you.” 

 

I gasped. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter