two

Chase
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungwan arrives at the cabin safely with her basket full of drupelets.

With her small left hand she reaches the for the door pull and uses it to open the entrance of their home.

"Mommy, Daddy, Granny, I'm home~" she loudly greeted them while sniffing the flavorful pork broth from the front door.

"Seungwan honey come here" her mother called for her as she raise her ladle and made a motion of back of forth using the utensil, her daughter followed immediately after placing her basket at their table.

"Can you help mommy by watching this?" Miyoung asked while looking back at her child.

"Yes mommy"

"Thank you honey" a peck in a forehead, "I'll just collect some sulfur shelf mushrooms outside okay?"

"Okay" 

After Miyoung had made sure that she can leave her young one for a while by leaving emergency items in times of danger, she took her green cloak and left their house using the backdoor.

Seeing her mother rushing to go outside probably to make their tummy full, Seungwan took the responsibility of checking their food for the night, she took a stool from their table and carried it towards the wood stove, with her petite body, the ten steps made her catch her breath.

When she finally felt her breathing went back to normal, she climbed the stool and stood up to reach their cooking range. As her left hand held the countertop for support, her right hand held the ladle and she started stirring the dish clockwise.

The enthusiastic child kept doing it for about a minute or two until she felt the thick smoke coming out from the pot indicating that the meal is already cooked, so she tiptoed to the other side to reach the lid and cover the medium sized cauldron.

She took the fabric that was hanging at the wall and used it to carry the hot container to place it on the wooden surface, then she went down from the tiny chair to take a glass of water and went back to pour it on the burning charcoal.

As if the fire was hurt, it hissed loudly while Seungwan tries to stop it's blaze and the moment it returned to it's real color, she moved away and let the vapor from the timber to vanish. She huffed for a while and waited for her mother's return, now that she's done helping with their meal for the evening.

"I did a great job! mommy would be very happy" her smile reached her ears as she bring back the stool to it's position earlier, "and daddy would be proud of me" with an arrogant walk to the living room she reaches for the radio and does her favorite activity of the day.

"You're listening to Dream radio with your dream dj, Dj Areum~ It's quite chilly these days so everyone you should wear thicker clothing to avoid getting a cold, in this season we usually have a hearty meal with our love ones especially our families, I bet you all enjoyed walking around parks since it's already fall but leaves can be a bit nuisance to drivers am I right?" 

Dj Areum laughe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter