one

Chase
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

September 12, 2001

At a young age Seungwan was exposed to the harsh reality of the world she lives in.

Yet she remained someone with morals because she believed that the good can defeat the bad.

Seunghoon was cleaning his hunting items when his daughter approaches him with a big smile.

"Daddy?"

"Yes honey"

"Can I play outside?"

"But it's dangerous out there-"

"Yah Seunghoon let your daughter do what she wants, right sweetie?" Her mother stops his husband from rejecting the small request. "But remember Seungwannie to never go farther the rocky hills okay?" She lowers down to her daughter's level and kisses her chubby cheeks before waiting for her answer.

"I'll always remember mommy, goodbye~" The little Seungwan brings her small basket and goes on her way.

While humming her short legs walked so carefully to not slip from the muddy pathway, this was her daily routine, going out in the morning and coming home when the sun sets.

Her father always disapproves of her going out instead teaching her how to catch wolves, she knew that her father has this thing called hatred to them but she still can't understand why they have to chase those creatures when they have their own families.

If her mother or grandmother aren't around their cabin, her wishes of being free outside is always refused.

She knows her father knows better but... she just wants to know how it feels to have someone who isn't your family..

Someone who can be with her at things she like...

Someone who can join her in things she enjoy...

Someone who she can rely on other than her parents...

Someone whom she can call a...

Friend

That's right, within seven years of living she never really had someone she can call a friend other than mr. squirrel who only shows up every afternoon, she never really know why there are only a few people living on their area.

She met some but none of them had a lengthy time out there, her mother said they were out for a vacation, her father said maybe they have a hard time living here and her grandmother said they will never come back.

Still she dreamt of knowing how does friends interact and if she won't have any now then she will wait for as long as she can.

While walking down the dirty road the small girl saw a bush full of berries and ran towards it, she tries to pick one and tastes it.

"Hm this tastes sweet" her face changes into a satisfied one as she picks another and puts it inside of her basket, not long after she finds another kind of berry and another until her basket is full of berries and fruits from different sizes and colors.

"I think grandma would love this yellow one because she doesn't need to chew it" she talks to herself while checking each of her newfound edibles, she writes it on her notebook and defines their taste and texture.

She knows that one day this notebook would be very

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter