Hair

Just Me & You

Minho was armed and ready to go. An assortment of brushes, hair ties and accessories littered the bathroom counter in front of him. His daughters hair had grown so long now and she had asked him to style it for her like the other little girls in her class. Minho, never one for turning down a challenge and who also had a very hard time saying no to the puppy eyes staring back at him had stayed up a little after his Husband had gone to bed, to watch several informative videos on how to braid a little girls hair carefully. 

The little girl in front of him bounced around on the chair she was currently sitting on, giggling away as she made faces into the mirror. Minho couldn’t help but to smile as she did this. 

‘I need you to sit still now okay Haerin?’ Minho nodded a little as he looked at the little girls reflection in the mirror. ‘We don’t want to accidentally hurt you.’ 

‘Okay daddy.’ The child known as Haerin responded as she settled herself still again. 

Minho smiled as he picked up a small comb and began to gently run it through soft strands of long dark hair, making sure to get out any knots that had settled in it while she was playing carefully. Satisfied, he picked up a brush to smooth it out before grabbing a tool that the tutorial had told him would be used to seperate the hair into easy, workable sections. Haerin watched in the mirror and giggled as she picked up on her dad’s concentration face. 

Neither of them were aware that Taemin was also standing in the doorway, watching the two affectionately, sneaking a few photos of the moment. His heart would swell and fill with love and admiration everytime he watched his Husband interacting with their daughter. Minho was such a great dad and it really showed in everything that he did for her. 

‘You know..’ Minho started as his fingers carefully worked to start forming the braids in the girls hair ‘I used to do this for your dad too when his hair was longer.’ 

‘Really?’ Haerin asked as she looked at Minho almost with surprise. ‘Daddy had long hair?’ 

‘Mhm he did. It was long and brown just like yours.’ Minho nodded with a smile as he used a hair tie to secure the braid so it wouldn’t fall out again before he attached a ribbon to the end of it. ‘It was really pretty and soft. He used to let me brush it out for him.’ 

‘Where did his hair go?’ She commented, thinking about how Taemin’s hair was much shorter now, a confused look on her face. 

‘He got a haircut, baby.’ Minho chuckled softly as he began to tie in the second braid on the little girls head. 

‘But daddys still pretty!’ Haerin giggled as she squirmed around in the chair again. 

‘Yeah he is isn’t he..’ The taller dad replied as he tied the final braid into her hair and secured it, adding the same cute little pink ribbon as the other side. ‘There. All done. What do you think?’ 

‘Wow! Thank you daddy.’ She grinned as she turned around carefully in her chair to hug Minho’s waist tightly. The 5 year old was delighted with her new hair and couldn’t wait to show it off tomorrow at school. 

‘Okay we might need to fix it a little in the morning before we leave but that’s okay.’ Minho nodded as he helped her down from the chair again. ‘Time for bed now princess.’ 

Minho and Taemin tucked the little girl into her bed and each gave her a kiss, wishing her a good night with sweet dreams. She curled up in her blankets, clutching tightly to a frog plushie that she swears looks like Minho as she drifted off into a peaceful sleep. The two dad’s carefully backed out of the room again and closed the door quietly as they made their way to their own room. 

‘You’re so good with her you know.’ Taemin commented with a sweet smile as he pulled back the sheets on his side of the bed. 

‘You think so?’ Minho asked as he stripped down to his boxers before he climbed into his side of the bed. 

‘I know so. Everyday i’m thankful I get to have a family with you.’ The smaller boy commented as he got into bed. ‘I heard you talking to her.’ 

Taemin picked up a brush from the dresser before he handed it to his Husband who looked a little confused before the younger turned his back to him. 

‘For old times sake?’ He said quietly to him and Minho caught on immediately. 

‘Of course.’ Minho settled himself behind Taemin and began to slowly brush out his hair which wasn’t as long as it used to be but long enough for the taller to give it some loving attention. 

‘I love you, Tae.’ Minho whispered quietly as he placed a gentle kiss onto his Husband’s shoulder. 

‘I love you too, Minho.’ The younger responded quietly as he leaned into the kiss on his shoulder, soaking in this sweet moment with his Husband.