seven

you're a reason

Joohyun always has somewhere to be after school, most of which involves work, but as of late, Seungwan can’t help but feel something is off. The nagging feeling that Joohyun is doing too much bothers her enough, but when Joohyun keeps things to herself, it makes Seungwan feel uneasy. Seungwan is generally self conscious and she can’t help it. While Joohyun has been a good date (they haven’t quite called each other girlfriends), she’s far more experienced in life and relationship stuff that Seungwan can’t help but compare herself. 

Seungwan has high expectations of her work, of others, and of herself. The worst is when she has high expectations of herself, which is why the self consciousness gnaws at her like a rat climbing its way out of the garbage. It’s a gross feeling and Seungwan hates it. 

“I know, I said I’ll be there,” Joohyun says into her phone. Her tone is light and lazy. There’s even a small smile on her face. “I told you I wouldn’t miss it. I can’t stay long—” She affectionately smiles even though she was obviously interrupted and shakes her head. “Don’t worry, I’ve got Taeyeon after.” 

Seungwan feels her heart clench. Her ears perked at the way Joohyun speaks into her phone. The sweet, kind voice that Seungwan often hears before bed is used on someone else. 

“I know, I know. Don’t whine, baby. I’ll see you soon.” 

Seungwan pouts and hugs her books to her chest. The tightness in her chest starts to hurt just because of some stupid pet name. She doesn’t have a pet name. 

Joohyun smiles to herself still and ends the call. She puts her phone in her jacket, ready to leave when she catches Seungwan at the corner of her eyes. She makes her way over with the same smile. 

Usually it makes Seungwan’s heart flutter, but after hearing the brief snippets of conversation, Seungwan just feels her heart hurt. Like a deer caught in headlights, Seungwan pushes up her glasses and turns away from the woman. 

“Seungwan-ah,” Joohyun calls after her. 

Seungwan just makes her way over to her locker to make sure she doesn’t forget anything before leaving for Seulgi’s game. She ignores the gnawing feeling and Joohyun all together, but it’s hard when Joohyun catches up to her. 

“Hey, what’s up?” Joohyun greets as she stands beside Seungawn at her locker. 

Seungwan shrugs, trying to keep her emotions in check. The gnawing is starting to annoy her and Joohyun being near makes her demand it to stop. Seungwan knows better than to give into unpleasant emotions toiling inside of her though. “I didn’t try to get your attention.” 

Joohyun stares at her in confusion. “Is something wrong?” she asks, catching Seungwan’s mood. 

Seungwan shrugs again. “No,” she lies. She really doesn’t want to get upset over this. She overheard only part of a conversation she wasn’t privy to. “I’m fine.” 

“That means you’re not.” 

“I’m fine, Joohyun,” Seungwan bluntly insists. “I have to go.” She turns away from Joohyun before the woman can catch the tears forming in her eyes. She books it out of the school, leaving Joohyun confused. 

Joohyun [15:24]: Did something happen?

Joohyun [15:25]: Are you okay? 

Seungwan knows it’s wrong for her to feel the way she does. Joohyun has been nothing but forthcoming about everything in their relationship. Things that she keeps private are things that Seungwan notices upsets Joohyun, so she doesn’t press. She is patient enough that when Joohyun is willing to talk to her, Seungwan will be ready to listen. 

There are a myriad of reasons why that phone call could’ve happened. Joohyun could’ve been talking to anyone. She could’ve been talking to her sister or her sister’s friend or–who is Taeyeon? Seungwan curses at herself for remembering every detail. It’ll be her downfall because of how much she thinks it over on the ride to Namoo for Seulgi’s game. 

Seungwan isn’t a big fan of big events because she never knows quite what to do with herself. But when she gets there, the first thing that she does is finds the SM team for Seulgi. 

The taller girl is warming up with her team when Seungwan comes over with a case of juice for the team, her driver holding snacks for them as well. 

“Seungwannie!” Seulgi hops over with excitement. She takes the case of juice from her and ushers her over to the team. 

Seulgi’s team is nice to be around because they don’t pay too much mind to her. Before Joohyun came along, Seungwan found herself more at the courts, watching or just being at practice doing homework that she was kind of a regular fixture on their team. Because Seulgi demands her presence at every game, Seungwan never felt right about showing up empty handed and always brought stuff to cheer them on. 

As Seungwan greets everyone on the team with warm reception, someone catches her eyes. 

Across the gym, Joohyun enters, dressed in jeans and a plain black long sleeve t-shirt. She’s being dragged by a shorter girl in uniform with a smile on her face. The young girl’s face is obscured by a mask, but by the way Joohyun smiles as she is being dragged along, they must be close. 

The girl drags her to where the Namoo team girls are huddled around. Just like Seungwan, there’s a warm reception of this girl. But what really gets Seungwan is the way one of the tall girls screams with excitement and breaks from the crowd to hug Joohyun. The tall schoolgirl nearly knocks over Joohyun but Joohyun welcomes her with both arms and is apparently strong enough to pick her up. 

Seungwan frowns, her fists clenching at her sides. She recognizes the sound of the girl’s voice. From picking Joohyun up, to calling her jagiya–

The girl pulls aways from Joohyun and squeezes her cheeks with excitement before hugging her again. When she pulls away Joohyun just smiles at her affectionately and fixes her hair, brushing it out of her face. 

Seungwan feels her heart clench unbelievably hard. The emotions that have been boiling are now bubbling over. She’s not angry. She’s jealous. Because as affectionate as Joohyun is, the affection for this girl seems to be far more than friendly. It’s clear because the brushing of the hair, the smile on her face, and the ease of physical affection. Joohyun looks much closer to this girl than Seungwan at times. How is that possible when they are the one's dating?

Someone yells for Sooyoung and it must be the girl because she pulls away from Joohyun first. Joohyun gives her two fists bumps, up and down and together, and pretends to do a love shot before pouring the empty glasses over their heads and shooting a love bullet at each other. It's a dorky handshake that has them both laughing before Sooyoung jogs back to her team.

The young girl comes back to Joohyun’s side and tucks herself underneath her arm. She points excitedly as the volleyball team gets on the court. They move to the bleachers to take their seat behind the team. 

Seungwan can’t concentrate on the game when her attention is half on Joohyun. She has a million more questions now. Namoo International School isn’t a cheap school. The expenses are according to the district that they’re in and the fact that all classes are taught in both English and Korean. It’s a requirement that all students finish their diploma speaking with English fluency that will let them all easily study abroad. How is Joohyun just casually intimate with a girl from there? Who is that girl? 

“Seulgi! Seulgi! Seulgi!” the crowd from their school cheers for her after diving to block a spike. 

Seulgi is in the middle of getting up when another spike comes. She nearly slips across the ground as she sticks an arm out to save it again. This time the strength of the ball gives SM a chance to spike, earning them the point. 

When Seulgi finally stands she sticks up two fingers as she looks across the court with fire in her eyes. Across the way, the girl, the giant junior is what Seulgi called her, smirks at Seulgi before turning over her shoulder to walk back to her team. 

Seungwan hates how small the world is. 

It’s in the middle of the second match when Seungwan sees Joohyun stand up from the crowd. The young girl hasn’t left Joohyun’s side, but Joohyun says something to her that makes her stay behind. Joohyun steps down to the bleachers and finds the volleyball player and says something to her that makes her nod. She gives her a back hug and the player kisses her cheek before they part. 

Unable to hold back, Seungwan follows Joohyun out of the gym. 

“Taeyeon unnie, you didn’t have to come in,” Joohyun says in the empty halls. 

The woman that Seungwan sees is a woman dressed in a hip leather outfit with peach blonde hair. There are rings all over her fingers of her right hand and in her hands keys to a Maserati. 

“You didn’t hear my first call.” 

“I’m sorry,” Joohyun bows quickly. 

Taeyeon waves her hands. “Don’t bow, you know I hate it when you do that.” 

“Shall we go then?” 

“It’s already bad enough that you work nights, but you’re still at that place?” Taeyeon chides with a shake of her head. “The Parks already gave you enough didn’t they? You don’t need to work this hard. Even your girlfriend can pay for you.” 

“Excuse me?” 

The two women turn to Seungwan. Joohyun is surprised to see the young girl. 

“What is she talking about?” Seungwan can’t contain herself. “What does she mean?” Her hands shake at her side and she clenches her fists to stop it. “The Parks–” She dreads to think of Chanyeol. And how maybe this has all been a ploy. 

Joohyun sighs with annoyance and glares at Taeyeon. She makes her way over to Seungwan. “Whatever this sounds like, it’s not like that.” 

“Then explain it to me,” Seungwan demands. She feels a tremble in her heart. “Explain to me who the Parks are and what they’ve given you.”

“Seungwan,” Joohyun pleas. She steps towards the younger girl, but freezes when Seungwan recoils at her proximity. Her heart sinks at the hurt look on Seungwan's face. “Do you trust me?” 

Seungwan feels a tug in her heart at Joohyun. “I want to. I really want to but–”

Joohyun’s heart sinks even further. 

Suddenly, the doors to the gym open and the sound of the crowd cheering fill the tense hallway. 

The young girl that Seungwan had seen with Joohyun earlier steps out of the doors with her hands covering her mask. Seungwan notices the weak steps the girl takes and rushes to her side to steady her. 

“Are you okay?” Seungwan asks quickly as the girl sinks into her side. 

“Unnie–” She calls before her eyes flutter shut. Seungwan panics and holds onto the girl tightly as her weight causes them both to sink to the ground. 

“Yerim!” Joohyun rushes to them. She kneels quickly and sees the blood under the mask when Yerim’s hands fall to her side. Joohyun takes her sister out of Seungwan’s arms and brings her to her lap, taking off the mask quickly. Taeyeon follows quickly and kneels beside them to help.

Seungwan gasps at the blood running from Yerim’s nose. She freezes while Joohyun doesn’t seem to stop moving. 

Joohyun quickly sits Yerim’s unconscious body up and takes off her long sleeve to bundle up and catch the blood to not mess up her uniform anymore. “Taeyeon, keep her up.” Joohyun commands and Taeyeon quickly holds Yerim up by her back. “Yerim? Yerim-ah?” Joohyun calls quickly, but there’s no response. 

Seungwan feels a sense of panic inside of her and she feels her pockets for her phone, but it isn’t there. She freezes because she doesn’t know what to do.

Joohyun peels open Yerim’s eyes with her fingers, carefully assessing her while the other hand checks the pulse on her neck. She looks around the halls until her eyes land on a clock and counts quietly. “Okay, we need to get to the hospital,” Joohyun says as she scoops Yerim up in her arms. With effort, Joohyun stands up carrying the unconscious girl. 

Taeyeon curses. “Joohyun, I don’t have the right car.” 

Joohyun clenches her jaw. “It’s okay, I’ll find a cab,” she quickly moves down the hall. 

Seungwan’s heart races and she follows Joohyun. “Let’s call an ambulance, Joohyun,” she quickly says. “We should call for help.” 

Joohyun clenches her jaw, she pulls her sister closer to her body. “She fainted, but she’s stable, we don’t need a service. I can’t—” 

“Then let me take her,” Seungwan quickly offers. “My driver is outside. We can go together.” 

Joohyun’s instinct is to turn her offer down. To tell Seungwan she doesn’t need her help. But Seungwan doesn’t look at her with pity or sorrow. Seungwan looks at her with genuine concern and altruism. Even when they were a few phrases from misunderstanding each other, Seungwan cares and Joohyun can’t stop her. She doesn’t want to. 

“Which hospital?” 

Joohyun answers, “Son Memorial.” 

 

Seungwan’s town car isn’t as big as Sooyoung’s but it is perfect for them to sit comfortably. Yerim is still against Joohyun’s side, occasionally responding to Joohyun’s questions, but she’s still barely conscious. Her nose is still bleeding and Joohyun spends her attention trying to contain it. 

Seungwan thinks that Joohyun looks a bit funny, pinching the bridge of Yerim’s nose, but it is most effective. Seungwan knows from being knocked in the face once or twice that Joohyun is doing the right thing. 

Joohyun catches Seungwan’s gaze on her, but she averts her eyes to Yerim. “This is my sister, Yerim. She’s 15 years old this year.” She smiles softly at Yerim. “She’s undergoing chemotherapy, maintenance therapy, because she's been in remission, but her body still gets tired easily and overwhelmed. She begged me to take her to Sooyoung's game because she's been feeling better. I thought she'd be okay if I went to work."

Joohyun doesn't have to say anything more for Seungwan to know that she feels guilty. Her thoughts are loud in the small space. Seungwan almost feels intrusive to know because the way that Joohyun stares at her sister and holds onto her, Yerim is her world. Seungwan admits that she knows nothing of what Joohyun has gone through and what she still goes through. It makes her feel guilty too because even if Joohyun doesn't talk much about herself and holds things close, she's never hidden something that would hurt Seungwan.

Seungwan doesn't know what to say. But she lets Joohyun know she's still there for her by placing her hand on her thigh. After a moment, she feels Joohyun relax under her touch. 

 

The hospital is a daunting place for Seungwan. She hates being there because she's always had a bad aura. The only times she’s been is when someone has died. Her grandparents on both sides. Her cousin after coming back from enlistment. An aunt she was close to. The list probably goes on and it never gets easier. 

Joohyun strangely looks relaxed and tense at the same time. She goes to the booth to register her younger sister that’s finally waking up. Yerim is confused but she stays close to Joohyun as her sister answers all her questions. 

When Joohyun walks them away from the seat, Seungwan is genuinely confused. 

“What’re we waiting for?” she asks as she looks around them. She had sent her driver off to pick up her stuff and let Seulgi know where she was. 

“We have to wait to get called,” Joohyun informs. “They took our triage and now we wait until a bed becomes available.” 

“Has this unnie never been to a hospital?” Yerim whispers not so softly to Joohyun. She peers around her older sister to catch a glimpse of Seungwan. She still holds Joohyun’s long sleeve in case her nose drips. 

“I’ve been to the hospital,” Seungwan feels embarrassed. “I’ve never had to wait, I suppose.” She crosses her arms and pouts in her seat. 

Joohyun just smiles between the two younger girls. “Yerim-ah,” she chides gently. “This is Son Seungwan, she goes to school with me.” 

“Seungwannie?” Yerim asks, catching Seungwan’s attention. Joohyun’s ears turn red as she nods. “Oooh.” She looks at Seungwan again, this time really looking at her, eyes scanning her up and down. 

Seungwan shifts uncomfortably. “It’s nice to meet you, Yerim-ssi.” She holds her hand out to shake. 

“It’s nice to meet you,” Yerim waves, holding her bloody hand to show she won’t be returning the handshake. Seungwan understands, smiling bashfully as she takes back her hand. Without missing a beat, Yerim adds. “So this is your girlfriend.” 

Joohyun’s eyes go wide. “Yahh….” she chides with a threatening glare. Seungwan also feels her cheeks warm. “We haven’t talked about that—” 

Yerim shrugs before putting her head back on Joohyun’s shoulders. “You probably should or she’ll keep pouting.” 

Seungwan blushes as she looks away from the sisters. Joohyun’s ears go bright red. 

“Bae Yerim.” 

The three of them stand up and go to the nurse calling for them. 

They don’t get a room, just being settled in one of the beds in the open. Seungwan doesn’t understand and it must show on her face. 

After Yerim gets changed into a hospital gown and settles on the bed with a nose clip and clean hands, she catches the way Seungwan looks around as if she tries to figure things out. “Oh, this unnie is a chaebol too, isn’t she?” Yerim points out as she sits down. 

Seungwan feels the back of her neck warm. 

Joohyun glances at Seungwan. “Yeah,” she brushes off. She makes sure that the nose clip is in place. “How are you feeling right now?” 

“I feel like that’s my question.” 

They turn to a woman in a white coat making her way over. 

Joohyun stands up straight and bows. “Dr. Hwang.” 

Tiffany clicks her tongue at Joohyun and makes her way over to playfully bop her head. “If you wanted to come see me, you shouldn’t use Yerim as an excuse,” she teases. 

Joohyun’s eyes go wide and her cheeks warm. “No, no! It’s not like that.” 

Yerim giggles. “Hello Tiffany unnie,” she greets with a wave of both hands before reaching out for the doctor. 

Tiffany smiles, her eyes turning into pretty crescents. She brushes Joohyun aside playfully and pulls the young girl in for a hug. “You’re really pale, baby,” she notes with a frown, tone full of affection. She cups Yerim’s cheek and makes her look up. “Before we get started, we are actually moving into a room.” 

“Really?” Joohyun balks. “It’s not necessary. We’re okay here.” 

Tiffany clicks her tongue. “I know you’re okay, but Ms. Park won’t be. She already called.” 

Joohyun shakes her head and groans. 

Seungwan doesn’t know what she’s still doing there. She feels completely out of place when they get into the room. She opts to stay outside to let Yerim and Joohyun have their privacy. She sits awkwardly nearby because she doesn’t know if she should stay or leave. 

Ms. Park won’t be. 

The Parks. 

Seungwan sits back in the chair, letting her head fall back against the wall. She wants to know what’s going on. She wants to talk to Joohyun. It just doesn’t feel like the right time. 

“You didn’t need to come.”

“Well, Seungwan is here somewhere, so I have to find her.” The sound of Seulgi's voice catches her attention and Seungwan picks up her head.

“That doesn’t mean you need to follow me.”

“Well you said Bae Yerim, I’m looking for Bae Joohyun.” 

“So what if you are?” 

“Ugh, I don’t know why I need to explain myself to you.”

“You’re entirely right, I didn’t ask you to.” 

Seungwan watches as Seulgi makes her way through the halls with the tall giant that was hugging Joohyun earlier. They are both still in their volleyball uniforms, red faced as they bicker and make their way over. 

“Seulgi-ah,” Seungwan calls, standing up to meet her friend. 

“Seungwan-ah!” Seulgi returns as she rushes to hug her. 

Seungwan welcomes the hug, feeling comforted by someone familiar. 

“What’re you doing here?” Seulgi asks as she looks Seungwan up and down. “Are you okay? Driver unnie told me you were here, I thought something happened.” 

“I’m okay, it was just Joohyun unnie’s sister.” 

Sooyoung stops in front of the door and looks at Seungwan. “So you’re Son Seungwan.” Her eyes look up and down at her too before she scoffs. “Not much to you.”

Seungwan looks down out of reflex and Seulgi immediately stands in front of her. “Watch your mouth,” she snaps. “What gives you the right to say that?” 

“Don’t forget who I am, Kang Seulgi,” Sooyoung sneers. “You’ll have to deal with me soon enough.” Seulgi nearly lunges at the taller girl, who doesn’t budge. 

Seungwan pulls Seulgi back. “Stop, Seulgi. It’s fine.” 

“But she–” 

“It’s okay, Seul–” Seungwan insists. “She just wants to see them.”

Sooyoung looks surprised for a brief moment before she glares at Seulgi one last time before she has a hand on the door to open. 

The door opens first and Tiffany walks out, followed by the nurse and Joohyun. 

“Oh, Sooyoung, hello,” Tiffany warmly greets.

Sooyoung bows quickly. “Tiffany unnie.” 

“We’ve got a crowd out here,” Tiffany says good naturedly as she looks at the three of them in the immediate vicinity. Joohyun looks surprised to see everyone. “Anyway, Joohyun-ah, we’ll run those labs, do a couple of tests, and get her some fluids. We’ll check back in a little bit. Hopefully, we can get you home soon.” 

Joohyun nods and bows, thanking her over and over. 

Tiffany smiles affectionately and pats Joohyun’s head. “It’s okay. Like I said, Yerim looks good now, which is progress. Let us know if you need anything else.” Joohyun nods quickly and thanks her again. Tiffany squeezes her shoulder to reassure her and sweeps her eyes over everyone. “I’ll get going now.” 

Seungwan feels Tiffany’s eyes linger on her for a moment before she looks back at Joohyun again and takes her leave. As Tiffany walks away, Seungwan can’t help but feel her heart race. This woman is kind and affectionate to Joohyun, who accepts it with such ease. They know each other really well. And she’s ridiculously beautiful that Seungwan feels the green monster lurking inside of her again. 

Her eyes meet Joohyun who stares at her with a tender smile on her face. In that moment, Seungwan feels the wrenching in her chest abate and she returns the smile. 

“You can go now that you’ve found your friend,” Sooyoung interrupts their moment. 

Seulgi growls and snaps, “Yah! Stop being so rude. Don’t treat my friend like that.” 

Sooyoung scoffs in disbelief and she steps to Seulgi with fiery eyes. “I wasn’t talking about your friend. I was talking about you.” She glares down at Seulgi. “You can go.” She emphasizes every word with venom laced in it. 

“You don’t get to talk to me like that either,” Seulgi swallows thickly. “Just because you’re a Park doesn’t mean you can bully people.”

Sooyoung’s lip twitches as she stares into Seulgi’s eyes, the fire unrelenting. If anything her eyes burn even more. “I am Park Sooyoung II, first daughter of Park Sooyoung and Park Minho, heir to Park Conglomerate, and you—” she whispers something in Seulgi’s ear that makes Seulgi start to shake. She pulls back with a tight smile on her face. “I can do far worse than this.” 

Seulgi’s fists clench at her sides as her whole body begins to shake. 

“Alright, that’s enough,” Joohyun suddenly says as she reaches up and snatches Sooyoung’s ear between her fingers and twists. Sooyoung immediately bends over in pain trying to get Joohyun to let go with a bunch of yelps. 

“Unnie, unnie! Stop! Stop! It hurts!” 

Seulgi is shocked. Her steps fall back away from the two. 

Joohyun drags Sooyoung away from Seulgi and turns her towards the door. “Go check on Yerim,” she growls before shoving Sooyoung into the room and slamming the door shut after her. She looks at Seulgi and bows. “I’m sorry for her behavior. I’ll make sure she apologizes.” 

Seulgi is speechless at Joohyun. The hatred she has for Sooyoung passes and she feels grateful for Joohyun suddenly. 

“Seulgi-ssi…” Joohyun calls with concern. “You’re crying–” 

Seulgi doesn’t realize when the tears start to fall. She quickly wipes them away and laughs it off. “No, no! I wasn’t–” she forces out another laugh. “I’m fine!”

Seungwan comes to Seulgi’s side to check on her. She sees the red rimmed eyes and the tears. “Seulgi,” she tries. 

“Thank you, Joohyun-ssi, it’s not necessary,” Seulgi insists as she wipes her eyes. “I’m fine, Seungwan.” She sniffles and wipes her nose. “I should go.” She doesn’t wait for a response before she runs off, leaving them behind. 

Seungwan feels torn, knowing that Joohyun is who she’s here for but Seulgi needs her too. “I–” she hesitates as she steps towards Seulgi and looks to Joohyun pleading. “I want us to talk, but I can’t leave her. I’ve never seen her like this.” 

Joohyun nods in agreement. “I understand,” she says sincerely. 

“I-” “I-”

They share a small awkward laugh. 

“You first, Seungwan,” Joohyun says. 

Seungwan takes a breath. She has so many things she wants to say but doesn’t know where to begin. This isn’t the time for their conversation when so many things are going on. Without thinking she steps forward and hugs Joohyun. 

Joohyun freezes at the sudden hug, but eases into Seungwan’s warmth. Her arms fall over Seungwan’s shoulders to pull her in close. 

It feels right. Even when things are unsaid, this still feels right. They fit together in an undeniable way and that’s comforting enough. 

“I like you, Joohyun,” Seungwan whispers. 

Joohyun hugs her tighter. “I like you too, Seungwan.” She sniffs her hair. “More than you know.” 

Seungwan buries her face in Joohyun’s shoulder. She feels needy, wanting nothing but Joohyun at this moment. In the back of her mind, she knows she needs to go. 

“Can I call you later?” 

Seungwan nods. “I'll wait for you,” she promises. 

 

Seungwan runs out of the hospital quickly. She looks around and finds Seulgi curled up on the bench. The tears streaking her face as she hugs her knees to her chest. Seulgi has always been her protector, the strong bear that stands up when it’s necessary. She’s never seen her best friend look so small. It breaks her heart. 

“Seungwan-ah,” Seulgi pleas quietly.

Seungwan sits down on the bench and pulls Seulgi into her arms to hug. And Seulgi cries. 

 

Seungwan can’t sleep. Not when Seulgi doesn’t speak to her and not when Joohyun hasn’t called. She does all of her homework, hoping that it would distract and tire her out, but it doesn’t. It makes her feel restless when everything is done and nothing has been accomplished. 

It’s just past midnight when she hears her phone buzzing. 

Seungwan feels a sense of relief wash over her and she picks up the phone. “Hello?” 

“Can I see you?” Joohyun asks in lieu of a greeting.

Seungwan’s heart races at the thought of seeing Joohyun. “Are you here?” 

“Mm hmm.” 

Seungwan rushes out of her room and quickly down the stairs. She feels the pebbled ground through her slippers and curses the long driveway. As she gets closer to the gates, she sees Joohyun standing by her bike, wearing her leather jacket over a grey hoodie. Joohyun smiles as she sees Seungwan, but exhaustion is written all over her face. 

Seungwan opens the gate and rushes into Joohyun’s arms. “It’s good to see you.” She breathes in the comforting smell of lavender that she's come to associate with Joohyun. 

Joohyun chuckles, chest vibrating against Seungwan's as she hugs her back. “It’s good to see you too.” And she breathes Seungwan in, feeling equally as comforted.