Chapter One

Nobody Knows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It begins from the some stupid decision and reckless act of my friends after I told them about this prestigious academy wherein my cousin is studying. We are very curious and very intrigued at the same time the rushed of our excitement and beyond thrilled plotting our bizarre mission. As if we have a lot of time fooling around and we felt we don’t need to be bother of our current lives. I met him after 3 years of neglecting and saying always no to our family gathering that is yearly celebrated. My relatives eyed me some are genuinely curious and some are seems shock to my physical appearance. Who wouldn’t, the last memory I’m with them is already blurred in my mind and I barely picture of it. Smiling to the elders answering their common questions like my age, school, hobby and even my love life all I can give them is my raw smile and awkward laugh. I am already exhausted. I’m not being the ugly duck I can’t really seem to enjoy this kind of gathering. After the felt like battle of not rolling my eyes I am at last seating at the hammock away from the loud chatters and annoying voices of the little devils of my cousins, facing the sun, orange, yellow, pink and lilac hues combined scattered at the sky. Holding my phone and scrolling to my friends update from their gateway weekend. I supposed to be there but here I am seating like for 2 hours? My is already numb. The sudden dryness of my throat finding the iced orange juice that I bring with me is now where to be found. The wooden folded table is left only filled by the moist from the glass. From The sounds of slurping the remaining drink and the clatter of ice cubes I abruptly stand and swing my face to my right side.

“Hey! That’s mine.”

He mimicked my words in a most annoying tone and put back the empty glass in table. This is the most I hated, annoying cousins.

“You know there’s a lot inside, you can refill it there’s no right to be mad.” He lazily stretched his body and comfortably lay in ‘my hammock’.

This kid he’s more annoying than before I crossed my arms and I glared at him.

“Wow really? Why don’t you do it for yourself instead of stealing my orange juice you greedy noob.”

He’s now sitting and facing towards to me he’s face is blank that made me think twice why I said those words did I cross the line? Ha, he’s the one at fault in the first place. But instead he just smiled and then laugh afterward like there is no tomorrow. What a crazy!

I don’t know how but we were like talking for hours and catching up like a super close cousins and based from his stories one particular part catch my attention.

“Are you in? It’s up to you I am just suggesting and you might enjoy it too. Y’know we are already in our last years in high school it wouldn’t hurt if we made our stay enjoyable and some thrilling twist right?”

“What am I to you a, clown? And I have my own life.” what a ridiculous plan I frown at him.

“Let me guess. She dumped you and you want to get your revenge by asking my precious hand and time, who are you again?”

He scoffed “Me? Hwang Hyunjin? Will be dump ha! I might dump them not with me. You could just say no because you are too coward and boring. I thought the ultimate Hwang Yani is believe to be fear by everyone and have respectably reputation in your school of yours maybe my informant are wrong. Because you clearly not.”

I clenched my fist and I’m itchy to punch him directly to his face I want to erase those annoying smile of him. I’m not dumb I know he’s just provoking me to pull that damn bait of him. Yet I am stupid to take it like a fish in the pond no matter how they refuse it’s like magnet you can’t resist.

“You know I’m up to whatever you were saying because you are extremely wrong I am not coward and boring.”

He smiles wider celebrating his victory. He clasps his hands and taps my shoulder.

“I knew it! I can really depend to you my favorite cousin. And just you said you are not coward and boring”

What a fake.

“So what’s the deal?” behind my lazy voice I am eager and curious of it.

He motioned that I need to lean to him so I lend my ears and focus to his evil plan.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter