Chapter 1

[The Night Has Come ]

Obsession…

It’s a crazy feeling where the person wants the other to be his or hers only. An obsessed person always thinks of having the beloved one on his or her side all day.

For the person who is in love, the other’s needs are given prominence. Whereas, an obsessed person gives more importance to his or her needs. Love is something that makes one feel good. Obsession makes one look like an idiot.

Obsession, is shrouded with jealousy.

 

Currently, someone filled with jealousy is drinking an alcohol alone in a bar. She doesn’t even care if people are recognizing her, for her, she needs to drink so her thoughts will stop for a while but instead…

“Minatozaki Sana! What does she have that my Momo is only talking to her?” Her anger is getting stronger as the alcohol is getting into her. “I’m better than her. I’m prettier than her, and I’m definitely more of a use than her. I probably know Momo better than her, so I don’t understand why!” She suddenly slammed the wine glass on the counter table, shocking almost who heard and saw her doing that.

“Why do Momo won’t talk to me? I’m Im Nayeon. I’m… better than anyone here.” She said to herself furious on that thought, her hand is bleeding, pieces of glass are stuck on her hand but she doesn’t even feel any pain out of it. She put her hands up staring at the blood continuously dripping on her palm, it’s bleeding nonstop, and the people around can only hiss on pain as Nayeon clenched her fist hard. Girls can’t even look properly as she does that, but then Nayeon hurting herself was stop as someone reaches her wrist, she immediately looked at the person who’s interrupting her, seeing a person she didn’t actually know but think is suspicious.

“Let go.” Nayeon told her, trying to get her hand back to her but she can’t, since this person is stronger than her right now that’s she’s drunk.

“I won’t let you go.” This person pulled Nayeon to her that made to Nayeon unwillingly stand. “Unless you agreed to go with me. I will treat your wound.” Nayeon scoffs, taps her hand away to this suspicious girl who has been around her since the class started.

“Who are you anyway? I don’t think you should be caring about me.” She asked, sarcastically, and the girl looks around, saw how many people are judging them right now. She sighs, thinking that she can only force Nayeon right now.

“I know you. That’s what matters. If you didn’t know me then I will be introducing myself.” She took Nayeon on the wrist again, “Yoo Jeongyeon, that’s my name. Is that enough? Now let’s go…” And pull Nayeon with her out of the bar. Nayeon tried to resist of course, but before she knows it, she was already thrown inside the car.

“What do you want from me?” Nayeon immediately asked as Jeongyeon enters her car. “I know you’re up to something. Do you think I didn’t notice how you’ve been asking around about me? I’m just letting it go since I’m busy.”

“Busy stalking Hirai Momo?” Nayeon widened her eyes, got her in a total silence. Jeongyeon laughs at the reaction. She started the car, and set on the GPS the nearest pharmacy there.

“Why you got in silence? It’s not like you were trying to hide it.” Jeongyeon break the silence. Nayeon quickly turned her head away. Cause it’s actually true.

“Mind your business.” She muttered and seatbelt herself. For some reason, even though Nayeon doesn’t actually trust anyone anymore except Momo. She feels like she’s safe with Jeongyeon for now. She hopes she’s right. Coz if not, killing someone after what happened to her before would be a piece of cake for her now.

“I will. Just let me treat your wound.” Jeongyeon stated…

“You know your being suspicious right?” And Nayeon directly asked her that made her chuckled, she nodded, shrugging too.

“I’m just helping a classmate. Can’t that be the reason on why I am helping you right now?” Nayeon squinted her eyes examining Jeongyeon as she heard that. It doesn’t make sense, she thought.

“I don’t need a help. It doesn’t even hurt.” But still, she doesn’t feel any harm with Jeongyeon right now. She let her guard down now, seating comfortably on the car. Jeongyeon took a glance as she noticed that Nayeon was trying to remove small glass pieces on her hand. She’s surprise already on what she witnessed on the bar, but seeing this up close only means Nayeon really doesn’t feel any pain like she said.

“Maybe.” She muttered reaching and putting Nayeon’s hands down away from doing that. “But it still needs proper treatment.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

Mina was just freely walking on an empty hallway when she suddenly got surprised as she felt a hand, suddenly pulling her inside an empty room. Mina’s eyes were slightly closed, yelp a little in pain from the grip.

Next thing she felt how the grip slowly loosened from her. But she’s afraid to open her eyes. She waited what will happen next, but only hard breathing from the other person is what she’s hearing. Now, she felt that she’s not being kidnapped or something right now.

She slowly opened her eyes, and it was partially dark. Only she can see is a shadow of a woman’s body.

“W-Why did you—” Mina’s mouth shuts up, heart started to beats fast. She just got a glimpse on the woman’s face as she walks forward to her.

‘It’s her.’ Instead, she muttered in her thoughts.

‘Momo.’ Now she’s definitely not in a right state of mind. Mina keeps asking herself why, would the in famous Momo dragged her here.

Mina immediately flinched as Momo moved, but got in a total confusion when the next move Momo has done was to kneel on the floor, head completely glued on the floor.

"I know this isn’t enough." Momo talks, "But I’m deeply sorry for what happened.” And uttered on that state. Mina though needs some time to process what she heard. She can't understand...

“A- Why- W-What?” Mina muttered panicking inside. She didn’t know what to say, and what to do. She has no idea on what’s going on right now.

Mina wanted to make Momo to stand, but she’s too afraid to do that. She keeps fidgeting, until she landed on the floor kneeling with Momo who’s having her head down to the floor. Mina’s battling if it is okay to touch Momo or not…

“I’m really sorry.” But before she could touch, Momo apologized again to her. “I apologize of what that man had done to your family. I swear, I didn’t know. I was too young back then. I didn’t know he’s that kind of man.”

Mina stops, simply hearing that means she didn’t need to ask anymore.

All that she can think right now is how Momo’s voice, has so much pain on it. And how sad Momo living until now. Mina can feel it, how sincere Momo doing thus but, Momo is clearly having a wrong thought about her right now.

“I can apologize to you every day. If that will make you feel better, I will be doing that for the rest of my life until I die. I am going to kneel, say I’m sorry when you wanted to. Just say it, I'll come to you apologizing.”

Mina felt so sorry for Momo. She knew Momo doesn’t deserve this. Just like she said she knows nothing about her father.

“I…” Mina finally opened , and Momo slightly looks up on that. Mina got her heart broken seeing nothing but pure sadness on Momo’s face. She looked down, as she knows Momo will feel embarrassed or something if she admits this… “It’s not what you’re thinking of me.”

“Huh?” Momo muttered unsure. Mina looks at Momo, in sorry that she got to see this weakness side Momo.

“I am not…” She breathes, getting some courage to say this. “A victim of that man. It's not what you're thinking.”

“Huh?” Momo again uttered unthought, she scoffs, face in frown. “Then, why do you keep asking around about me? Why, are you always looking at me differently than normal.” She asked, slowly standing up, she's confused. Now, she’s the one looking down on Mina.

“I was used by the other people looking at me with a judging face but yours, are the same with them. You look at me the same way as them, wanting me to suffer for them.”

And their Mina realized how Momo misunderstands her. She does look at Momo every time they are the same place, but it was because she wanted to approach her. But she's too afraid to do that. She's afraid not because Momo is a serial killer’s daughter, but because she’s afraid she might hurt Momo too like on what is happening right now.

Learning Momo’s story and observing her, she knew Momo is a kind person. She can feel the warmth on Momo even from afar. So how can, people be afraid of her just because of something she hasn't done.

“Don’t do that again.” So, instead of explaining herself, Mina wants to advice Momo. Tell her everything that is on her mind right now.

She stands up, “You didn’t need to do that. Apologizing like that, kneeling.” Seriously telling that to the person she only knows by the other’s story. “You did nothing wrong. So, keep your heads up. And never apologize to anyone. You didn't need to do that because you are not your father.”

“He is not my father!” But that triggers Momo. She hates it. Yeah, she may be used to it, to people saying that she’s a psychopath’s daughter. A killer's daughter and that she's going to be like her father too but, she still hates it.

“I don’t claim him as my father.” Momo’s about to burst, and Mina was prolly wasn’t ready for this.

“What am I supposed to do then?" Momo asked, and Mina was unable to think of an answer.

"You want me not to apologize? Well, I don’t understand them actually. They keep coming to me, seeking for an apology which I always give to them. But every time I did, they were saying it is not enough. That my sorry will never enough. I know that. I always know. But they are the one asking for it. I’m just doing what they were saying but why…” Momo immediately looked away, gulping her emotions so hard. While Mina can actually see how Momo is trying so hard to stop her tears from falling.

“Why do I need to suffer of an incident I am not aware of?” Momo almost whispering asked, not to Mina actually, but to herself. “All I did was to be born. I did not even wish to be his daughter.”

And Mina is aching hearing this monologue of Momo. Mina took a step wanting to say something, but Momo immediately retreated realizing what she just done. She took more step back away from Mina…

Now Mina knew she wouldn't be able to reach Momo anymore.

“I’m sorry.” Momo’s tone had become complete strange than earlier. It feels so distant for Mina. “I shouldn’t be talking to you. Or to anyone. I only talk to that man’s victim. Coz I only live, to apologize to them for the rest of my life. That's all."

Mina felt so bothered by this. She’s doesn’t want that. She wants to talk to Momo. Every day if she could. She wanted to be Momo’s friend, and tell her that she should not be living this way but...

“Please…” But Momo is begging in to her again. “Even though I know you’re probably won’t listen, but please try to forget this happened. Forget that we even talked. Don’t tell anyone about this.” There's no way Mina is going to break the only wish of an already broken person.

Seconds later Mina was all alone already, breathing in distress watching to door closing. Mina is thinking, that she made a wrong choice earlier. She could have just lie instead, maybe…

“I should’ve not admitted I was not one of the family victims. Maybe then, I could talk to her for the rest of her life.”

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

“They say gun is far more deadly than a knife. Do you agree with that General?”

If this was just a normal conversation, the person holding a deadly knife sitting on the General’s office table must’ve gain an answer already. But it is not. Since the man who got just asked couldn’t even open his mouth with his gagged mouth. He tried move, but there’s no way he can as he was tied professionally.

There’s no doubt to it, this person, is M. But what he can’t believe is that M is really a woman. It was just all an assumption by the investigation, but since the killing was too clean, they doubted that it's really possible to be a woman.

“Maybe, right? But what do I do? I love knife more than your gun.” M jump off the table, approaching her new target after a month of hiatus. She's been waiting for this night. She knew this night will eventually come someday. 

The police general widened his eyes, he made a sound out of shock after finally seeing the face of M. Young. That's what he muttered on her thoughts. She's too young.

M smirked, reaching out the gun beside the mini table of them.

“The real question is…” She gave it to the General, making him hold onto it as his hand was tied tight behind his back. “Can you even untie yourself with a gun?” M straighten, evilly smiling down to him.

“I’ll give you 1 minute to untie yourself or whatever using that gun. If not, then everyone…” In just a split of second M’s face turned deadly serious… “They’re going to see your body tomorrow without a life anymore."

The police started to panic, doing his best so he could get away from this.

“Timer…” M checked her watch. And he's already groaning hard trying loosen his hand from the leash.

“Starts...” He continuously moved his self from the chair, until he accidentally crashed on the floor. He yelps in pain with the impact, late realizing that the gun fell out from his hand.

“Now.” M set her time.

The man tried to search on the gun feeling the floor, he finds it in just a few seconds but he curses hard behind the mouth gag as he can’t even hold the gun properly. M laughs inside seeing how desperate this man on the floor, until she hears a sound of a click coming from the gun.

“Oh? Tsk. Too fast.” M muttered in disappointment. She wanted to have fun but General already pulled the trigger.

She then laughs at the man tie’s expression as he realized, that the gun wasn't even loaded with any bullet inside on it.

“Did you—” M, hardly stops herself from laughing. “Did you really think I am going to give you a chance to live after revealing my face General?” M walks closer to the man lying on the floor, violently stepping on him by his face coz she's really disappointed.

“Chief Superintendent General Park Dong-Hyun.” She calls the well-known Police General of their country. The General that is like a celeb who always appear on the television when there’s a huge case. A father and a husband of a rich family.

“What do you think is the reason why I chose you beside that you were a corrupt official on this country?” M asked adding weigh on her feet. She steps on him, crushing his face waiting for an answer.

She clearly hate's all people. But a seem to be like a perfect family living in a lie is what she hated the most.

“Ah…” M laughs again at herself. “Sorry. My bad.” Withdrawing her feet, “I forgot you can’t answer me. I want to hear your voice at least before I kill you but I’m too lazy to unleash your mouth so instead, I think I will just answer my question.” She seated on her feet, unemotionally glaring while her hand was busy playing with the knife.

“Because finally the night has come. And you…” She stops fidgeting, “You’re the trigger button I made General Park Dong-Hyun.” and slowly pointed the tip of the knife to his face.

“That’s why I am going to kill you now. Do you understand?” She slowly presses the knife, gaining a loud groan from the tied man. Seeing that blood dripping, she started to draw a long line on his cheek.

“If I kill you, the game will officially start General Park.”

M quickly restrained the General’s face since he’s struggling hard from her trying to put her iconic mark.

“Your daughter, Park Jihyo...” General Park immediately stops as he heard her precious daughter’s name. He's finally realizing, this isn't just a dream. He's finally feeling the fear, frightened this young woman will might do something to his daughter, and he wouldn't be able to be there to protect her. He's afraid. He's finally afraid. And M definitely saw it that's why she is chuckling right now.

“If she saw an M mark in your face… Actually no. Even if she didn’t saw any mark tomorrow. Just by seeing you dead…” M is loving this, when a person who’s known as strong cries, she loves it. And she’s currently witnessing it. The man who’s been acting strong since earlier, cries as she only mentioned one of his family.

“The game I planned for so long will finally begin. She will no doubt start it. Don’t you feel proud General Park? Coz, I’m trusting your daughter for this.” She finished it, marking him.

And she never felt so proud like this before seeing how perfect the bloody M on the General’s face. She's done, so without any thoughts she drawn her knife straight to his throat. She did not even hear any reaction as she did it so quick.

“He’s boring.” M commented, watching the blood dripping nonstop, until the tears on his face slowly stops. As for that M sighs, standing up she thrown the knife on the floor beside the fresh dead body.

She put her masked on, and fixed the hoody properly on her head.

“But my super fun and exciting game, will start now.” She commented, casually walking out of the General’s office, grinning wider than ever...

She walks, staring at the only CCTV she left on.

 

“The Mafia Game.”