Start

[The Night Has Come ]

MURDER.

Murder is one type of homicide that involves very specific elements under the law. The crime of murder is the killing of one human being by another that is, intentional, unlawful, and done with malice aforethought.

When there’s a murder, there is a killer. For normal people they are defined as people who has an evil inside them. Demon. But many psychologists believed that they had mental illness that cannot be cured. They somewhat believed that there are natural born potential killers. It’s genetic they say. But they also believed that murderers are made when there’s violence, or has an abusive childhood that turn them into killers.

Murderers are both born, and made.

 

Yahh… Mina Unnie, why are you reading that now here out of all places? That’s kinda scary, you know?”

That comment stops Mina from reading it. She took this book out of curiosity, especially there’s a serial killer roaming around their city, famously know as ‘M’, since that killer always leaves an M mark to its victim’s body.

Mina sighs, she’s actually mad since earlier and this girl beside her still has a courage to ruin her peacefulness through reading.

“It’s actually your fault on why I’m reading this right now, Dahyun-ah. You came into my house so early saying we’re late and since I trusted you, I came here at school so early when our class actually starts at nine, remember?” Mina reminded her, glared annoyed though she’s actually not anymore. Dahyun can only force grin right now, she messes up with their schedule. She thought their 7am class was for today, and found out late that it’s still for tomorrow. So here they are on the library, trying to waste some time.

“Hi… M-Mina.” A man one of their classes interrupted them. “This… Ahm, for you.” And offered Mina a drink. Mina smiled, gladly talking the drink from him. She mouthed thank you and the man shyly left.

“Woah… How many drinks and snacks they gave you by now? You’re incredible Unnie. You should try to become a celebrity. You have chance to be famous.” Dahyun commented, watching Mina putting the drink beside the other drink she was given since they came here. Mina is new, but already famous for her visual, gentle and feminine personality, boys and girls, seems to love her.

Mina sighs looking at the gifts she received, she’s happy but gifts like this are too much for her. She tried to shaken the thoughts on what she should do with the gifts as someone catches her eyes. She lowered her book to the table, observing something unnatural.

“Who is she though?” She asked of nowhere.

“Huh?” Dahyun quickly tilted her head on where is Mina looking right now. “Who?” asking…

“Her.” Mina points out the girl far from them, “She just arrived and it seems like people were avoiding her. I’ve noticed her before too. See there? She just suddenly emptied that long table as she seated on it. They looked like they are afraid to her.”

Dahyun's neck goes longer as she moved left and right just so she could take a proper look, it’s actually hard to see since there are people passing by on her sight.

“Ahhh...” Dahyun gasped a little, recognizing the girl. “Eh? You didn’t know her?” She asked, and Mina of course innocently shaken her head. “Well again, you’re just new here in this City that’s why you didn’t know.” She smiled at Mina, seems like she knows something that just made Mina curious more.

Mina lived and studied on their home province, and she just getting started living in the City for college right now. She’s actually having a hard time adapting to this new environment, so she’s trying her best to learn everything. Dahyun is her childhood friend, and though Dahyun left their province since they were young, they never cut their communication that's why they are still close until now.

“Momo.” Mina forehead wrinkled as Dahyun said the name. “Do you really want to know her Unnie?” Dahyun asked her in a teasing tone, and Mina didn’t mind but to nod of course. “What part do you want to know about her first? Do you want to learn the shocking part already?” Dahyun made an exaggerated expression, and Mina wasn’t having it.

“Just tell me whatever you want, okay?” She said impatiently so Dahyun grins wide, excited on what she was about to tell.

“Okay.” Dahyun faces Mina properly. “Hirai Momo. First, I heard she lives alone in a really big mansion near this University. See her branded clothes? It only shows that she’s rich but all wonders how.” Mina wrinkled her forehead on a not so good start of Dahyun.

“And she’s smart, like really smart. A genius one. I tried to approach her before coz I am not that afraid of her but, it seems like she doesn’t talk to anyone, even to professors. Well, no one wants to talk to her anyway. As you can see, people are scared to her.”

“But why would they actually be afraid of her? Is she a bully or something?”

“Nope! That’s actually the shocking part here.” Dahyun told Mina emphasizing of it, and Mina sure can’t guess any right now.

“M.” Mina slightly widened her eyes, Dahyun has just said a forbidden name. M, the famous serial killer who kills one person every week. Mina on the other hand is too confused for this.

“Her name is Momo. Momo, and M. Many students here think she’s M, that’s one reason why they were avoiding her.”

“Ehh...?” Mina exclaimed in high tone, unbelieved. “Yahh… Are they crazy? Why would they accuse her just like that? Just because she has the same name initial?”

“Well, her being M became rumor here since after she moved back here in this city last year, M suddenly appeared. And they're just not saying that without any basis. You want to know the real reason why they were avoiding her?”

“And what is that? I’ve been asking that since earlier?” Mina asked impatiently, playfully rolling her eyes. Dahyun laughs, and then leaned forward to Mina, afraid someone will hear her spreading this information…

“The real reason why they were avoiding her, was because she’s actually a daughter of a serial killer.”

“H-Huh?” Mina’s mind malfunctioned, didn’t know if she will buy this, because it doesn’t make sense for her.

“Remember when we were a kid? We had accidentally watched a documentary about a middle-aged man who slaughtered three families in one night and kill himself before the police caught him.” Mina remembered it. They couldn’t even eat for days after the trauma it causes to them.

“W-What about it?” Mina widened her eyes. Answers came naturally into her mind. She instinctively shifted on the girl from afar they were talking about.

“D-Don’t tell me it’s her-”

“Yes! It’s her dad.” Mina suddenly lost her breathe hearing that answer.

“R-Really? Are you sure that’s not just a rumor trying to scratch her name or something?” She asked making sure of it, and Dahyun nodded, assuring that her info’s are true.

Mina takes a look at the girl from afar, in a little awe since couldn’t believe she’s in the same University with a killer’s daughter.  She widened her eyes quickly turning away as their eyes met. She’s cursing herself right now as she definitely got caught looking.

“But there’s something I still can’t understand though.” Dahyun opened another conversation, since she’s seeing someone approaching on Momo right now. By that Mina was able to response and forgot her nervousness from that eye contact.

“What do you mean?” Of course, Mina will ask. Though she’s afraid just now, she seems to be interested with this kind of conversation.

“There’s only two people in her life right now. And I can’t understand the connection between them. See the girl who seated beside Momo?” Mina hesitated to look at the mentioned girl afraid that she’ll got caught looking again but, she still did. There she witnessed a girl freely talking to Momo, smiling to each other like they were friends. Now, Mina is back in to confusion.

“You said everyone is afraid to her? And she talks to no one? She talking to that girl, right?” Mina just can’t keep shut, and Dahyun shrugged, cause she’s not sure either.

“That’s still a mystery for us. On what relationship do they have. Momo is really not talking to anyone, except that girl… I only know the name, Minatozaki Sana. But the other one who’s not afraid of Momo, you definitely know her. But observing it, Momo wasn’t talking to her either.”

“I know her?”

“It’s the famous, Im Nayeon-ssi. Now she just got a new nickname. Momo’s stalker.”

“Stalker?” Mina is really getting intrigued now.

Of course, it’s Im Nayeon. A famous ex-idol who got banned by the industry 2 years ago after almost killing her obsessive fan. Well, everyone thinks it’s not intentional, since she just tried to protect herself from being but, she did not just stab her fan once, but nine times. It’s still a mystery that the guy managed to live. But again, karma is really true as that person died when he got hit by a car years later.

“Yup. She’s been around Momo. It just happened one day. She suddenly came in this Universty chasing Momo. The reason? I don’t know why too. But that’s also why some people were avoiding her now too, though they are already.”

Mina’s mind got tangled. She didn’t know why she’s taking interest to this actually.

“Yah!” Dahyun muttered almost shouting looking at her phone. “Unnie, we didn’t notice the time! We’re going to be late.” Dahyun told to her already gathering her things. “Mina unnie, I'll go first, annyeong!” Dahyun run fast, didn’t even care if Mina would be late alone…

Mina laughs, then quickly gathered her stuffs too, messily putting it on her bag. She took all the books she borrowed, and then stared at the gifts she received. She battled if she should take it with her too and not...

“Maybe not. I’ll just comeback later and see if this still here.” She told herself and started to walk fast trying to catch up on Dahyun, but since she’s in hurry, she lost a grip on the book she’s reading earlier.

“Aishh…” She muttered annoyed, having a hard time to sit to pick it up but before she could reach it someone’s hand got it before her. She slowly looks up wanting to say thank but she stops as she saw a familiar face helping her.

“Eh— You are…” Mina was stunned, can’t continue what she should be saying.

“Unnie…” The girl looks up on her smiling, like she’s not in shock at all seeing Mina right now.

“It’s me, Tzuyu. You remember me?” Of course, Mina recognized her, so she just nodded.

They were from the same province, and the same school. Mina can say that they are not actually close. They just happen to know each other’s face and talk some time. Now Mina wonders, how Tzuyu was here too. It’s too far from their province. She did mention once before that she’s going in this University for college, but Tzuyu never said anything on going in this school to her too.

“Nice book. You shouldn’t just drop precious things like this Unnie.” Tzuyu told Mina offering it back, smilingly. Mina took her book, but getting disturbed by Tzuyu comment on a book about serial killers.

“Murderers? Psychopaths? Are you interested with them too?” Mina gulped. She never felt good when Tzuyu was around since before actually. Tzuyu has a pretty face, but there’s a reason why people are not amazed by it. This kind of conversation is one of it. They just can't get Tzuyu's unusual personality. That's why Tzuyu doesn't have any friends until now. But for some reason, Tzuyu was always trying to converse with Mina. And Mina wasn't sure why...

“Ah!” Mina gasped remembering the time, no, she's trying to run from this. “I’m late. Sorry Tzuyu. I need to go to my class. See you around.” Mina made her escape, running fast doing her best not to look back. As she got out of the scene, she slowly stops from running, and slowly walks taking a long deep breath...

“Tzuyu… She’s still frightening me. I wonder why?”

 

 

 

♡ subscribe ♡