The Wind's Infirmity

Ghosted
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Wheein was on patrol that day. She was paired up with Moon Byulyi, an old time friend she met on her 3rd settlement. A cursed settlement led by a lunatic.

She had been whining since morning. Telling Hyejin to switch places with her. Jung Wheein would prefer collecting cow dung to the trolley and transporting it to the fort's methane-based generator than doing patrols.

Hyejin, of course, just smiled at her cute whines as she, practically, dragged Wheein to the bed's edge before the shorter girl untangled her hugging arms.

"It's six already, Wheein-ah. You better get to the stable before 7.30," Hyejin said as she strolled to the bathroom.

The mechanic scoffed, "Ya, Hyejin-ah!" She couldn't believe what she had just heard.

Moments later, the said woman went out of the bathroom. A toothbrush stuck in , her other hand brought a tin can with Wheein's toothbrush in it and a rolled toothpaste tooth.

Wheein got angrier at the sight, "Yah! I won the rock, paper, scissors just seconds ago!"

Stopping the brushing motion, Hyejin moved her fingers in sign language before turning and leaving for the kitchen. 'First come, first served'.

"Augh!" She continued to grumble in her head but used the remaining toothpaste anyway.

What the hell? She cursed in her head. Hyejin was never one to fuss about coming on time for a patrol. What could be-- oh...

"Ah!" She shouted, foams still decorating her lips. Wheein took her can and poured enough water to clean before spitting it out. "Hyejin-ah!" She quickly washed her toothbrush and basically lightly threw it into the can.

As the mechanic stomped to the kitchen slash dining room, she called out, "Spill, how much did you bet with old Huang?!"

In response, the taller woman raised her hand in a stopping motion. Hyejin sure took her time to wash clean. She spat to the kitchen sink and cleaned the paste remains on her lips.

"Chill Wheein-ah. I got us 2 tubes of toothpaste, new tools for you to work, and..." she turned off the toast maker onc

Please log in to read the full chapter