five

Illicit Affair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, how was it sleeping at your enemy’s apartment?” Irene teased Yongsun who was checking on her student’s paper at the faculty lounge. She ignored them and continued on reading the papers in front of her, mindlessly biting the cap of her red pen as she read through.

“Do they live in a high-rise apartment?” Hyejin chimed in. “I bet they are. They are both single lawyers, so their moneys are used to take care of themselves.”

That statement was true if they are only pertaining to Moonbyul. That apartment was originally rented by Moonbyul for herself. Until Wheein contacted her three years ago, asking if she can crash on her place for a night or two, after coming home from Canada. Initially, she planned to stay at Moonbyul's apartment for just a couple of days, but with how little her take home salary was back then, she can’t get herself a decent place to stay. Her friend was no stranger when it comes to her struggles, that’s why Byul offered to share her apartment with Wheein. And their arrangement is Moonbyul will cover the monthly fees of the flat, while the younger woman shoulders the electricity and water bill.

“Did you thank her yet?” Irene asked Yongsun who placed her pen down and finally threw a look at their direction, asking who she was referring to. “Professor Jung. She volunteered to take you at their apartment instead of leaving you at some hotel. Did you thank her?”

Trust me, she did more than to thank her wife by staying at the apartment for the entire Sunday. Their day started as early as 3AM when Yongsun’s alarm rang. Because of her state from the night before, she had forgotten to turn off her alarm and Wheein never really touched her phone.

But waking up early was good for the both of them as it gave them time to transfer from the study room to Wheein’s room, while Moonbyul is in a deep sleep. They slept for a few more hours before both of them got up and grab their breakfast.

Since Wheein has been living with Moonbyul for three years, the couple already knew how the older lawyer would spend her Sundays. Byul will leave the apartment around 6AM for a quick jog and will be back around 10 or 11PM because she spent the day hanging out with her college friends. This is mainly the reason why the couple has the guts to stay in and cuddled up all day.

Yongsun called her mother, letting her know she’s still alive and will be spending the day with a colleague, before they head out to the café. But when they were about to exit the apartment, they saw a note on the main door, which was from the older lawyer, telling Wheein they need to talk.

This is the first time this whole ‘leaving a note’ thing happened in the past three years. Usually, when Byul has something to say to Wheein, she’d either text her or call her. It made her anxious but tried her best to conceal it with a smile, not wanting to worry her spouse.

“Obviously, she didn’t.” Hyejin said, bringing Yongsun back to reality. The youngest professor stood up and pulled both of her unnie. “Let’s get Professor Jung something, to say thank you.”

Professor Bae stood up, but Yongsun remained to her seat. “I’m pretty sure Atty. Moon convinced her to let me stay the night.” Yongsun knows the truth, she clearly remembers everything that happened. It’s just that, when she had the alcohol running in her veins, she can’t think straight and get her s in order.

Hyejin convinced her harder. “No, the initiative came from Professor Jung. We were all surprised actually. We thought she was just trying to get rid of us and she’ll leave you at Han River, but she didn’t.”

“And how can you be sure that, that wasn’t the case and I really slept at their apartment?” Yongsun challenged them.

“I met up with Atty. Moon yesterday.” Irene tried her best to hide the excitement from her voice. “We had lunch yesterday, and she told me that they really did take you at their apartment.”

“I bet Professor Jung had the best time of her life dragging me into their apartment.” Yongsun sarcastically said.

“Surprisingly, Atty. Moon said Professor Jung was so careful as she carries you to the study room.” Professor Bae shrugged. “Maybe, Professor Jung was really nice after all, and you just misunderstood her.”

Professor Kim suppressed that proud smirk from her face. Of course, her wife is the nicest person she had ever meet. And she’s glad that her friends also think so too. “Nope to she’s nice and another nope in thanking her.” She firmly stated. Just then, her phone rang, and this caught their attention. She quickly grabs the phone from the table and excused herself.

Hyejin and Irene shares the same confused look as they have seen the caller’s name in that split second. “Hyejin-ah, do I need to get my eyes checked or did unnie got another phone call from her plumber?”

There wouldn’t be a week that Yongsun won’t receive a call from that contact, and her friends knew that. Ever since this school year has started, the PE professor would often receive calls from her 'plumber', mostly before lunch.

“Unnie, can I come with you when you get a schedule for your optometrist? I think also need to have my eyes check.” Hyejin dramatically agreed to whatever Irene was trying to convey.

“Are you thinking, what I’m thinking?” Professor Bae queried, looking into the younger professor’s eye. Hyejin nod, which was her cue to stood up and reached out for the other PE professor’s hand. “Let’s go.”

Yongsun glanced around, making sure no one is around before pressing the answer button. “Babe!” she greeted her wife. The woman on the other line asked her about something and her response was “I can’t. I still need to grade some papers and compute for my students’ midterm grades.” She sadly sighed. Something was said to her that made her face blushed and playfully bit her lip. “What can I do for you then?” she listened carefully and after getting the message, she answered “You should’ve asked your wife in the first place!” she said rolling her eyes. “Yes, and I know someone from that store and we can ask him for an advise and hopefully a discount.” she giggled. “I know, I’m the best you’re lucky to have me.” She fanned herself with her hands, taking pride on what was said from the other line. “I need to head back inside babe. Stop distracting me. I’ll meet you after my last class in the mall. See you, I love you.” She hung up and put the phone away.

But little did Yongsun know, two nosy PE professors were listening to her phone conversation, hiding at the other end of a wall.

Taking the last steps of the stairs, Wheein exhaled heavily and continued walking towards the door leading her to the Polsci faculty’s self-proclaimed smoking area. She just finished her second class for the day and decided to meet up with her friends who greeted her as soon as she opened the door.

“As expected, you’re late” Seulgi joked, breathing the smoke out of .

Ryujin laughed with her but halted when a small carton was thrown her way. She picked it up and waited for Wheein to approach them before handing her the unopened box of cigarette she threw at her.

The newcomer waved her left hand then took an opened cigarette pack from her pocket. She took a stick and pressed it between her lips before lighting it. “That’s yours.” S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter