two

Illicit Affair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Babe, what I don’t understand is how can you be so chill about this.” Frustration and annoyance can he heard from Wheein's tone of voice. She sat next to Yongsun who’s casually taking out the food container from the cellophane.  

“It’s not that bad” The older woman shrugged.

Wheein took Yongsun’s bowl, breaking the yolk and mixing all the ingredients with furrowed eyebrow before pushing it back to her wife. “How come it isn’t that bad?” She asked in an irritated tone. “Everyone in the campus thinks you hate me, and that, I hate you too.”

It’s been a week since the SNU’s first day of school, and word quickly got out about how the two professors despise each other. At first, Wheein thought this is some stupid gossip from the students that’s why she ignored it. But when she was asked by her co-faculty why she dislikes the Physical Education professor, she knew this is something she should be concerned about.

The younger woman was pacing around the room when the sitting Yongsun, using her lower limbs, grabbed her by the hips, locking her in between her thighs (not in the ual way). “Babe, sit down, will you?” defeated, Wheein sat at her wife’s lap, facing her. “Now, what are you most worried about this?"

“First of all, we don’t hate each other.” The young professor wrapped her arm behind the neck of Yongsun. “If anything, I am head over heels for you.”

“Ditto” the older woman winked. “But do they need to know that?”

“No…”  Wheein sighed defeatedly. “But still, I don’t like it.”

“Look,” The older professor pulled her a little bit closer, supporting her wife by holding her hips. “If anything, I think this is good.” This statement piqued the young professor’s curiosity so she listened closely. “Since everybody in the university thinks we hate each other, I doubt someone will figure out our real relationship.”

“But what if they see us talking to each other, isn’t that suspicious?”

“We’ll tell them we’re working on our differences.” Yongsun came up with an excuse.

Under normal circumstances, Wheein has always been logical and one step ahead. That’s her job, as a lawyer, she needs to always have a plan and outsmart everyone. But with Yongsun, it’s different, her emotions would always get the best of her.

She paused for a moment to think about Yongsun’s proposal. This sounds risky but getting married without your families knowing is riskier. “Okay.”

The Physical Education professor sweetly smiled at her before cupping her cheeks and kiss her passionately. But this make out session was quickly disrupted by the noise they heard. The doorbell that was set up inside her room rang, indicating someone’s at the front of her door.

“Someone’s at the door.” Yongsun whispered.

“, unnie’s home.” The young professor got up with her wife who hid in the closet. She tried to tidy up her room a bit, hiding Yongsun’s bag before opening the door. “Unnie!” She exclaimed.

“Are you having dinner?” It was her housemate, Moonbyul. “Join us, my cousin dropped by, Seulgi. You’re from the same department, aren’t you?” she pointed out at the woman who was sitting at the bar stool.

Wheein glanced at the other PolSci professor's direction, bowed partially, acknowledging her presence with a little panic in her eyes. Professor Kang was here, what if she sees Professor Kim inside her room? “Maybe next time,” she rejected Moonbyul’s offer. “I—I’m still grading some papers.” She excused.

“Why don’t you bring out the papers, I’m sure Seulgi is willing to help.” She turned to her cousin, “Right Seul?”

“What subject are we talking about?” Seulgi stood up and walked to them. Wheein was blocking her door, but we all know how ‘tall’ she is, so Seulgi easily shove her to the side and went inside her room. “You have company?” she pointed out at the two bowls of beef gyudon set on her table.

“Company—” , Yongsun’s bowl. “Oh no.” She quickly composed her excuse. “That’s for me, I tend to stress eat when working.” Her lies came out naturally, I guess that’s one of the perks of being a lawyer.

Seulgi walked to her table and saw the papers lying across the desk. “Attributes of Party Systems” She read what was written at the top part of the paper. “Is this for Public Choice Theory or Political Party Subject?”

“Neither.” The younger professor snatched the paper from her hands. “It’s for Contemporary Democracies.” She answered.

“I see,” Seulgi nods. “That’s not my strong suit but, I know a thing or two so I can help you with this.”

“Thanks for the offer professor Kang, but I’d rather check these papers on my own, since this is how I gauge what they have learned from my subject.” Wheein told her before glancing to the cabinet where her wife was hiding. “Now, if you’ll excuse me, I still have papers to check.” This is her way of kicking them out of her room.

“Okay, but join us some time?” Moonbyul requested and all Wheein can do is agree.

When the unwanted visitors got out of her room, Wheein locked her door before Yongsun comes out from the cabinet where she was hiding. “god, I hate being in the closet.” She protested.

The younger woman laughed and agreed “You sure do, babe.”

Outside Wheein’s room, Moonbyul and Seulgi were discussing their relationship with Professor Jung over dinner.

“How long have you known Professor Jung?” Seulgi asked with stuffed with Gamjatang.

“More than 10 years,” Moonbyul replied. “We knew each other from Undergrad then we went on the same Law school”

“And you’ve been housemates for three years, after she got her MBA?” The professor inquired and when her cousin answered yes, she followed up “Don’t you think she’s a bit suspicious?”

The question earned a confused look from the lawyer. “What do you mean?”

“You said, she always had her door locked,” Seulgi starts to enumerate. “And on her second day here in the apartment, she soundproofed her room.” She also noticed the foam-covered walls inside the other professor’s room. “Her room was messy, but you mentioned before that she’s a neat freak. And let’s not forget she had foods good for two people.”

Still not being able to catch what the other woman is pointing out, Moonbyul told her “Can you get to the point?”

Seulgi placed her chopstick down, indicating her seriousness about the matter. “Don’t you think, I don’t know, maybe she’s hiding something?”

“We all have secrets that we’re hiding.” The older woman lectured her. “I really don’t mind—"

“What if she’s a killer?” Seulgi cuts her off. “Her door was locked, obviously so you won’t caught her in the act doing it.” She glanced at the closed door. “And the walls inside were soundproofed to conceal the plead of her victims.” Moonbyul didn’t say a word, she was just listening closely. “What if, she invites people in then offer them food. And while her victim was eating, she knocked them unconscious that’s why when you rang her doorbell, she took a minute to open the door because she was hiding the body.” She concluded. “And don’t forget, she’s antisocial which is common with serial killers.”

Moonbyul sat straight, stretching her back before leaning in again, “Seulgi” She called her name. “You’ve been watching too much true crime documentaries.” She sc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter