Park

Bichon
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Angkko!" Eunbi calls. The little puppy comes running, not because she's familiar with her name already, but because she hears the voice of the human who has been feeding and petting her.

"No biting!" Grabbing the few months old puppy, Eunbi puts her shoes on and heads out. She made sure to bring extra treats and some water. 

Eunbi loves animals, and she's always wanted to raise a pet ever since she was young. Now that she's living on her own, she has the freedom to choose what to do with her apartment.

So she chose to adopt Angkko: a Maltese Bichon mix? Honestly, Eunbi's not so sure what Angkko is. It's hard to tell while the pup is still a ball of fur at the moment. 

Walking to the nearby park, Angkko easily falls asleep in Eunbi's arms since the latter never stopped the former's fur. Setting her down on the grass, Eunbi brings out the bag of treats, to which Angkko springs up and shakes her body.

"Okay cutie, we're gonna try this one more time. You don't want to lose to Meonji, do you? I know I'm not as good as Sojung unnie at training, and I know you're probably not as smart as Meonji." The pup tilts her head, but still keeps her eyes on the treat in Eunbi's fingers. "Okay... Sit."

...

Eunbi sighs when nothing happens, and Angkko keeps wagging her tail in anticipation. "Siiiiit," she enunciates while pushing down the pup's . To her demise, Angkko resists and just runs around her hand. Adjusting the way she sits, she picks up the pup and plops her right in front of her. Looking into her eyes, Eunbi keeps a stern face while Angkko seemingly has no thoughts.

"Angkko. We can play later. Now, you need to learn some things, okay? I went to school for twenty years straight, and look at me! I know how to talk, how to walk, eat, behave, react in public and social interactions, and kinda do Math! If you can learn how to just sit, then we can play."

The pup surprisingly sits at the end of the sentence, and Eunbi doesn't know how to react for a second. "Oh? OH?! WAIT, THE TREAT!" She gives the treat, and makes sure to compliment Angkko for a job well done.

"Okay, let's try that again." Eunbi clears and sits straight. "Sit." Angkko does it a second time, and Eunbi punches the air after giving the treat. "Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!" she cheers, constrained. "Angkko, I love you!" She hugs the pup, receiving tiny in return.

Across the field, she sees someone running around and laughing. Eunbi raises at eyebrow at first because it looks like they're running by themselves, but looking closer, she sees a small white puppy running alongside the owner.

"Angkko, look. That pup looks just like you." Watching for a moment longer, she hears the woman tell the puppy to sit, which they do without failure. "You can do that too!" Eunbi tells Angkko.

But when the other puppy does a high-five and even lies down, Eunbi brings Angkko up to her eye level. "That's our next mission. But you have to master sitting first, okay?" She lets the puppy onto the grass again, and Angkko runs around her, stopping sometimes to chew on her shoelace. 

Little did Eunbi know, the other puppy's owner was watching her too. 

"I remember when you were like that," Yerin laughs. "You were such a stubborn dog, weren't you, Happy?" Even if it was just two weeks ago, Yerin reminisces like it's been years. "Happy, look. They look just like you. They're probably a Bichon too." Looking back, Yerin shakes her head. "I shouldn't go up and say hi, right? I'd look like a creep. But... it would be nice for you to have a friend."

When Yerin turns head to look at the other owner one last time, the latter was already walking away. "And there they go. There's always other dogs to meet. And other girls. Let's go home, Happy."

 

The next days go b

Please log in to read the full chapter