What Destiny Can’t Fix

What Destiny Can’t Fix
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Are you ing serious?!  Do you know what could happen to Kyungsoo if you continue what you’re planning to do?!”

 

Jongin just scoffed before forcefully pulling his arm from Chanyeol’s grip, the latter was practically begging but Jongin’s eyes reflected his disinterest. He didn’t ing care about the omega that was practically days away from labour. No. He didn't care. He’s done with all this ing Destiny and Fated Pair bull that everyone’s been practically shoving down his throat. Sure, he did Kyungsoo because the omega went on heat, but that didn’t mean anything. Was it his fault the omega practically threw himself into his arms? It was a great but that’s it.

 

It could’ve been Chanyeol who was there, or Sehun, or Yixing, or Minseok, or whichever alpha was present and it would still satisfy the omega. It didn’t need to be him, it didn’t have to be him.

 

Sure, he did get Kyungsoo pregnant but that didn’t mean anything. That wasn’t proof of their bond, nor was it a telltale sign of the fated pair legend that people make it out to be. He was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time, and he shouldn’t suffer from it.

 

“All that fated pair bull that all of you said is just folklore. It’s not real. You would’ve ed him if you were there too! Besides, why should I keep myself from venturing out there? There’s a whole world filled with other omegas, why should I be tied down to him?!” Jongin reasoned, agitated that everyone’s been stopping him from gallivanting when he hasn’t been laid for a whole month, a whole ing month!

 

“You ing ! If it wasn’t real, then Kyungsoo wouldn’t be pregnant right now!”

 

Chanyeol's outburst only made Jongin roll his eyes. As if that mattered? “Bull ing ! He could get pregnant by ing anyone! That bite on his neck was because he ing begged me to mark him. I’m not wasting the rest of my life with someone as boring as him.”

 

“You’re gonna regret all of this.”

 

Jongin scratched the back of his neck before he scoffed. “Regret? The only regret I have in my whole life was ing him!” Jongin growled at his friend who was left speechless as he circled his arm around the girl beside him. “He can just break the bonds anytime he wants anyway, so tell him to do it.” He smirked before walking off with another omega in his arm. 

 

Chanyeol huffed before gritting his teeth. ‘You idiot… Fated Pairs can’t be broken,’ he thought to himself.

 

Things were bound to go downhill and he could clearly feel it in his gut. He pulled his phone out, immediately dialling Kyungsoo’s phone number to make sure that the omega stayed indoors. He wasn’t sure why, but he just knew things won’t turn out good for his best friend.


 

“Soo, where are you?”

 

“I’m out to get some groceries. Why?”

 

Chanyeol felt a strong punch in his gut the moment he heard what Kyungsoo said. The doctor ordered the omega that he should stay indoors to ensure the baby’s safe delivery. Though he knew Kyungsoo’s stubbornness was unparalleled, he didn’t think the omega would be out just when his pair was about to commit one of the foulest of all sins.

 

“You’re supposed to be on bed rest! Why are you out?! Where are you exactly?!”

 

Chanyeol couldn't help but sound furious. He needed to find Kyungsoo before something wrong befell his friend—and the little pup inside him.

 

“Why are you getting mad at me?! I just want to cook something for Jongin! And I’m craving cake! I can take care of myself, Chanyeol!”

 

Kyungsoo answered back with the same furious tone Chanyeol used on him. It was apparent that the omega didn’t like Chanyeol’s tone and for all it’s worth, he didn't appreciate the alpha’s possessive nature towards him.

 

“The Doctor also said that I’m allowed to have fresh air sometimes!”

 

“Only when you’re with someone! Is someone else with you? Please tell me someone’s with you right now? Tell me where you are! I’ll accompany you.” 

 

Chanyeol’s tone was hurried as he ran to his car to start the engine and look for his best friend. There was a tingling feeling inside of him that bothered him, telling him that he should hurry and find Kyungsoo before it was too late.

 

“Why would I ask for someone else’s help?! I can take care of myself! You’re not my mother so stop pestering me, Park Chanyeol!”

 

*Click!*

 

“H-Hello? Hello? Soo? Kyungsoo-ya! KYUNGSOO! HELLO?!”

 

Chanyeol called out but the line was already cut. He tried to call Kyungsoo over and over but the latter kept rejecting his calls. He slammed his fist on the steering wheel, anger leaking out of his system. 

 

Wherever Kyungsoo was… He needed to find him. He needed to, or else…




 

~~~ 


 

Jongin stumbled back, hissing when the pain finally registered in his brain. He glared at Chanyeol who was fuming with anger while the others held him back.

 

“You… You seriously… You’re seriously too selfish! All you ing think about is yourself! Have you ever once thought about Kyungsoo?! Huh?! that! Have you ever once thought about the child that he’s carrying?!” Chanyeol blasted, still trying to charge towards Jongin but Minseok and Yixing were already pulling him back, stopping him.

 

A raging alpha was so hard to hold back, his pheromones were also becoming more and more deadly as he looked at Jongin.

 

Meanwhile, Sehun was silently standing by Jongin. But every one of their pack could see that even the youngest was holding in his anger.

 

“Stop it… Both of you! We’re in the ing hospital, damn it!” Minseok growled. “You need to calm down, Chanyeol. There are a lot of patients in here! They’re getting scared.”

 

Jongin scoffed, “Couldn't be that bad. What? Did he just get a ing fever again? Or was it his hand getting cut from cooking? Is that why you’re in the hospi—”

 

Jongin couldn’t even finish what he was saying when he felt a hand gripping his shirt. This was new. Of all people, Sehun should be siding with him. They were best of friends from the moment they met each other, so the latter shouldn’t be acting this way towards Jongin. This whole side of Sehun was something he had never seen, not even once.

 

The youngest was breathing heavily, eyes wet and face filled with pain. With his jaw clenched and glaring eyes as if boring a hole on Jongin’s face, his other hand was already pulled back to land a punch on his friend’s face but he was doing his best to stop himself.

 

“Don’t… Don’t you even know why you’re here?” Jongdae asked, tears already staining his cheeks while his eyes were still red and puffy from crying. 

 

“ if I know?! Yall always baby the outta him so why—”

 

“Kyungsoo had an accident. Your son’s dead.” Sehun finally said between gritted teeth while landing a weak punch against Jongin’s chest.

 

“Oh, bull, Hun,” Jongin claimed, shaking his head in disbelief. “That’s impossible. Just tell me why we’re here so we could go home and—”

 

Before he could even finish what he was saying, Sehun pulled him, intending to bring him into Kyungsoo’s room when Chanyeol stepped in front of them. Sehun and Chanyeol looked at each other, eyes blazing with emotions yet no one wanted to step down.

 

“If he goes inside that room Kyungsoo’s—” Chanyeol started but Sehun just glared at him. “Kyungsoo’s dead either way… So might as well show this what he did to him.”

 

Chanyeol glared at Jongin who still had an arrogant air around him. The latter smirked as if challenging him. Hesitantly, Chanyeol stepped aside and Sehun opened the door.

 

“Here’s the impossible,” Sehun said, shoving Jongin in front of him to how Kyungsoo.

 

In the room were tubes and wires, all connected to Kyungsoo who was barely visible and if it weren’t for his scent Jongin wouldn’t recognize him. He was lying on the bed with several nurses and the other omegas in their pack.

 

The moment Jongin’s scent invaded the room, Kyungsoo’s heart rate spiked as blood rushed out of his lips. He was vomiting blood while everyone in the room immediately whipped their heads to the door.

 

“Are you out of your mind?! Close the goddamn door!” One of the nurses shouted as Kyungsoo started convulsing on the bed with blood rushing out of his lips.

 

There was a huge uproar as the omegas called out Kyungsoo’s name while another nurse rushed to the door, pushing everyone out before shutting it.

 

“DO YOU HAVE BRAINS FOR DECORATION?! Your pack Omega just lost a baby and broke a bond! Are you planning to make him suffer before killing him?!”

 

“L-Lost a baby? What… What are you talking about? He’s supposed to give birth soon. The baby’s supposed to be alive!” Jongin stammered in disbelief, failing to accept the reality of the situation he created.

 

It was impossible for Kyungsoo to lose the baby, no, it was impossible for his pup to die. Their pup was strong, and it was already in full-term, how could it die?

 

“Suffocation.” The nurse answered, brows raised as she smelled his scent. “We’re trying our best to fix what you broke! So I suggest you wait… and as far away as possible! Because the more he smells your scent, the more danger you’re putting him in!”

 

Jongin didn't want to believe it, at first, since he was so sure that they weren’t a fated pair. He was so, so sure.

 

“That’s… that’s impossible… I’m… Let me just talk to him and—”

 

“Unfortunately if you want your Omega dead then be my guest! You can go ahead and talk to him but all I’m gonna say is that he won't be able to last more than a minute with you in a room. He’ll die.”

 

“No… That’s… That’s… No! I need to talk to him!”

 

Jongin was just about to step back inside despite the nurse’s warning when Sehun pulled him back. This time, no intention of holding back.

 

 

 

Jongin stumbled back, falling on his bum as he landed on the grass. Minseok and Yixing were doing their best to hold back the two who were already planning to kill Jongin. Their scents filled the space and aggravated the other patients.

 

“I… I didn’t… I...“ Jongin stuttered, unsure what to say. His heart was racing and his nerves were shaking. He couldn't understand what could possibly go wrong.

 

“Still think you’re not fated pairs?” Sehun asked, tears already falling from his eyes. “All you had to do was protect him. Take care of him! You ed him and impregnated the guy but all you thought about was yourself!”

 

“You couldn’t even keep your ing in your pants! I told you! I warned you! I ing warned you!” Chanyeol growled at him with gritted teeth. “ you and your ing lust! Because of you… Because of you...” The alpha couldn't even continue what he was about to say. The words hung in his throat, refusing to jump out due to the fear that it might truly happen.

 

But his fear was well placed.

 

Chanyeol remembered how he found Kyungsoo at the sidewalk. He was practically swimming in blood as he continuously vomited the red liquid. One hand grasping his bulging stomach while the other hand clasped against the bite mark on his neck, the proof of their bond. The groaning, the stench of blood rushing through his nose and the whispers of Kyungsoo begging, pleading for the pain to stop. It was still fresh in the alpha’s mind and he knew he would never forget it.

 

Chanyeol couldn't even forget how Kyungsoo begged him, grabbing onto him trying to tell him to save his son. But how could he when they declared the baby dead upon their arrival at the hospital, followed by the news that Kyungsoo’s bond was severed in the most painful way possible?

 

Adultery.

 

Fated Pairs were supposed to be folklore, something that didn’t exist in real life and yet not much is known about their bond.

 

They said bonds can be severed, purged if needed or wanted. There were many ways possible to do it but ordinary bonds were far different from those that share their Destiny together.

 

A life tied to another, like soulmates. Fated Pairs had their life weaved against each other since their bonds were meant to last until the end of time. The death of one means the death of the other and yet no one seemed to know what happens to an Omega if their Fated Alpha decides to commit adultery.

 

But some did, though only a few. Most have been hidden from the public but it wasn’t a legend t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter