Six

Some Nights

 

"Hello..?" 

Luda heard a sleepy voice answer her call. 

"Unnie, I'm sorry I called you this early but I really need your help. Please be honest with me."

"Hm..what is it?"

"Why did she ask you to take care of Juyeon? Where is Dawon going? For how long? What time is her flight?"

Jiyeon regained her consciousness as soon as Luda bombarded her with such questions. She sat up and cleared . "Luda, what do you mean?"

"Please tell me everything, unnie. I met Dawon here but she never told me where she will go. Please unnie, if you want me to beg you..I will.." Luda can't stop her tears anymore. She will do anything she can do to get Dawon's trust again or maybe she can convince her from leaving, so even if she fails, she knows that at least she tried. 

"What? You both met?" Jiyeon half-screamed. "How..?"

"We met at the beach, with Dayoung too. Then, yesterday we went out because she said maybe that was the last time we could spend our time together. You called her last night, didn’t you? I was there, right in front of her. Unnie, what she said to you, she said it in front of me, with her eyes looking at me. She said that she still loves me, unnie. And I do love her too. Please, I want to meet her, I want to convince her that my heart is only for her. I can't live without her, unnie. Please…unnie..please…" 

Jiyeon heard Luda's sobbing. She was left speechless. Dawon didn't tell her that they met and that their conversation last night was heard by Luda. She contemplated whether she should tell Luda or stay faithful to her promise with Dawon. Jiyeon bit her lower lips.

"We kissed last night." Luda talked again when she got no response from Jiyeon. "And I don't want that to be our last kiss unnie." Luda knew she had been very transparent with her feelings right now.

With that, Jiyeon told Luda about Dawon's plan to fly to Spain where her older sister was living. She also has registered a full course of studying music for a year. Her flight would be at 2:00 PM later and she never said when she would come back. 

Luda glanced at her watch. If she is fast, she can meet her before the flight. The clock indicates 8:15 AM. "Unnie, what is her address?"

"Are you sure, Luda?"

"I can never be more sure than this, unnie. I love her and you said don't do something that I will regret later. I have so much regret and I don't want to add this to the list." Firmly, Luda stands on her ground. 

"I wish all the best for you. Call me anytime if you need something. I'm sorry for lying to you all this while." Jiyeon said after telling Luda the address of Dawon's house that she has been staying over. 

"Thank you, unnie. Apology accepted but you still owe me some explanation. Bye!" She hung up the call very fast.

Jiyeon put aside her phone after the call ended. 'I hope both of you can find your happiness whether you end up together or not.' She sighed.



 

Dawon searched for her phone with her eyes half-closed after her sleep was intruded by the sound of the door bell. 

8:57 AM. 

She huffed a sigh, tried to sit up with a headache throbbing her head. She can't remember at what time she fell asleep on this couch last night while she was drinking. 

"Yes yes-" Annoyed by the non-stop door bell sound. "Who comes to people's houses this early and is so annoying." 

Dawon took one to two minutes to sober up before checking on the visitor. 

"Luda??!" Her throbbing head was gone as soon as she saw an unexpected visitor on the intercom.

She let her in, hence she wasn't sure if she should or not. 

"Hi.." Luda greeted her with a bright smile at the front door.

"What are you doing here? How did you know my address?"

"Can I come in?" Her questions were ignored, but she let the slightly older girl walk through between the door and her. "Nice house. So you're hiding here all this time?" said the girl while looking around, ignoring Dawon's suspicious look on her.

"Luda cut to the chase. What do you want?" 

Luda stopped and turned to face her. Her sweet smile is not visible, instead seriousness and slight gentleness are shown.

"I want you." She is deadly serious. 

"I come here because I want to convince you to stay. Don't leave me. Don't go, please." Luda shortened the distance and stood right in front of Dawon, reached her hand and grabbed it gently. "I was so miserable these past weeks after you left. And I couldn't imagine if I let you go again, I... Please, Dawon-ah. Please don't go." She pleaded desperately, tears b in her eyes.

On the other hand, Dawon knew this was not her dream or the alcohol effect that she consumed last night. This is real. Luda, in front of her, is real. She could feel a strong grip on her hand, as if never wanted to let her go. But, is the feeling real? What if Luda stops her because she doesn't want to be alone, not because she loves her. And what if-

"Dawonie.." Luda brought her other hand to the taller's cheek and gave a tender . "I love you. I'm very sorry I couldn't give you the answer last time, but I know that I love you even before I realised it. You make my life shine brighter as the sun rises to wake up the world. You make me feel myself and comfortable as the sun sets to let the moon take over. I found myself while I found you." Tears fell on her cheeks. "I love you, Nam Dawon. I love you." A warm smile curved on her lips, hoping that her sincerity reached Dawon’s heart. 

Dawon gave an unreadable gaze. 

She reminisced about all her past memories with Luda a few months ago. She knows she loves her so much that she also suffered while she was hiding in Jeju. So, when Hyunjung told her everything and cleared up all the misunderstanding a few days ago, she almost cancelled her plan to go to Spain, and go to find Luda again. But, she also didn't know how Luda felt about her. So, when Luda is right in front of her, confessing her regrets and feelings, she really wants to take this chance.

"Please.. say something.." A pleading voice made Dawon back to reality.

The taller woman saw a genuineness reflected in her eyes, and made up her mind.

"I love you more, Luda-ya." Dawon barely whispered. "I can't live without you." 

Slowly, she leaned closer and carefully captured Luda's lips.

Dawon's lips on hers make her shivered inside out. As if her body was waiting for this, she locked her fingers around the taller's nape and tiptoed. When the taller one noticed, she wrapped her strong arms around Luda's waist to give her support. 

Luda broke the kiss with heavy breath and let Dawon rested her forehead on hers, with eyes closed, she asked again. "Please..don't leave me again."

"I'll not, baby." A soft kiss planted on her forehead.

Luda hummed in satisfaction, nestled her head on dawon’s shoulder.

“Are you sleepy?” Dawon asked when she felt a weight slowly drifted on her shoulder.

Luda hummed again, in unmistakable drowsiness. “Can’t sleep well since you’ve gone, especially last night.”

 

“How about your study?” Luda suddenly remembered Jiyeon had said what Dawon had been planning to Spain while settled in Dawon’s bed.

“I never registered for it.” Dawon pulled Luda closer into her arms. “We’ll talk again when we are both totally sober up.”

Hearing that, Luda closed her eyes and leaned on Dawon’s chest as she couldn’t hold her dozy anymore. “I love you.” She mumbled before falling asleep.

 

 

 

*there would be a bonus chapter ^^

*i really hope you enjoy this story, i really put all my heart in writing this work. every comments are very welcomed and appreciated. or u can anonymously write your feedback on my cc that can be found on my twt @ludawonation