trust

common ground
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tags: angst, fluff, non-au, lapslock

Description: "i love you so much, hyukjae. and i trust you. with my whole life." or the one where donghae apologized to hyukjae after an argument.

A/N: this was written and proofread so hastily. i wrote it to test out my new keyboard, which is weird considering that this is all in lowercase. also, i haven't written any fics properly because writer's block, you know? /cries

"you're getting crumbs all over my bed."

donghae jumps and snaps his head up, looking at hyukjae as though a deer caught in headlights.

"you're home!" donghae exclaims with a grin, mouth full of biscuits that looks suspiciously like the ones he's been hiding in his snack drawer.

"hm, and you're here," hyukjae replies amusingly. he enters the room, shutting the door in the process, and heads to the bathroom. he just got home from an exhausting schedule plus hours of driving and he needs to take a long, hot shower as soon as he can.

"have you eaten dinner?" he hears donghae asks as he sheds off his clothes. he did not bother with the door. he's sure donghae will open it anyway.

"no." hyukjae hopes his voice was loud enough for donghae to hear.

with a sigh, he turns the shower knob to its hot option and places his hand underneath the water, testing its temperature. amidst the sound of the shower, he hears shuffling outside the bathroom. he goes inside the cubicle just as he catches sight of donghae in his peripheral vision. he closes his eyes after and lets the hot water sooth his stiff muscles. though he knows donghae's standing just by the doorway, hyukjae refuses to acknowledge him and simply allows himself to relax.

he does not know how long he was in the shower, but when he comes out, he sees a clean towel and his robe hanging on the rack beside the cubicle. he knows it wasn't there earlier, so donghae must have put it there. hyukjae feels a slight twinge in his chest at his boyfriend's move. donghae may be all words and physical touch when expressing his love, but when it comes to hyukjae, he makes sure that his actions speak louder than words.

donghae's still on his bed when hyukjae heads out the bathroom then to his closet. he does not dare glance at the younger man but he could feel donghae's eyes on him. he focuses on choosing which pajamas will he be wearing tonight.

"hyukkie..." donghae sounded hesitant. like he's approaching a deadly predator.

hyukjae doesn't give him a response. he pulls out his brand new navy blue, linen pajamas and nods to himself. he got dressed right then and there. it's not like donghae haven't seen him completely before.

he putters around for a while; putting his clothes and towel in the hamper, fixing his carry-on bag; all while not indulging donghae with his attention even when he could sense the man following his every move. it is only when he's doing his skin care routine in the bathroom that he finally, properly acknowledges donghae.

"how did you get in?"

he hears footsteps for a second until donghae appears on the doorway. now that he's taken a look at donghae, he notices that his boyfriend is wearing his sweatshirt and pajama pants. donghae's face and hair is void of any product, allowing his natural beauty shine through. if this is any other time, hyukjae would have abandoned his skin care and pull donghae into a kiss. but it isn't. so he wills his pounding heart to calm down as he goes back to rubbing moisturizer on his skin.

"i have keys," there's a hint of sass in donghae's tone but it's mild.

donghae speaks again when hyukjae did not reply, "eomma scolded me 'cause i showed up suddenly. i had to force her to let me order in 'cause she was insisting on cooking," the younger chuckles softly, "noona went out with her friends after we had dinner. if you want, i can order something for you?"

"no need," hyukjae places the cap back on his lipbalm and busies himself with tidying up his skincare product that he didn't notice donghae enter the bathroom until a familiar pair of arms wrap around his torso. he feels donghae's hold tighten around him as hyukjae tries to move away.

"stop ignoring me," donghae's words are partially muffled as the man presses his lips on hyukjae's shoulder. hyukjae raises his head and meets donghae's gaze on the mirror. his boyfriend's brows furrow into a slight frown, glassy eyes wide in a way tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter