perfect first kiss

common ground
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae's first kiss happened when he was seven years old with the nice, little girl he always played with back in Mokpo. It was the day before her family was due to migrate to Japan and she had stolen his first kiss before they parted ways after playing throughout the day.

He didn't really remember much of it.

Since then, Donghae, with his good looks and charming personality, has had his fair share of kisses; boys and girls, his crushes, or the other way around. Some were innocent — like the ones in fairytales — while others were, well, naughty and definitely not for children's books.

However, it was when he was in middle school, right after he got accepted by SM Entertainment as a trainee, did Donghae really desired to kiss and be kissed by someone else.

If "I-want-to-kiss-him-at-first-sight" was a thing, then this would be Donghae's entry.

He saw him at the cafeteria after lunch, chatting with other trainees, and immediately, Donghae went to him and introduced himself.

"Hi, I'm Lee Donghae. Let's be friends!" and then "Can I have your number?"

His fellow trainee was obviously surprised but to Donghae's delight, the boy replied, giving him a blinding, gummy-filled smile.

"Hi, Donghae-ssi. I'm Lee Hyukjae. I hope you take care of me."

Their fairytale love story started there.

Well…not exactly.

Ever since that fateful day, Donghae has harbored a crush on Hyukjae; his best friend, his partner in crime. Suddenly, his desire to kiss (and be kissed by) the older turned into more of an "I want to spend the rest of my life with him" kind of thing.

Unfortunately, due to the situation they were in — debuting in the same group, being international idols — Donghae never dared to confess his feelings for the older man. More importantly, he was scared of what might happen to their friendship if he told Hyukjae of his true feelings.

So, here they are, 20 years since they first met — childish features now matured into handsome men, and yet, Donghae is still as madly in love as he was with his best friend. He finds it quite pathetic, honestly. Even their members were perfectly aware of the totally-not-platonic feelings he had been harboring for the older man and they have been desperately trying to push them together.

But alas, nothing would actually happen if Donghae himself kept escaping their attempts.

It was supposedly a normal night for them.

They were busy preparing for their subunit's 10th anniversary and, for convenience, Donghae's spending more of his time at the dorm; only driving back to his own place when he needed something. The same thing goes for Hyukjae, and so they have been spending almost every minute of every day with each other.

Donghae couldn't be any happier with their current set-up.

After another exhausting rehearsal, Hyukjae decided that they should unwind and have instant ramen with soju — a cola for Donghae — while watching a movie on Kyuhyun's big TV. Thankfully, the maknae was out for some project and wouldn't be back until the next day, so they had the dorm to themselves.

"What movie did you choose?" Hyukjae asked as he carefully placed the pot on the table in front of the sofa.

Donghae fiddled with the projector for a bit before plopping down on the floor, "Kingsman?"

The older hummed, dashing back to the kitchen to grab the drinks, pickled radish, and utensils. As soon as he was back, he sat beside Donghae with a slight groan.

Donghae grabbed the remote and wordlessly started the film, digging into the still piping hot ramen afterward.

Save for the sounds coming from the movie and the occasional clinking of their chopsticks against their bowls, a comfortable silence blanketed them; both men were content with the domesticity

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter